• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Range Suicide @ Bob's Tactical In Salisbury

The range is open to the public. I used to shoot there alot until i joined a club. I had a couple close calls in there with people not knowing how to handle the guns and pointing them at the guy in the next lane....pretty scary. I left once because i thought i was going to get shot accidently by a couple of kids. I can see it happening there. very close quarters and crowded on the weekends

The range is open to the public. I used to shoot there alot until i joined a club. I had a couple close calls in there with people not knowing how to handle the guns and pointing them at the guy in the next lane....pretty scary. I left once because i thought i was going to get shot accidently by a couple of kids. I can see it happening there. very close quarters and crowded on the weekends

Practically identical to the one and only time I shot there too!

there's nothing like some video game addled noobie sweeping a dozen people with a glock. who needs coffee when you can experience that.

I was there... In fact I'm still stuck here. No one hurt but the victim. And there's an annoying reporter trolling around trying to pry and take pictures and ask every upset witness what happened.

I just talked to them as well and sounds like it was one person went in and rented and then shot himself. Its a very sad thing to see happen.
I lost a son to suicide and others on here have gone through that too. Its hard to stop someone from hurting himself once they make their mind up to do that.

Person Shot @ Bob's Tactical In Salisbury

Ya last weekend when I went. First time in years. I got repeatedly muzzle swept by a girl shooting a 2tone P238 while i was putting my ears and eyes on. She loaded her mags at window facing counters not lane. Then still facing me and windows she inserts mag and charges weapon. I was also muzzle swept numerous other times that day. Needless to say its been awhile since ive gone shooting and im waiting for my membership to go through. Bobs was the first place I ever shot, sadly though last weekend will be the last time i ever go thanks to tat'd up Snooki with her muzzle sweeping 238.

I just talked to them as well and sounds like it was one person went in and rented and then shot himself.

This is exactly the kind of crap that leads to range shutdowns and even more restrictive gun laws, especially in nanny states states like this.
If he was determined to punch his own ticket, there were hundreds of other ways to do it, but now many others will suffer the repercussions of his act.
I'll bet Linksy is drafting some new BS legislation right now.

[angry2]

I just talked to them as well and sounds like it was one person went in and rented and then shot himself. Its a very sad thing to see happen.
I lost a son to suicide and others on here have gone through that too. Its hard to stop someone from hurting himself once they make their mind up to do that.

Sucks. Thats why Jim in Manchester has a lone shooter must possess LTC rule to prevent this very same thing. You can shoot at firing line without a LTC but must have someone else with you

I was there last sunday with GREEK around 12 and it was crowded, I go there alot and i really dont like someone able to just walk in and sign/shoot...

So dont go there. Join a private range, even then private ranges although rare have had suicides.

Mike we were just talking about that! place scares me its amateur night in there . But when we went in there looked like they knew common safety practices with the guys in there. I recently became a member of MRA and I guess t could happen anywhere

holy crap! again? oh well. another one bites the dust per se.... it's not going to change anything.

let me add that this will NEVER be prevented, EVER. we could be in Aussie land or the UK. you know, that whole gun control thing..... if they're gonna do it... they will. no need to get worked up about it.

Is this the same place as original bobs?
First time I went there over a year ago they where talking about a suicide there and was joking how they don't have the footage any more.

Manchester the only rent and shoot place ill go to of its busy . After being muzzled swept by a group of young asain kids that didnt speak English I decided I won't go to a rental range unless they have RO.

Even with a RO, he can't stop some one from killing him self . But at least I know ill be less likely shot in the back or muzzled swept cause my .45 is loud and scared them.

Back
Top Bottom