• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

REPEAL OF ALL STATE-LEVEL MAGAZINE AND GUN BANS in the first 100 days.

Without an MA unrestricted permit they are.
More than a few out of state people have been charged with having am illegal high capacity firearm, defined as a firearm that can accept a magazine greater than 10 rounds. Could be a pile on charge.

Side note I have read that NY ignores the federal law protecting lawful transport through the state. All "someone knows someone who knows someone. " So it could be hype but given how corrupt NY is it would surprise me if it was true.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Yes if you don't have an LTC you would be in illegal possession of a firearm. And no, the LTC does NOT have to be unrestricted. Your pistols are not illegal here. At all. The magazines? Yes if they are post ban high caps, but not the pistols themselves. If they were illegal, no one could possess them/own them here, but plenty do. Licensing is not the same as the gun being "illegal", despite how the media words it. End of story.

Yes if you don't have an LTC you would be in illegal possession of a firearm. And no, the LTC does NOT have to be unrestricted. Your pistols are not illegal here. At all. The magazines? Yes if they are post ban high caps, but not the pistols themselves. If they were illegal, no one could possess them/own them here, but plenty do. Licensing is not the same as the gun being "illegal", despite how the media words it. End of story.
Good to know.
So only my magazines would get me 30 years in an MA prison if reciprocity doesn't cover everything I legally carry at home [emoji38] [emoji38] [emoji38] [emoji38]

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Damn , was he sworn in while I wasn't paying attention?
Remind me of this in six months and I'll admit to being wrong if I am.
Barry still has the keys to the front door for a couple of months.
I'd want to keep him guessing too if I was Trump.
He's already trying to push through a bunch of crap to make it hard for Trump.

Trump has said he will not go after Hillary in any way with criminal charges.
Trump has said his wall won't actually be anything like was promised in his campaign.
Those are just two things he changed his mind on before he is even inaugurated.
Forget all the other blatant lies he told during his campaign.

But, yeah - he will totally keep his word with respect to USSC nominations and 2-A concerns...

Remembering my history and civics classes I am under the impression that "NO state can impose its'self between federal law and it's citizens". Article V1 of the Constitution make federal laws the supreme law of the land.Trump may make this work as it worked for integration in Little Rock.

Not exactly

Supremacy of federal law is only valid wrt the 18 enumerated powers in article 1 section 8 and a couple other minor points in ammendments to the constitution....like ability to pass laws that INVALIDATE state laws that violate civil rights

So tie compliance to education funding. [emoji51]

Without an MA unrestricted permit they are.
More than a few out of state people have been charged with having am illegal high capacity firearm, defined as a firearm that can accept a magazine greater than 10 rounds. Could be a pile on charge.

MA LTC restrictions have nothing to do with what guns you can legally own. The presence of a restriction is typically something that prevents the LTC holder from legally carrying concealed.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Side note I have read that NY ignores the federal law protecting lawful transport through the state. All "someone knows someone who knows someone. " So it could be hype but given how corrupt NY is it would surprise me if it was true.

I hear this about NJ as well. It's one of those things that "everybody knows", but, I'm skeptical.

Has anyone found an actual case where someone was transporting firearms in accordance with FOPA, that does not originate with the Port Authority of NY/NJ Police Dept.? (PANY/NJ PD seems to be "special" in its failure to interpret, or even comprehend the existence of, FOPA86)

All the other stories, though, seem to be FOAFtales, and I haven't seen anyone come up with an actual, citable case.

Before someone mentions Dustin Reininger in NJ, yeah, what happened to him s*cks, but the cases weren't locked, so he wasn't in compliance with FOPA.

Trump has said he will not go after Hillary in any way with criminal charges.
Trump has said his wall won't actually be anything like was promised in his campaign.
Those are just two things he changed his mind on before he is even inaugurated.
Forget all the other blatant lies he told during his campaign.

But, yeah - he will totally keep his word with respect to USSC nominations and 2-A concerns...

Go ahead and say he's going after Hillary and the pardon will be written before the echo dies.
Who the hell knows what he's going to do with his wall, but you can bet your ass the boarder is going to be a lot more secure than it is right now.
Thank god the majority of people weren't this defeatist on election day or we'd be bowing to queen Hillary in January .

I hear this about NJ as well. It's one of those things that "everybody knows", but, I'm skeptical.

Has anyone found an actual case where someone was transporting firearms in accordance with FOPA, that does not originate with the Port Authority of NY/NJ Police Dept.? (PANY/NJ PD seems to be "special" in its failure to interpret, or even comprehend the existence of, FOPA86)

All the other stories, though, seem to be FOAFtales, and I haven't seen anyone come up with an actual, citable case.

Before someone mentions Dustin Reininger in NJ, yeah, what happened to him s*cks, but the cases weren't locked, so he wasn't in compliance with FOPA.

As I recall there's been at least 1 member here on NES who's posted their own personal experience with the (over)zealousness of NY state's finest regarding inter-state firearms transportation. Don't remember who it was and if they ended up being charged, or just massively hassled, but it was outside of NYC and was not a pretty experience.

The gun owners in the state do !!
And that's about it, there is no way Trump is going to meddle in the Massachusetts gun owners nightmare, I promise you he has other things on his mind. The only chance is if a new governor gets elected and is personally a gun guy and even then these guys get greedy and will do whatever it takes to secure more support from fellow legislators.

And that's about it, there is no way Trump is going to meddle in the Massachusetts gun owners nightmare, I promise you he has other things on his mind. The only chance is if a new governor gets elected and is personally a gun guy and even then these guys get greedy and will do whatever it takes to secure more support from fellow legislators.
You say this as if he's going to directly deal with the individual state of Massachusetts when if this does happen it'd be a dealing with all of the ban states.

soon NH because Mass

- - - Updated - - -

That changes everyday, to the gun owners side.

So why would you want the fed to step in and change the laws of a state. The people of these states voted for what they have. Lets hope that never happens in NH.

Yes we do, so why would you think the federal government would interfere with states rights. Thank you for making my point.

Ah no, when it comes to constitutional rights, it's not a majority rules situation. No state/town government has the right to deny the fundamental rights of free men.

I'm sure it will be the one of the first things president Trump does. Good Luck

Good luck to you to, I'm just glad Trump won instead of NH's choice for president didn't. With the Rs in control of congress, hopefully Hassan won't be able to do much damage - although she strongly supports a federal AWB and will be working with Warren on lots of issues.

Back
Top Bottom