• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Provably pre-ban pistol magazines? (Yes, I know...)

The problem is that a pre-ban standard cap magazine is, by definition, not a large capacity feeding device. The text of the law includes an opaque reference to the ban date:

But the model instructions completely skip that possibility.

Presumably any half decent defense lawyer could point out that the items the defendant was "caught" with are, *NOT* ''Large capacity feeding device'' as defined by MGL C. 140 § 121.

This would be part of the cross examination of anyone saying they were. It's a matter of evidence, not interpretation or jury instructions. Closing argument would be: "What my client possessed doesn't meet the definition in law, there's no crime here."

Presumably any half decent defense lawyer could point out that the items the defendant was "caught" with are, *NOT* ''Large capacity feeding device'' as defined by MGL C. 140 § 121.

This would be part of the cross examination of anyone saying they were. It's a matter of evidence, not interpretation or jury instructions. Closing argument would be: "What my client possessed doesn't meet the definition in law, there's no crime here."

Well just defining whether or not sometihng is an LCAFD is somewhat easier than the preban bullshit.

"Does it hold more than 10 rounds of ammunition?" etc.

Of course this starts to get fun when we work in the gray.

For example you take a 30 round AR mag. A brand new one. If I whisper the words "50 beowulf" next to it, suddenly does that mean its only a 10 round
magazine? Or if I stuff it with 10 dummy rounds... and its "full" ? is it now a 30rd AR mag? [rofl]

Why are you letting your spouse care about this?

If you, the LTC holder, don’t understand this topic fully, then why would your spouse be any better suited to understand it?

Not being snarky. I’m just wondering how the heck this comes up in spousal communication, unless both of you have LTCs and one of you is more risk-averse than the other?

Another thread that should be merged w/ the MGTOW megathread

Following up on this, I've found enough dated Sig marketing materials to feel comfortable that the standard description of a P226 pre-ban mag:

• Marked Sig Sauer
  • 15 or 20 rounds
  • Dovetail spot welded back
  • Witness holes on back
  • Indented sides to limit capacity
  • No LEO markings
Is in fact accurate and the materials available can prove it beyond a reasonable doubt.

Are you really in the process of disclosing the born on date of your magazines to your wife? You guys tell your wives about fn everything 🤣

Back
Top Bottom