Rise in antisemitism points at absolute need for self defense

It's a very bad look for democrats. Hopefully it causes the more centrist democrats out there to reconsider who they're supporting. I'm not optimistic though.
I'm not optimistic. I think they will just pretend it doesn't exist and remain devout Democrats.

The town menorah in Framingham got vandalized. Several synagogues have received threats, with some closing services over it. Someone most Jews continue to remain devout Democrats and gun-haters. What a time to be alive.
Sometimes you wake up and feel like you're in a bad movie and you are like the black guy in the horror movie that's the smartest one in the bunch but gets sent on the dumbest tasks... at least i do some days

The town menorah in Framingham got vandalized. Several synagogues have received threats, with some closing services over it. Someone most Jews continue to remain devout Democrats and gun-haters. What a time to be alive.

I am going to hazard a guess that most of these local jewish democrats aren't walking around with shirts or bumper stickers openly proclaiming their affiliation, maybe there is a slur that applies or something, like JINO or "Jewish only when convenient but not when it makes me uncomfortable" etc. Or they just think their Judaism is like some cute affectation of their
past or something and maybe theyre self loathing? Sadly most of those people are idiots who would be easily herded back onto trains.

I am going to hazard a guess that most of these local jewish democrats aren't walking around with shirts or bumper stickers openly proclaiming their affiliation, maybe there is a slur that applies or something, like JINO or "Jewish only when convenient but not when it makes me uncomfortable" etc. Or they just think their Judaism is like some cute affectation of their
past or something and maybe theyre self loathing? Sadly most of those people are idiots who would be easily herded back onto trains.
Ostrich

Bury head in sand - you don’t see evil it won’t see you.

At family’s house in CT for the holidays. Sleepinh on couches in living room. Knife, flashlight on coffee table; G17 in knapsack on floor. All within reach.

At lunch with former coworkers/friends from my Boston company this past week, the Israel/Gaza war came up. They are both Jews, one a 1st generation Ukrainian Jew, the other a 3rd generation American Jew - both 70yr-old. The latter guys says he’s been thinking to get a gun. We chatted about that a while and I then turned to the Ukrainian Jew. He just smiled.

He’s a former Ukrainian conscript in the Soviet Army - a combat warrant officer equivalent - and has shared his exploits with me in the past. I said people who smile at discussions about acquiring guns are generally not in need of guns. He just smiled more broadly.

It would be a wonderful twist if the conflict in Gaza & Israel (and spilling over into America to a certain degree) flipped the majority of American Jews from being anti-2A DimocRATS to pro-2A Republicans and Independents. But I don't think it is going to happen. Yes, some number of American Jews may go out and get themselves guns, but the overall political effect will be small and short-lived, not permanent. There is simply too much of a history and commitment to the DimocRAT party and liberalism for that to happen. :(

It would be a wonderful twist if the conflict in Gaza & Israel (and spilling over into America to a certain degree) flipped the majority of American Jews from being anti-2A DimocRATS to pro-2A Republicans and Independents. But I don't think it is going to happen. Yes, some number of American Jews may go out and get themselves guns, but the overall political effect will be small and short-lived, not permanent. There is simply too much of a history and commitment to the DimocRAT party and liberalism for that to happen. :(
Sadly, I agree with you. I also don't think that the Jews who are Dems and decide to arm themselves will ever make the connection about who their real enemies are! [sad]

Back
Top Bottom