• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

REPEAL OF ALL STATE-LEVEL MAGAZINE AND GUN BANS in the first 100 days.

Don't see why it can't happen tho. Especially with a pro gun supreme Court finally making a ruling without vagueness...i thought a definitive federal ruling based on constitutional rights trumps individual state laws?

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

I think you give the conservative wing of the supreme court too much credit. Save for Alito most of them are not hardcore RKBA. Look at the watering down that had to happen to get Heller to fly, and Kennedy wasn't the only one that caused that to happen. Even if Trump gets to pick 2 justices having 3 out of 9 being hardcore RKBA is not enough to get such an expansive decision.

-Mike

The Federal Government has had Total Power to enforce the Constitution for 240 years.

Right, but unless you can point out the "magazine ban" article in the Constitution, and absent some SCOTUS ruling that specifically says "magazine bans are unconstitutional," then the power to ban magazines is a power not delegated to the US by the Constitution nor prohibited by it to the States, and therefore one reserved to the States. Whether or not we think magazine bans are an unconstitutional infringement is irrelevant.

Well, we can revisit this Thread in Six Months and review President Trump then.

I do not think he will let us down.

We can, and I would love to be wrong again, but I don't think the 2A is important enough to him (or anyone in government for that matter) to spend all of his political capital twisting the arms of anti-states.

The ATF can regulate firearms in the same way the FAA regulates aviation. FAA regs, enabled by legislation, supersede all state regulations, and the states have no individual say in what kinds of aircraft can be manufactured, produced or used, or even where they can be used.

The Republicans have all the votes they need to do this. They can even suspend the filibuster rule in the Senate, and pass the law without a single democrat vote.

The ATF can regulate firearms in the same way the FAA regulates aviation. FAA regs, enabled by legislation, supersede all state regulations, and the states have no individual say in what kinds of aircraft can be manufactured, produced or used, or even where they can be used.

The Republicans have all the votes they need to do this. They can even suspend the filibuster rule in the Senate, and pass the law without a single democrat vote.

Even if you are correct, you are mixing CAN with the will to DO.

... but the Federal Govt. can make receiving some federal funds contingent on complying with a federal law.

This is very true. The right turn on red laws were enforced pretty much in every state due to threat of withholding of highway funds.

v8ccqht.jpg

All the positive comments !!! ****ing WOW!! Roll over and give up !! How's all the Gadsdens flag wavers doing?

This could happen! if someone pushes the issue.

This Constitution, and the laws of the United States which shall be made in pursuance thereof; and all treaties made, or which shall be made, under the authority of the United States, shall be the supreme law of the land; and the judges in every state shall be bound thereby, anything in the Constitution or laws of any State to the contrary notwithstanding.

It still comes down to Due Process under the 5th and 14th Amendments. Key fundamentals that precede the Constitution is that no one is to be deprived of one's life, liberty, or property without notice of such proceedings and an opportunity to be heard.

In addition, under the 14th as many of us know, these same liberties prevent the state from violating any of the enumerated rights. In addition, the laws cannot be unreasonable, arbitrary, or capricious. Therefore, there is no doubt that Maura Healey violated these concepts under the amendments cited above.

This could happen! if someone pushes the issue.
>if someone pushes the issue
>pushes the issue

There's the rub. I don't see anyone wanting to stick their necks out for this. I think most legislators are content with maintaining a holding pattern. As we heard in MA (was it DeLeo?), "we don't have time for this, I expect the courts to sort it out..."

Christ on a cruiseship. Nothing is going to change anytime soon. For better or worse. Let's just all calm down. Things are going in the correct direction, but we're still looking at a long road ahead to fix some of these problems.

Reciprocity without an end to gun, magazine, and ammo bans can could land me a 30 year stay in MA if I passed through with my range bag. Every pistol I own is an illegal high capacity firearm except my Shield 40 by MA definitions. Only my Shield mags ate less than 10 rounds.
And passing through NJ with normal defensive ammo? Screwed. A single Spent empty she'll in DC? Double screwed.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Not entirely true - states, even towns can restrict where aircraft can and can't land.

He should wait on this. Get a few justices in the SC. Also he should do 2 more things:
1)Get rid of the illegal criminals
2)Somehow make the Patriot act or RICO or something apply to street gangs, who are the largest illegal users of firearms.

After all of those things are complete, he will hopefully have a SC makeup to back him up, and also he'll clean up the streets enough to show that CRIMINALS, not guns commit crime.

I think he will have the ammo, pun intended, to prove that point, and to convince people moving forward that we need to be more tough on criminals who break gun laws, instead of more gun laws that do nothing.

And he must do this before the mid-terms, because after Hillary losing, I don't think he'll have both House and Senate anymore.

This will be great! However, I'm pretty sure I read somewhere something about the powers not delegated to the US by the Constitution nor prohibited by it to the Sates, are reserved to the States. Or to the people. I'm pretty sure that's what it was. Can't remember where I read that, but I think it might apply here.
A little something something called the 10th Amendment.
The powers not delegated to the United States by the Constitution, nor prohibited by it to the States, are reserved to the States respectively, or to the people.

Christ on a cruiseship. Nothing is going to change anytime soon. For better or worse. Let's just all calm down. Things are going in the correct direction, but we're still looking at a long road ahead to fix some of these problems.

If there is anyone here who knows the deal, it is this guy.

Nice idea, but neither Trump nor Congress can repeal or invalidate state firearms laws.

It's going to be up to the SCOTUS to do that, and that's years from now.

To out Healy, Healy, can't the federal govt say bans of these types are a direct infringement of 2A to that state's citizenship so yes, they can re-interpret these state laws to be in violation of the constitution rights? I mean shall not be infringed is pretty clear to us.

Reciprocity without an end to gun, magazine, and ammo bans can could land me a 30 year stay in MA if I passed through with my range bag. Every pistol I own is an illegal high capacity firearm except my Shield 40 by MA definitions. Only my Shield mags ate less than 10 rounds.
And passing through NJ with normal defensive ammo? Screwed. A single Spent empty she'll in DC? Double screwed.

So jealous of those of you in Free America and surrounded by Free states...

Escaped MA in 2008. Never looking back. MA is just too expensive now too.
And I like my locker full of standard issue stuff. [emoji38] [emoji12]

Good for you! Best I can do is part-time escape and residency change since we have a business here that can't be moved. That said, if I win the Powerball **** the business...leaving and never coming back!

Once Trump and the Republicans have established people in all the right places - SCOTUS, AG, FBI, Fed Courts, and in more positions throughout the States, things will begin to change. Leverage and pressure is what will make things happen more than actual change to so called law. Program support, campaign support, hearings, investigations, etc. don't necessarily need the full extent of due process to be effective.

FOPA in mass avoid D.C. And jersey

Filibusters are silly.

They can delay a vote by how long, really ?

Answer: 1. U.S. Sen. Strom Thurmond The record for the longest filibuster goes to U.S. Sen. Strom Thurmond of South Carolina, who spoke for 24 hours and 18 minutes against the Civil Rights Act of 1957, according to U.S. Senate records.

It's coming. The Mass "Assault" Weapon Ban's days are numbered. The federal court case is about to be made irrelevant.

State-level mag and firearm bans, consumer protection laws, and nation-wide concealed carry, all gone in the first 100 days of the Trump administration.

https://pjmedia.com/trending/2016/11/11/trump-to-support-nationwide-concealed-carry/

Please tell us more on your understanding of the Presidents power and authority. It seems people love the idea of dictators and authoritarians, well when they like the person. But there is a reason why it's a terrible idea and the US isn't suppose to work that way.

Back
Top Bottom