Range Suicide @ Bob's Tactical In Salisbury

Nope. Gangbanger killed a guy, said he took range time at S&W and was already a prohibted person, Attorney General had a field day..

The french guy who shot himself accidently and the one intential shooting they had earlier didn't help matters.

Gangbanger was a felon too. When the ATF poured through the records, other felons shot there as well. This with the other things mentioned made S&W rethink the benefit of running the range.

Person Shot @ Bob's Tactical In Salisbury

You can shoot alone if you're not renting, have an LTC, etc. Basically at MFL you're only gonna get cut off if you are coming in and renting alone without nothing more than a DL- since that class of user is more likely than all the others combined to off themselves on the range.

-Mike

Or if you come in smelling like weed... They'll deny you in a heartbeat for that. And rightly so.

This is exactly the kind of crap that leads to range shutdowns and even more restrictive gun laws, especially in nanny states states like this.
If he was determined to punch his own ticket, there were hundreds of other ways to do it, but now many others will suffer the repercussions of his act.
I'll bet Linksy is drafting some new BS legislation right now.

[angry2]

Isn't this what got the worcester shooting range shut down years ago? Woman goes in, rents gun, blows brains out.

I do (have sympathy).

As you should. A mentally ill individual might spend years or a lifetime contemplating their demise but don't want to burden family with the end result. In the final act, nothing matters any more. The suffering is finally over.

I don't profess to know what went through this guy's mind and jokingly added nothing to the subject at hand. I suspect that he will eventually kill himself anyway, if nothing more than an excuse to escape the pain he will endure from his injuries.

-Proud to be dad every day, a licensed plumber most days, and wish I was a shoemaker on others.

As you should. A mentally ill individual might spend years or a lifetime contemplating their demise but don't want to burden family with the end result. In the final act, nothing matters any more. The suffering is finally over.

I don't profess to know what went through this guy's mind and jokingly added nothing to the subject at hand. I suspect that he will eventually kill himself anyway, if nothing more than an excuse to escape the pain he will endure from his injuries.

-Proud to be dad every day, a licensed plumber most days, and wish I was a shoemaker on others.
My initial response was that I had no sympathy for someone who brings other unrelated people into it. Im sure if your son had been at the range with you and witness someone commit such an act, youd see it differently.

Its absolutely selfish to run into an establishment and subject others to your death.

I remain unmoved, zero sympathy.

man, I miss being able to shoot at the sand pits, the town dump and behind the railroad tracks.

My initial response was that I had no sympathy for someone who brings other unrelated people into it. Im sure if your son had been at the range with you and witness someone commit such an act, youd see it differently.

Its absolutely selfish to run into an establishment and subject others to your death.

I remain unmoved, zero sympathy.

You don't get it. God bless you - I hope you never do.

Oh gotcha, I think I rented a handgun by myself once too but I had my own as well with me. I do have my ccw but was never asked for it. They also get the wannabe thugs from Lawrence to rent there call of duty guns as well, I avoid that place now plan on joining a local club. On top of the range access a lot of the clubs seem to be like Nes with good people to make friends with and network with as well. I took the hunting class at Raymond rod n gun yesterday with a couple friends that are members on Nes as well it was like fudd heaven they even had a sign with gun safety that said loaded guns have no place in a house that all guns should be unloaded and stored separate from ammo and only loaded when firing lol, I guess they don't believe in loaded handguns for carry lol.
so you saw the wannabe thugs license and knew they were from lawrence? I see alot of wannabe thugs in salem NH so.........

Unless this is something else that is going way over my head, no I dont.

If youre referring to knowing someone very well who has committed suicide; youre sadly mistaken. But no one I know did it in front of anyone like that. ODs and hangings. But little Johnny down the street never had to see it. Neither did anyone who wasnt close.

Suicides are never an easy subject. It's a severely trouble soul who adamantly sees no solution to suffering. But to scar others... not fair. Albeit it hurts the family, colleagues, enployees, friends it shouldnt go beyond those groups.

Its the family's that pay the real price here. I had a cousin that killed himself a while back and it devastated the family. He's gone, but the mother and father, brothers and sister still live with it.

Sucks. Thats why Jim in Manchester has a lone shooter must possess LTC rule to prevent this very same thing. You can shoot at firing line without a LTC but must have someone else with you

I thought all indoor ranges had initiated this type of policy to help reduce the chance that this would happen.

Sucks. Thats why Jim in Manchester has a lone shooter must possess LTC rule to prevent this very same thing. You can shoot at firing line without a LTC but must have someone else with you

Just to clarify MFL's policy is :
ONLY if you are alone AND plan to rent our firearms, you will need to present a certificate showing you have completed a course or have a LTC/CCW from a state that requires a course completion prior to certification.. If you bring a friend with you to the range, these restrictions do not apply.

So, you don't need an LTC, but you must have taken the safety course. This helped while I was waiting for my LTC to come in (almost a year)

Really sucks this kind of stuff has to happen, I don't have much to say about those that take their own life other than it is cowards way ( some medical reasons excluded) if your going to do that at least have some thought as to the impact it will have and don't use it as a last statement cause it won't work IMHO, most won't care that you coped out, and those that do are left with a weak tool to do anything but make some noise for the poor person that took their life cause they had a hard time dealing with it.

I can only hope the state won't use this for yet another set of guns laws or rules Etc.

Thank you and have a wonderful night

Tim ~ [grin]

man, I miss being able to shoot at the sand pits, the town dump and behind the railroad tracks.

Me too. Milford, CT, down by the river where the sand and cement factory was. Some A-hole cop was down there and shot over the dunes, over the river and into Stratford. Put a bullet into a car. No one was ever allowed back down there. We used to go crazy with M60's in those pits in the early 1980's. The world has changed.

Everyone is given a great gift with their life. Throwing away your life is throwing the finger in the face of everything good we've been given and every good thing that's been done for you, and saying that you don't even care enough to stick around to try and make anything better for you or anyone else. It's the coward's way out. No sympathy for that. Maybe for the families.

Suicide is a terrible thing but I would much rather a person kills themselves and not decide to take others with them.

Everyone is given a great gift with their life. Throwing away your life is throwing the finger in the face of everything good we've been given and every good thing that's been done for you, and saying that you don't even care enough to stick around to try and make anything better for you or anyone else. It's the coward's way out. No sympathy for that. Maybe for the families.

Back
Top Bottom