Rise in antisemitism points at absolute need for self defense

I don't think there is much, if any, funding from the government. The government typically funds financial aid to needy students, but that's not funding universities directly. There is funding for research, but most of that is split into MIT "subsidiaries," like the Daraper Labs.
No.

Major research universities bring huge amounts of money via research funding from the government. Most every professor at large research universities is funded by research grants.

By David Kopel

MSNBC.com, December 10, 2004. More by Kopel on Hanukkah.

Tonight is the fourth night of Armed Jews Week, or as it is more popularly known, Hanukkah. Hanukkah is an eight-day celebration of the Jewish revolution against Syria in the second century B.C. The Syrian government (a remnant of Alexander the Great's empire) attempted to wipe out the Jewish religion by forcing the Jews to conform to Greek culture. Some of them refused, and a tiny militia, led by Judah the Maccabee ("the hammer") began a guerilla war.

The Jewish militia grew in force, and repeatedly destroyed much larger Syrian armies which were sent to smash the revolution. Syria's King Antiochus decided that the Jewish people were so much trouble that he would just get rid of them entirely--slaughtering as many as necessary, and selling all the rest into slavery. But his wicked plans failed, and after years of war, the Jews won their independence.

EDITED TO ADD - I see that @walter62 just posted this, apparently we read some of the same material...

This is all a natural result of Obama's intersectional coalition - sometimes the groups are on a collision course with one another. In a matchup between Muslims and Jews, Jews are seen as white and therefore have to be the oppressors. Doesn't help that Jews tend to have higher IQs and be more successful, further solidifying the notion that they wield power and, again, must be the oppressors. What I don't understand is how Islam and LGBT haven't collided yet, seeing as Muslims are less tolerant of that than even Putin (btw Israel is very LGBT-friendly).

They have, just not here in the West.

In moooslum lands, LGBT folk get free flying lessons; right off the roof of buildings.
yeah, those articles are out of favor now. but it is truly amazing to see radical palestinians with gays shouting insults to israel together. well, whatever.
eventually an ongoing jihad will settle all doubts and misunderstandings down.

Shame on those jews for inviting her. Then again we have jews calling for our (and their own) disarmament, blocking freeways to help save gaza, and voting D despite the Ds broadly supporting antisemitism, so maybe it's not a surprise.

It would have been funny if they surrounded her and definitely didn’t harass or threaten her in the same way the terrorists didn’t harass or threaten the Jewish students trying to go to class.

Does every black woman have alopecia now? I know it’s not easy for a woman to deal with, but it seems like an extraordinary number to be afflicted with it.

I vote we throw them all out. I'm sick of every group needing my support. The world is full of a**h***s. Let them fight it out.

Back
Top Bottom