Launcher for clays

They make the regular orange one with a 3' fiberglass handle that you attach. You wanna be forced to get on birds quickly, that bad boy will HUM them out there. LOL

I had a Do-All whitewing, It took a little modification to get it 100%, It would break clays when dropping them on the arm. But it was a lot of fun with the remote. I could set it out in a field and have incoming shots or cross shot. I also had a manual thrower that could launch in all sorts of directions

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9ZeW1mB4-7E

I don't shoot clays or trap. However , decades ago, one of the best weekends I've had was in the mountains of Colorado with other pew pew enthusiasts. All types of long and short guns represented. It is when I was painfully introduced to Garand thumb. But the rear hitch mounted thrower was a blast. I guess if you do a lot of trap/clays you could go this route.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7PBsfHmoVEo

Champion Wheelybird and a 12v battery. Loads of fun! Had mine a few years now and it works great.

Yup, I've had one for years as well, works great. I paid $100 when a local Walmart was closing them out, I was surprised to even see them there.

I don't shoot clays or trap. However , decades ago, one of the best weekends I've had was in the mountains of Colorado with other pew pew enthusiasts. All types of long and short guns represented. It is when I was painfully introduced to Garand thumb. But the rear hitch mounted thrower was a blast. I guess if you do a lot of trap/clays you could go this route.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7PBsfHmoVEo

Nice setup. You could just pop the hood and use the truck battery.

I have an Atlas Patriot I bought used from an NES member a few years back. It works very well and requires little maintenance. One of the clubs I belong to is a basic 100yd with minimal amenities and we use the Atlas occasionally for 5-stand.
This is it but the wheels on mine are solid hard rubber rather than inflatable.
0137645D-9550-48E3-88DC-B6AB2E6EF865.jpeg 0137645D-9550-48E3-88DC-B6AB2E6EF865.jpeg

I was given the Trius One Step last Christmas and have had a lot of fun with it this year. You can shoot clays on your own simply by stepping on the pedal, or if you go with your bride it is super easy to operate. It takes almost zero effort to cock the arm and most of the force generated is via stepping on the pedal. My old pull string actuated thrower took a lot of force to cock the arm.

81HFhAQ+89L._AC_SL1500_.jpg

We just realized that we have three shotgun stations at the gun range with these five foot tall tables that angle upward to support your thrower. So we strapped our do all launcher on it and tried our luck today. Btw, the launcher works way better off these tables.

I sucked much less than the last two times I tried hitting flying projectiles. Actually got 11 out of 25. Still horrible, but less horrible. We set up so it just shoots out straight away from us. I figured out to wait for it to get out there and start to drop. I barely led it whenever I was successful. I could not hit one when it was still rising. Next time.

Even though I'm miserable at it, it is some stupid fun. My wife got to try out her new mossberg 20 gauge silver reserve (yesterday was her birthday). While she struggled to hit the clays she loved the gun. I had a chance to try it. Even though it's quite small for me, it felt so nice. Especially compared to my V3. I went 4 out of 6 with her gun. I understand now why people are drawn to the o/u. They feel good in the hand. She will have some good times with it for sure.

I have to look up the one that one of my clients bought a year or two ago. 4wheel remote control unit that cost around $15k.

We just realized that we have three shotgun stations at the gun range with these five foot tall tables that angle upward to support your thrower. So we strapped our do all launcher on it and tried our luck today. Btw, the launcher works way better off these tables.

I sucked much less than the last two times I tried hitting flying projectiles. Actually got 11 out of 25. Still horrible, but less horrible. We set up so it just shoots out straight away from us. I figured out to wait for it to get out there and start to drop. I barely led it whenever I was successful. I could not hit one when it was still rising. Next time.

Even though I'm miserable at it, it is some stupid fun. My wife got to try out her new mossberg 20 gauge silver reserve (yesterday was her birthday). While she struggled to hit the clays she loved the gun. I had a chance to try it. Even though it's quite small for me, it felt so nice. Especially compared to my V3. I went 4 out of 6 with her gun. I understand now why people are drawn to the o/u. They feel good in the hand. She will have some good times with it for sure.
I'm still stuck on a 1918 Ithaca flues double and a 1974 Ithaca skb side by side. Something about the sight picture between two barrels appeals to me. My friends over/under is nice and all but just doesn't do it for me

Edit:
Friends over/under! Not side by side

Last edited:
We got out again today. Christ this is addictive. I'm getting the hang of shooting the ones that go pretty much away from me. I even stuck two clays into the launcher for shits and giggles. I got them both. I think going for two actually helps because I believe it forced me to be more instinctive on the first shot.

We got out again today. Christ this is addictive. I'm getting the hang of shooting the ones that go pretty much away from me. I even stuck two clays into the launcher for shits and giggles. I got them both. I think going for two actually helps because I believe it forced me to be more instinctive on the first shot.

Definitely a lot of fun, I bought a Trius trap when I was a teenager and can only imagine how many clays I put through it with friends/family over the years (edit: decades actually - lol, boy time goes quick - not lol), still have it but now use an electric, auto feed trap.

Back
Top Bottom