Report: Shaq applies for LTC

Lucky for the star of Kazaam, he didn't come to weymouth...unless of course he makes the transition from basketball star to "banker" or "jeweler"...

shaq-kazam.jpg

Shaq is ok in my book, funny and seems like a classy guy and I don't watch sports I'm talking strictly from a person to person view Im sure he will get his alp he's a celebrity which makes him more important than us common folk.

how does one shoot like that? hold like a left handed person?
For long guns, the recommendation is that you try shooting with your non-dominant hand.

But for handguns, it generally isn't an issue and I have my cross-dominant students shoot pistol with their dominant hand. When shooting two-handed, it doesn't take much to shift the gun over towards the dominant eye.

When shooting one-handed with the dominant hand, I recommend canting the pistol at about a 30 degree angle. This will put the sights in front of the dominant eye, but still keep your wrist straight to control the recoil. For those of us who are not cross-dominant, that 30 degree cant helps when shooting in our non-dominant hand.

I'm cross dominant and I shoot pistols with both eyes open and still shoot rifles right handed with my left eye closed.

-Mike

Hmmmm. I have both. I'll have to see if I have any pants with pockets big enough. [laugh]

I love people like Shaq, they make me look small..................... [grin]

Strangely, I have a pair of shorts that both a 500 + DE would fit in just fine. I'm not a big guy, and they'd print like hell, but I have a pair of cargo shorts with pockets that literally go ALL THE WAY TO THE BOTTOM. I actually have to bend over to reach my wallet, keys, etc. It's really a pain in the ass.

Shaq has supposedly been training in boxing, wrestling, Jiu-Jitsu and Muay Thai for ten years with Jonathan Burke of Gracie’s Gym, and wanted a match with Brock Lesnar. He's already at the point where no one will mess with him [wink]

Shaq has supposedly been training in boxing, wrestling, Jiu-Jitsu and Muay Thai for ten years with Jonathan Burke of Gracie’s Gym, and wanted a match with Brock Lesnar. He's already at the point where no one will mess with him [wink]
I might pay to watch that.

Sure....I would to and he's a real fan of mma not one of the jump on the bandwagon because its popular now people. His reach would be his best attribute and unfortunately his downfall also someone would grab hold of one of those 6 ft long appendages and submit him real quick.

Sure....I would to and he's a real fan of mma not one of the jump on the bandwagon because its popular now people. His reach would be his best attribute and unfortunately his downfall also someone would grab hold of one of those 6 ft long appendages and submit him real quick.
I could see Brock duck under, grab a double and take him down. I don't think he'd be able to do anything with Lesnar on top of him.

And, btw, I can't stand Lesnar.

he has also had protection dogs in the past (German Shepherds) not sure if he still has them or if they went with his ex-wife. he is also the founder and master of Shaq-Fu

It would be awesome if he were denied his LTC or restricted and used his position to bring attention to the situation in Mass.; he wouldn't be the first member of LE with a restricted Mass. LTC.

Wait, I thought that there was an article in the paper that ran all the people with permits in MA? Or was it going to be run?

A few have run listing the total number of license holders in Mass., or on the Cape, but just stats, no names.

In MA, firearm related information is exempt from public records law. (M.G.L. c.66 s.10)

Correct, I was going to post that. But keep in mind if anything makes it to court (such as appealing a denial, cases where LTC applications are used in evidence for other cases, and similar things) anything on it in court will be public record, unless the person involved is a juvi.

An aside, this might stick it to a few people with crazy stalkers or ex-GF/BF who's trying to hunt them down. If they're denied an LTC, they can't appeal it in court without putting themselves in serious danger. One more reason to abolish licensing.

how does one shoot like that? hold like a left handed person?

I know a guy who tilts his head to the side and closes one eye. He's an excellant shot.

Isn't there an NBA Commissioner named David Stern who was talking about not allowing any NBA players to have guns?

I'm not a sports guy, but I believe you're correct.

So is Kimbo Slice, and he's stated publicly that he carries his gun everywhere.

he is also the founder and master of Shaq-Fu

I used to play that videogame on Super NES. Not this NES, btw. [grin]

It would be awesome if he were denied his LTC or restricted and used his position to bring attention to the situation in Mass.
In the unlikely event it got to that point, the matter would probably be quietly settled in favor of the applicant.

Back
Top Bottom