Revolver recommendations requested

Do you have any idea what you want to do with your first revolver? That will help you decide which one to get. If you want a nice light carry gun then a 2 inch barrel snub is the way to go. Are you looking for a competition gun? Or just a regular range gun?

Here we go! This guy with a Ruger avatar will be along to tell you how great they are. His name is not Tom. But the S&W 686 is a better gun. [rofl]

I got a S&W 625 JM, It is by far the best revolver I have ever picked up. It is a 6 shot .45 acp N frame. Mine was one of the 1st batch of 750 that were done by the performance center. The newer ones are Pro series guns so they might need a little performance center love to be as perfect

I have a Ruger GP-100, and it is a wonderful wheel gun. I just picked up a Smith and Wesson Highway Patrolman (28-3) with a 6" barrel and I suspect it will relegate my Ruger to being a safe queen.

Do you have any idea what you want to do with your first revolver? That will help you decide which one to get. If you want a nice light carry gun then a 2 inch barrel snub is the way to go. Are you looking for a competition gun? Or just a regular range gun?

Not a simple question really. What are you going to do with it? I would say any gun mentioned here so far would be great for certain purposes. Get a .22 and a center fire. More is better.

The most important question has not been answered.

Until the OP replies, I'm going to suggest a 2.75" 500 S&W snubbie. Simply because its the most ridiculous handgun I could ever imagine. So everyone should have two.

pix552316725.jpg

I have a 9" .460 and could not even imagine what a 400 gr bullet leaving the muzzle at 1700 fps would feel like out of this thing.

I shot a .38 spl S&W at the range yesterday, the front sight was VERY hard to see, I'll definitely be focused on getting one that either has a night sight option, or has replaceable front sights that could have a fibreoptic replacement dropped in.

Back
Top Bottom