Range Suicide @ Bob's Tactical In Salisbury

that is an america that has passed and will only rise again after civil war II.

The government will cave before that would happen, I don't think the military would support going against the people and I have a strong feeling neither would most of our troops or police, we are also not alone, other country's would intervene, it's not so simple as it looks.

But it is fun thinking we could live out some of the cool shows on TV.

Tim ~ [grin]

The government will cave before that would happen, I don't think the military would support going against the people and I have a strong feeling neither would most of our troops or police, we are also not alone, other country's would intervene, it's not so simple as it looks.

But it is fun thinking we could live out some of the cool shows on TV.

Tim ~ [grin]

I don't agree with that statement. Look at most of the people that are in the military now, they are just like the ones that abuse their powers on the streets here!

Charles.

I don't agree with that statement. Look at most of the people that are in the military now, they are just like the ones that abuse their powers on the streets here!

Charles.

Unless complete anarchy came about cause of a meteor hit or some other unknown force I just can't see our government getting away with over running us, if it was another country invading I am sure we would all band together and fight back, that's what we are about in my book, I just don't see our government taking over cause of resistance to gun laws or anything else along those lines.

If some of you don't agree that's fine, I would appreciate some conversation about it and not let it get into belittling each other, remember we are taking about something that has not happened and to my knowledge hasn't even come up with our government, it's just us throwing some BS around [thumbsup]

Tim ~ :)

You can shoot alone if you're not renting, have an LTC, etc. Basically at MFL you're only gonna get cut off if you are coming in and renting alone without nothing more than a DL- since that class of user is more likely than all the others combined to off themselves on the range.

-Mike

I've been to Manchester MANY times, and found this to be the case. I've always brought my own, so it was never an issue. IIRC, there's a standing policy: you need a license if you're solo, renting, doesn't matter what state you're from.

Unless complete anarchy came about cause of a meteor hit or some other unknown force I just can't see our government getting away with over running us, if it was another country invading I am sure we would all band together and fight back, that's what we are about in my book, I just don't see our government taking over cause of resistance to gun laws or anything else along those lines.

If some of you don't agree that's fine, I would appreciate some conversation about it and not let it get into belittling each other, remember we are taking about something that has not happened and to my knowledge hasn't even come up with our government, it's just us throwing some BS around [thumbsup]

Tim ~ :)

True, but why not! Didn't king osama get involved in a simple self defense case recently and open his chicken hole publicly about something that should've been sealed like a classified document? Yes the gov't would and do get involved in things that they shouldn't especially about small arms firearms, may I remind you of Hurricane Katrina and the most recent event during the marathon! It's not a what if with them, it is a when is it.

Charles.

Charles.

Really? I know a lot of people still in, to include relatives. I highly doubt they would turn on their own friends and family. Remember, they aren't automatons. They have feelings, friends, and relatives, here, in this country.

Sent from my GT-P6210 using Tapatalk 2

Really? I know a lot of people still in, to include relatives. I highly doubt they would turn on their own friends and family. Remember, they aren't automatons. They have feelings, friends, and relatives, here, in this country.

Sent from my GT-P6210 using Tapatalk 2

Okay so you're not getting what i'm saying, or are you saying that the locals are mindless Nazi's just programed to kill dogs and innocent people? The last I seen and heard they are supposed to take just about the same oath to help protect the populace, not help to enslave and violate them. That is my point!

Charles.

True, but why not! Didn't king osama get involved in a simple self defense case recently and open his chicken hole publicly about something that should've been sealed like a classified document? Yes the gov't would and do get involved in things that they shouldn't especially about small arms firearms, may I remind you of Hurricane Katrina and the most recent event during the marathon! It's not a what if with them, it is a when is it.

Charles.

I think you are talking about police or government going overboard on somethings.

Ya there has been some panic ( best word I can use) by our officials, I don't think that is leading into a take over, lessons have been learned, the news has put it up so everyone can see, people together are afraid, people by themselves will stand up and act, I don't see a take over, just some in charge going a bit far with trying to protect the public, personally I wish they would let me take care of myself, but there are rules and laws that I have to live by, we all have them and we need to just accept it, am I a sheep, hardly !!! I have limits just like anyone else, when they come I will have my shit ready best as possible, until then it's work tomorrow and then take my grandson to pat the horses at the local farm.

Tim ~ [grin]

And you are basing this wonderful bit of infinite knowledge on what information?

I'm in the military and you could not be more wrong. We are not the f'in cops, they are definitely not us whether they want to think so or not. We have standards that we must uphold, we can get in trouble and nothing we do that is in the least bit out of line will ever get "broomed".

Since you are so damn ignorant, I will go off on the tangent of informing you that everyone that I have known, know and work with in the .mil world is pretty much just like me. We are all gun people, all of us have major concerns about the direction of our country and our current leadership and none of us would be in the least bit interested in asserting our "power" over our own citizens on our homeland over whatever tin foil hat wearing issues you have in mind. We are not coming for your guns because if we were asked to, we'd be the first to be asked/forced to turn in our own personal stashes. Why the hell do you think DHS is becoming so powerful? Why is POTUS saying we need civilian security forces that match the power of the .mil? His $13/hr TSA type minions are who you need to worry about, not us.

Your comments, besides being complete and utter bullshit, are highly offensive. Find me examples of .mil abusing their powers a la the jack booted thugs that pollute our police depts and NOT getting in major trouble for it. Nobody is immune, some junior officer of the deck runs a war ship into the ground and heads roll from O-1 to O-6 and friggin CO's, XO's will likely loose their jobs, thats the equivalent of police higher ups in the civilian world, ever see them being held accountable for anything?

The .mil is far from perfect, we are involved in shit that we should not be involved in and don't always agree with (war on drugs) but much of it is DHS too. A request for the .mil to confiscate guns or otherwise make your life miserable like the modern cop does would be dead on arrival. Legitimate critiques of the military, military culture, military members are more than welcome and encouraged, comparing us to the cops you see acting like asses and abusing people and their rights crosses the line and is total horseshit. Find me one example where an active duty military member acted out of line in public like the cops do regularly and kept his job. Any bad shit you read about happening in military commands always ends with "and x, y, z and h were relieved of their positions". Get your head out of your ass.

Well because the military is full of people, and local law enforcement are full of people right? That is my point, can people really not just READ anymore or what. You sound like some of the boot kissers on here that think they do no wrong and that is the point of what I initially said, that since the military is filled with people it is the same as locals and I wouldn't trust that either. You asked for an example, did you not READ once again? If you think that people wouldn't open fire on protesters wanting more change or for food if things go south here you are pretty delusional. What about Hurrican Katrina, and the guard confiscating firearms from law abiding citizens, what about the tool at Ft Hood(yes I know that is a little different) but do you not think there are more like him? What about the guy over in the sandbox that went postal on a village at night, what about all the other ones that we don't know about because people didn't speak up? So go and calm yourself down and drink an unpatriotic samual adams and get over yourself, if you want to put 100% faith in this corrupt govt and the people in it, well that is fine but don't get an attitude with me because I don't and won't ever!

Charles.

So see you have just proved my point and you are getting all pissed about it! You believe and trust what you want and I shall do the same. Just go back and READ the rest of this thread and where I put my two cents in okay!

Charles.

Been searching, but nothing in the local news about this yet.
I guess Bridgett The Midgets helicopter ride is dominating the news out of Salisbury today. [rolleyes]

Oh what the hell?!?! No one told me she was gonna be stripping locally :-(

According to The Salem News newspaper, it was a 32-year old man from Beverly that committed suicide at Bob's.

Beverly man kills self inside Salisbury gun store » Local News » SalemNews.com, Salem, MA

Fowler said in the immediate aftermath of the shooting, the store has changed its rental policy and will no longer allow individuals to rent guns. Those looking to rent guns must be with another person,

We'll be lucky of this is the only change this incident causes.

Me too. I haven't walked in their shoes. They must have had a terrible time to get to that point.

Honestly with untreated mental illness it really doesn't have to be that terrible, but I get your point.

I fully believe in creating my own good luck, some people just view themselves of victims of circumstance.

Chris

This is exactly the kind of crap that leads to range shutdowns and even more restrictive gun laws, especially in nanny states states like this.
If he was determined to punch his own ticket, there were hundreds of other ways to do it, but now many others will suffer the repercussions of his act.
I'll bet Linksy is drafting some new BS legislation right now.

[angry2]
Leads to bankruptcy-causing lawsuits as well. Will bet that the dumb donkey's family will hire a money-grubbing lawyer and go after the business. Donkey was "turning his life around", "had personal problems but was a great guy" and the rest of the whole load of bull excrement. I can see a fudgepacking liberal like Linsky drafting legislation to outlaw the handling of any firearm by any person without a MA FID or LTC. That would effectively prevent parents from taking their kids or any unlicensed adult to the range and effectively prevent safe gun handling from being taught by qualified instructors. If the unlicensed person cannot handle a real firearm during training, than how is he or she going to qualify for a license? Catch-22 back-door approach to more restrictions on our Second Amendment rights!

Honestly with untreated mental illness it really doesn't have to be that terrible, but I get your point.

I fully believe in creating my own good luck, some people just view themselves of victims of circumstance.

Chris
Treatment doesn't help everyone with mental illness, and I know people who have been victimized by mental health professionals to the point that the emotional scars prevent them from getting help.

The mental health profession is, IMO, far less effective and far less ethical than it claims to be.

Treatment doesn't help everyone with mental illness, and I know people who have been victimized by mental health professionals to the point that the emotional scars prevent them from getting help.

The mental health profession is, IMO, far less effective and far less ethical than it claims to be.

Agree completely, I think the problem is we know a lot less about issues with the brain than we want to admit and the white coat gives a sense of authority to make up for the guesswork.

A good (young) friend of my son is "on the spectrum" so to speak and he has been on a buffet of different medicines. Coupled with the fact that the Father can't admit there is a problem and may not always give him the meds, he is a mess. The doctors are obviously for lack of a better term, guessing what may help this small child. Doesn't give you a lot of reassurance in the "system."

What is most insidious about mental illness is folks can be so out of touch with "our reality" that they cannot even admit they have a problem.

Chris

Chris

I thought all indoor ranges had initiated this type of policy to help reduce the chance that this would happen.

I don't think Bobs or AFS has this. MFS might have this but I've never been there so I'm unsure of their policy.

-Mike

Back
Top Bottom