Red Dot for a Bullpup Shotgun

I've got a Romeo MSR on a KSG and a Romeo 5 on a TS-12 and neither have a problem (both are my wife's), but we also haven't thrown them around much.

As a side note I decided to try out the Sig Romeo 5 for my bullpup shotgun. The riser it comes with is perfect for the bullpup. If its stops raining long enough I may get to the range this weekend and give it a run through.

I’m sorta with this ^

No real need for a dot in my opinion. However! I kinda see a slight possibility if it is a dot and a circle.

Thinking it might (depending on the choke) sorta give you a quick (as in this area) possibility of a hit vs a precision aim of a small dot

Just thinking out loud.
At 'bad breath' range, the spread on a 12 ga isn't that much. I'd be entirely possible to completely miss in a high stress situation.

I'm thinking of pulling the trigger on optics, but I'm going to get the same damn one for all my guns, or at least the same reticle.

I'd also have to buy some pistols with the mounting hardware.

At 'bad breath' range, the spread on a 12 ga isn't that much. I'd be entirely possible to completely miss in a high stress situation.

I'm thinking of pulling the trigger on optics, but I'm going to get the same damn one for all my guns, or at least the same reticle.

I'd also have to buy some pistols with the mounting hardware.
I’ve done a bunch of 3-guns and tactical shotgun matches. The sights/optics etc are the absolute least of the issues. Ive always shot with irons/ghost ring sights.

Want to be an effective tactical shotgun guy?? Imho learn to reload!!!! This screws me and others every time.

Oh I 100% get that. But shotguns aren’t really a precision tool. Follow through on the swing and proper lead still applies.

There’s a big difference between shooting clays with birdshot and shooting slugs or flight control buckshot for the things a bullpup shotgun is used for.

Back
Top Bottom