REPEAL OF ALL STATE-LEVEL MAGAZINE AND GUN BANS in the first 100 days.

Nice idea, but neither Trump nor Congress can repeal or invalidate state firearms laws.

It's going to be up to the SCOTUS to do that, and that's years from now.

It's coming. The Mass "Assault" Weapon Ban's days are numbered. The federal court case is about to be made irrelevant.

State-level mag and firearm bans, consumer protection laws, and nation-wide concealed carry, all gone in the first 100 days of the Trump administration.

https://pjmedia.com/trending/2016/11/11/trump-to-support-nationwide-concealed-carry/

I have a really nice beachfront home in Arizona that I can't use anymore. I'll sell it to you on the cheap. Let me know if interested.

Even if reprocity passed, states like MA, IL, NY, etc would just add even more absurd hoops to jump through in order to be allowed to possess a gun or magazine in the state.

It's coming. The Mass "Assault" Weapon Ban's days are numbered. The federal court case is about to be made irrelevant.

State-level mag and firearm bans, consumer protection laws, and nation-wide concealed carry, all gone in the first 100 days of the Trump administration.

https://pjmedia.com/trending/2016/11/11/trump-to-support-nationwide-concealed-carry/

Let me know when those pigs are making flights out of Logan airport. I want to be there to film it. I also have a nice bridge to sell you.

-Mike

Even if reprocity passed, states like MA, IL, NY, etc would just add even more absurd hoops to jump through in order to be allowed to possess a gun or magazine in the state.

How does one pass a reciprocity-restricting law???? It would be like MA saying that if you want to drive a vehicle in the state and are not a resident with a resident license, you must wear red pants.

How does one pass a reciprocity-restricting law???? It would be like MA saying that if you want to drive a vehicle in the state and are not a resident with a resident license, you must wear red pants.

Why do you assume that's outside the realm of possibility? There's honestly nothing stopping them from drafting a law like that. Enforcement and legality in the courts is another story.

Nice idea, but neither Trump nor Congress can repeal or invalidate state firearms laws.

It's going to be up to the SCOTUS to do that, and that's years from now.

Well, they could use the preemption clause in theory. In reality: yeah probably not going to happen.

This Constitution, and the laws of the United States which shall be made in pursuance thereof; and all treaties made, or which shall be made, under the authority of the United States, shall be the supreme law of the land; and the judges in every state shall be bound thereby, anything in the Constitution or laws of any State to the contrary notwithstanding.

Don't see why it can't happen tho. Especially with a pro gun supreme Court finally making a ruling without vagueness...i thought a definitive federal ruling based on constitutional rights trumps individual state laws?

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

Don't see why it can't happen tho. Especially with a pro gun supreme Court finally making a ruling without vagueness...i thought a definitive federal ruling based on constitutional rights trumps individual state laws?

there you go thinking again...

I would be nice though...but i for one dont see it happening unless trump passes a executive order and getting all the appropriate agencies to look into elected officials on corruption and abuse of power?

Be nice though if congress passed a law stateing the the constitution is actually valid and will be followed[rolleyes]

This will be great! However, I'm pretty sure I read somewhere something about the powers not delegated to the US by the Constitution nor prohibited by it to the Sates, are reserved to the States. Or to the people. I'm pretty sure that's what it was. Can't remember where I read that, but I think it might apply here.

SCOTUS striking down an AWB that mirrors MA's AWB is the only way to completely remove MA's retardation. MA picks and chooses what of it's own laws to follow, what make you think they will follow a fed law?

This will be great! However, I'm pretty sure I read somewhere something about the powers not delegated to the US by the Constitution nor prohibited by it to the Sates, are reserved to the States. Or to the people. I'm pretty sure that's what it was. Can't remember where I read that, but I think it might apply here.

A law implementing Heller and McDonald would not be unconstitutional. The law would be called the "Second Amendment Protection Act", and it would preempt individual states from infringing on Second Amendment rights, in one case prohibiting the banning of "firearms in common usage", and in the other case, allowing nation-wide concealed-carry for personal defense. Federal preemption is a well-established principal, and is spelled out in the Constitution.

Trump has said he supports such legislation: "GUN AND MAGAZINE BANS. Gun and magazine bans are a total failure. That’s been proven every time it’s been tried. Opponents of gun rights try to come up with scary sounding phrases like “assault weapons”, “military-style weapons” and “high capacity magazines” to confuse people. What they’re really talking about are popular semi- automatic rifles and standard magazines that are owned by tens of millions of Americans. Law-abiding people should be allowed to own the firearm of their choice. The government has no business dictating what types of firearms good, honest people are allowed to own."

https://assets.donaldjtrump.com/Second_Amendment_Rights.pdf

Yep. Because MA already has a tiered gun possession/carrying system. So you just say hey, in order to be in possession of a gun in MA, you need to complete course X. So sure, reciprocity laws means MA has to accept a CCP from another state with regards to laws specifically about carrying a concealed firearm, but they could add annoying restrictions for physical possession of a gun, magazines, or ammo, or whatever.

OMG THAT SOUNDS AWESOME ITS TOO BAD ITS DEFINITELY NOT EVER GOING TO HAPPEN!!!!!!!

Are we talking about Gun Laws soon to be overturned, or TRUMP BECOMING PRESIDENT ?

Because that was never going to happen either.

- - - Updated - - -

SCOTUS striking down an AWB that mirrors MA's AWB is the only way to completely remove MA's retardation. MA picks and chooses what of it's own laws to follow, what make you think they will follow a fed law?[/QUOTE]

Funding

Are we talking about Gun Laws soon to be overturned, or TRUMP BECOMING PRESIDENT ?

Because that was never going to happen either.

He can over turn all the federal gun laws he can get congress and the senate to repeal he wants. He can not make a state like MA do anything it doesn't want to do.

lol

Not going to happen, but there would be a good chance of national reciprocity in states that are willing to play ball.

I'd be fine if the fvcktards on Beacon Hill were completely cut off from the .gov $ teat until they comply. Same with the sanctuary city bullshit.

And the cutoff should be dollars LOST, not just held in escrow. If you get 365 million, every day you wait, it costs a million in less aid.

They passed an upskirt bill in TWO DAYS. How long do you think it would take a $motivated$ legislature to come into line?

The resultant panties-in-a-twist rage and apoplexy would give me nearly unbearable glee.

The Federal Government has had Total Power to enforce the Constitution for 240 years.

- - - Updated - - -

Well, we can revisit this Thread in Six Months and review President Trump then.

I do not think he will let us down.

Back
Top Bottom