Pumpkin Huntin' at the Annual NES Pumpkin Shoot

JGreen

NES Member
Centrally locatated to several GREAT gun clubs
On behalf of your GOAL staff, Thanks for a wonderful day! Eddie Coyle...double kudos to you, your club and the fine range officers that help to keep a watchful eye over all of us today!

Jon Green
GOAL
IMG_6538.jpg

IMG_6548.jpg

IMG_6539.jpg

IMG_6527.jpg

Nice seeing you today Jon! Thanks for the Buckets O Goodies. My son thought it was his own private scavenger hunt! Great Day!

First, thanks to all

EddieCoyle for running, the Shirley Rod and Gun Club for hosting, Jon and Goal for the Bucket O' Goodness and all the volunteers for helping !

I took a boatload of pics but something happened I screwed up and they have vanished into electrons. [thinking]

Anyway, here's the ones which survived. I hope I got all the names right...

Startin' off with our resident Dwarf and his Mom.
I believe that's Pistol Pete & friends at the far end (Judging from the STI pistols I spied.)
D1Momc.jpg

D1Moma.jpg

TikTock in full recoil.
TikTockrecoil.jpg

Fooped with my T/C in 30-30 ( Notice the Sh*t-eatin grin. [smile] )
Foop30-30a.jpg

Rockrivr1 with the Thompson .45.
Rockriver45.jpg

The Boston Patriot
TBPa.jpg

The Goose recoiling from some kinda gollywhomper of a rifle. Nice !
TheGoosea.jpg

Wildweasle offering some advice with the M1919.
WW1919a1.jpg

MIlsurps4Me about to fire Fooped's Deagle with JayG waiting for the fireball.
Ms4Mdeagle.jpg

...and as Groucho says, "We also took some pictures of the local girls, but they weren't deveolped."
thGrouchosmilie.gif

Was it good for you too ? [laugh]

Thanks again to Jim for hosting this crazy group! I had a blast!!!

(And, apparently, found the secret to getting your ugly mug all over the place: Wear a silly hat...) [smile]

A few of mine:

Closest to Furthest: Hanwei, (our little sister Hannah), Underwhere
Shooting S&W 1911PD, S&W 5" 1911, S&W 1911PD

72s9wyr.jpg

My sister getting a boost for the M1919
6opdyiv.jpg

6yvozd5.jpg

6pz12bm.jpg

Slo-Mo punkin explosion via a .500
85fd6qc.jpg

6phhg5v.jpg

816db45.jpg

6usllj4.jpg

Last edited:
Oh, and thanks to:

EddieCoyle, for sharing the .50 S&W Magnum rifle; and
Pipmaster1971, for sharing the waaay-too-much-fun Taurus Judge; and
MrTwigg, for sharing the Contender in .30-30. Me likey; and
MrGrant, for sharing his 10mm Glock and the sweeeeet H&K .45; and
TikTock, for sharing his Dan Wesson .44 Magnum; and
VikingKitten, for not whomping me with a stick for (repeatedly) showering her with .45 ACP brass...

What a day. And all I have left to clean are the shotguns... [grin]

Last edited:
Man what a blast, (pun intended)! It was great shredding pumpkins with all of you! Poor bastards never stood a chance.....[wink] Once again, it's amazing how generous people are with their firearms - especially with ammo as expensive as it is....I left with all magazines empty and that's always a sign of a great day! The food was awesome and the company even more so.

was a great time, everyone i talked to was friendlier than the last.
i got to shoot a few things i never thought about. the 460 still has my hand stinging.
just a note on how friendly, i screwed up and left one of my range bags at home, the one that had the mags for my uzi, i thougt i was screwed, i asked one of the guys w/ an uzi if i could borrow a mag , w/o even thinking he handed me one. sorry, i'm really bad w/ names
to the uzi guy thanks for the loner.
for everyone else that let me try, i greatly appreciated it. i got to add a few more things
to the wish list.
thx to Jim for setting this up

thx to all
garyz

Gary, I think that was Jim's uncle - GREAT guy! You can count on either he or I to ALWAYS have an Uzi on deck. Had I known, I had an ammo can full of Uzi mags - I brought 25 loaded mags (15 32's and 10 25's) - you'd have been welcome, but it sounds like you found the right person anyway. They were much lighter going home... [wink]

Last edited:
As one of the range masters I can say we had zero problems with people on the rifle range safety wise. a real pleasure to shoot with such folks.

My Son Alan and I must have run around 40 folks through the 1919a4, with several newcomers to shooting trying it out. Nothing like a big noisy easy recoiling gun for that.
everyone walked away from the gun with big grins.
No one could believe we didn't mind (we went through over 400 rounds of .308) But we knew folks would want to try the old gal out.

I also let a few other folks try out my Bushmaster M17s. And I think a few are looking for one of their own now.

All in all a great day and My trailer was unloaded of pumpkins by the end of the day (thank goodness!)

A big thanks to my Wife (who didn't get to shoot at all as she was cooking fries and serving the chili we brought with us,) and Alans girl friend Emma who helped dish out the fries and chili to the hungry masses.

i was one of the people that got to shoot wildweasel's m17 and walked away w/ a grin ear to ear. thx for letting me shoot your guns
nice to meet you

thx
garyz

Great shoot as always. Thanks to all who were involved in making it happen. If your not a member yet, see what your missing. [smile]

Sorry for the tardy reply. I can only use my cell phone to see the forum from home now and posting with that is time consuming. [thinking]

I wanted to thank the Shirley R&G, Jim for all of his prep work and wood work, the members who helped Jim, the Shirley members who were RO's, Angi for taking care of the registration work, Sue and Emma for cooking chilli, fries, and making coffee, Glen for the trailer of pumpkins and setting up his 1919.

This was the largest shoot we have had so far on NES. We had 90 people show up. We raised close to 1K for the club and over $600 for GOAL.

Lastly I want to thank the members of NES for making the shoot as fun as it was. I had an awesome time. [wink]

Please let me know if you guys enjoyed the sandwich platters. They seem to be the easiest way to provide food for such a large group.

Sue and Emma for cooking chilli, fries, and making coffee,

Please let me know if you guys enjoyed the sandwich platters. They seem to be the easiest way to provide food for such a large group.

Food was great, the sandwiches were perfect.
I loved every minute of my day.

Here are some photos I took... my mother took some but it looks like I forgot to upload them to photobucket yet. They'll be up tonight. (the ones in this post that have me in them were taken by my mother with my camera, obviously. [wink]

DSC00801.jpg

DSC00802.jpg

DSC00815.jpg

DSC00807.jpg

DSC00810.jpg

My thanks to Fred (flotter390) for letting me play with his toys, and for helping my mother shoot his Uzi! Also to Greg (Fooped) for letting me try his Raging Bull - I have to say that I may have to stop badmouthing Taurus products; the double action on that revolver was amazing. And the gun itself was ungodly accurate, too. Nice piece, Greg! (and thanks for the SureFire buy; love my new E2D!)

Last edited:
Sandwich platters were good. I just have to plan more chili for the next one.[wink][laugh] I had a great time also, I know Alan and Emma had alot of fun and they are both looking forward to the next one.
We have now totally corrupted Emma, she's already making out her wish list. [laugh] We already told Alan to just get 2 of everything.

Back
Top Bottom