• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Reminder: what to do when your classified ad sells

M1911

NES Member
Folks, this is a reminder and an explanation of what to do when your ad sells. Please go to your ad, hit the edit link, and then at the title of the thread, change the prefix from WTS to SOLD.

Please don’t just change the thread title to “please delete”. Please don’t report your thread, asking the moderators to delete it. Please just change the prefix to SOLD.

Why should you do this? Because it reduces moderator work. I can filter all of the threads in a classified forum by prefix, so that I only see SOLD ads. Then I can delete all of them with just a couple clicks.

If you change the thread title to “please delete” but don’t change the prefix, then I would have to page through all the threads in the forum, read each title, and select each thread to be deleted one by one. That takes a lot of time, is very error prone, and as a result rarely gets done.

Please don’t report your thread asking for it to be deleted. Once again, that adds more work for the moderators to open the report, delete the reported content, and then mark the report resolved.

Please help make our job easier by setting the prefix to sold.

Can we ask you to keep the sold price?

I’d like to know where things sold price wise
We don’t edit the ad — that would require work for each ad and we simply don’t have the manpower to do that. Many people who post items for sale delete the contents of their ad when they sell it. That is their choice and nothing we can or will do about that.

We don’t edit the ad — that would require work for each ad and we simply don’t have the manpower to do that. Many people who post items for sale delete the contents of their ad when they sell it. That is their choice and nothing we can or will do about that.
Oh!! I know. I’m asking the sellers to keep that in the ad.

I know it’s not you guys

If it is stressing you out so much with all the other real life shit going on with you, I would eliminate the self-induced stress from my life. Kinda common sense actually..

If I was going through what you were and are going through, last thing I would want to do is babysit a forum, then complain about it.

Get better dude, and concern yourself with what really matters.

If it is stressing you out so much with all the other real life shit going on with you, I would eliminate the self-induced stress from my life. Kinda common sense actually..

If I was going through what you were and are going through, last thing I would want to do is babysit a forum, then complain about it.

Get better dude, and concern yourself with what really matters.
He's actually sticking up for the classified users here. Sold but not marked stuff makes it annoying for people doing deep dives for weird stuff. .... we get complaints about it on the side constantly.

Back
Top Bottom