• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

REPEAL OF ALL STATE-LEVEL MAGAZINE AND GUN BANS in the first 100 days.

Though he was speaking in the context of education, Trump did say he is all for states rights. I agree with jct61765, dont hold your breathe hoping things will turn around so quickly, if at all.

Isn't that what Trump is talking about doing? Obviously, these issues go to the Supreme Court.

Trump has said he will not go after Hillary in any way with criminal charges.
Trump has said his wall won't actually be anything like was promised in his campaign.
Those are just two things he changed his mind on before he is even inaugurated.
Forget all the other blatant lies he told during his campaign.

But, yeah - he will totally keep his word with respect to USSC nominations and 2-A concerns...

I have to be honest. I don't give a rats ass what happens to Hillary. I know what she deserves.I would like her in prison. However I'm not going to get hung up on it to the point effort is going towards her in prison vs. restoring individual rights. I expect him to secure rights for people both Red and Blue. I believe the Security of our Border is going to greatly improve. I expect he will do great things for the 2A. I also suspect that he is going to pander to the Dems on some social issue's because those 2 items alone are going to come at a cost. I personally don't care if my neighbor wants to get intimate with a coat hanger,pill,stairs or a medical professional because thats not my problem. I don't care who wants to marry who and the list could go on and on. What I care about most is what effects me.

The Left wants to light him on fire and roast dinner. I suspect if he Burns us on the right we will just hand him over for the roasting.

If he can fix immigration, lower the deficit and maybe do something about Obama care he'd be doing well.

Seeing as how he has proposed increasing spending on infrastructure, defense, and border controls, along with lower taxes, I fully expect the deficit to increase.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Truly, get 2 or 3 picks for SCOTUS and get them right and I will be happy. To me, these picks will have far greater effect of the future generations than the proverbial wall.

A wall can come in different forms like brick and mortar, laws or even an electronic wall. A wall could also be a synonym for voter ID used to keep illegals from voting.

Get solid picks for judges, re-institute the Constitution as THE basic set of laws in this country without re-interpretation as a living document like the left would like, and all else for me is gravy.

You know, just because a president can't legally do something and make states comply, we've seen from the current administration that they actually can. Following the rules has done well for us, I'd be happy for an executive order allowing correct interpretation of the 2A,

You know, just because a president can't legally do something and make states comply, we've seen from the current administration that they actually can. Following the rules has done well for us, I'd be happy for an executive order allowing correct interpretation of the 2A,

The courts rebuffed 0bama's every attempt to legislate via Executive Order. What makes you think they would look more kindly on an extra-legal EO from the new President?

Oh? What executive orders did Obama enact that were unconstitutional? And if he did, is that really a practice to emulate?

Oh? What executive orders did Obama enact that were unconstitutional? And if he did, is that really a practice to emulate?

Article 2, Section 3.

"He shall from time to time give to the Congress Information of the State of the Union, and recommend to their Consideration such Measures as he shall judge necessary and expedient; he may, on extraordinary Occasions, convene both Houses, or either of them, and in Case of Disagreement between them, with Respect to the Time of Adjournment, he may adjourn them to such Time as he shall think proper; he shall receive Ambassadors and other public Ministers; he shall take Care that the Laws be faithfully executed, and shall Commission all the Officers of the United States."

His EO on immigration. The lower court did rule against him, but they did not rule on the constitutionality. The Supreme Court DID address this clause specifically. Sadly, they split, 4-4, so the lower court ruling was allowed to stand absent opinion from SCOTUS.

https://www.supremecourt.gov/opinions/15pdf/15-674_jhlo.pdf

It is my opinion that executive actions that direct other government officials to ignore laws indeed violates the Constitution. Hard to execute laws faithfully by not enforcing them...

And no, it isn't a good practice to emulate, though it appears Obama was emulating past President's who had done similar things.

Back
Top Bottom