Proof of Address at Bass Pro

BP/Cabela's are terrible places to buy guns, period!

Assuming that you did your legal notifications when you moved, go to the FRB website and choose Verification. Print out the verification document and present that to the idiots at BP.

Since you stated that you move a lot, it doesn't seem that you'd have a deed or RE tax bill to present and rent receipts won't convince anyone.

An FFL holder can dhine in here but I'm pretty certain the tax bill would be acceptable. When I reapplied for my LTC I brought a copy of several bills property tax,mortagae,water bill to show that was my current address.

That's correct, but we're talking about Bass Pro bullshit here. This isn't like a transaction at a normal FFL. Who knows what sort of bullshit they'll require.

BP/Cabela's are terrible places to buy guns, period!

Assuming that you did your legal notifications when you moved, go to the FRB website and choose Verification. Print out the verification document and present that to the idiots at BP.

Since you stated that you move a lot, it doesn't seem that you'd have a deed or RE tax bill to present and rent receipts won't convince anyone.
They wouldn't accept anything that I printed. So receipts for online payments for taxes was a no go. Also wouldn't let me print anything from the RMV website. I'll keep the FRB verification in mind for other places but I know BP won't accept it.

Isn't there a way to go into the E FA10 portal and print proof of address?

Fun story at Bass Pro in MA.

When I was brand new to guns and still wasnt a citizen (I had the old resident alien FID pos paper), I didnt know amy better and bought a rifle at Bass Pro.

Because if th FID the idiots wanted to see some paystubs, I guess as proof of residence, so I had 3 or 4, whatever they asked.

3 days later they called that they f*cked up and actually needed like 6 months of pay stubs. I laughed and told them "not my problem". The guy sounded very nervous and was not amused.

F*cking idiots. First and last time I ever bought a gun there.

I bought all my other rifles from a LGS that did not require all the BS Bass pro asked for.

1/2 my guns came from BPS/Cabelas.. never had a problem. But my transactions were never "abnormal".. ie, delayed, paperwork issues, etc. all processed smoothly and without issues..

however, I will attest that some of the guys would get an earful if I were managing the counter. basic safety rule "violations".. I think like anywhere.. you get some knowledgeable and some not so much.. but you do have to deal with the big corporate legal bullshit that maybe an LGS doesn't deal with.

They wouldn't accept anything that I printed. So receipts for online payments for taxes was a no go. Also wouldn't let me print anything from the RMV website. I'll keep the FRB verification in mind for other places but I know BP won't accept it.

Will they take a fishing license or a hunting license?

Will they take a fishing license or a hunting license?

Total tangent here - based on "fishing license"...

Number of years ago, friends of mine, Glenn and Gino worked for CL&P, (the local power company). Total stereotypes of linesmen, big beefy guys. They went down to NJ to work an outage. Saw Glenn at Ray's (Stratford bar), but Gino wasn't there so I asked.

Glenn looks at me and says "you'll have to ask him when you see him".
Okay.

Gino shows up a month or so later, and I ask him over a beer where he'd been.
He tells me "well, we were working the outage, and I was drinking with this girl. She was too drunk, so I gave her a ride home in her car. Got pulled over and gave the cop my license. He looked at me and said 'Son - this is a fishing license - and it's expired'. I told him it was the only license I had. Judge gave me 30 days."

I can't hear the words "fishing license" without remembering this.

Typical big box idiocy!

paul73 is right, get your money back, tell them to F' off and I'm sure that the guys at the Mill in Littleton would be more than happy to order it for you without the hassle.

i am still confused - it is just a mossberg, if they refuse to move along with the sale - get your money back and let them know they can f#ck themselves. what is the issue?
Dude the issue was resolved one page 1.

I want to like that place, but every time I start to like them again someone tells me something retarded they are doing.

What is happening over there?

If you fake the new address it will fail when you do the 4473, so the store knows if you are full of sh*t or serious. It is not hard at all.
Unless the 4473 doesn't fail for that.

We literally have to go through a f*cking background check for this sh*t.
You may want to double check what the 4473 verifies. 😀
Hint: part-time residents of multiple states can write multiple addresses on multiple 4473s in the same year while holding the same drivers license and pass every check.

You may want to double check what the 4473 verifies. 😀
Hint: part-time residents of multiple states can write multiple addresses on multiple 4473s in the same year while holding the same drivers license and pass every check.
Ok, interesting. Then what is the point of writing an address on the 4473?

I never worked on the other side of the counter so I have no idea what goes on. Educate me.

It appears to be a far greater hassle proceeding with BP.
Proceeding with BP involves showing up with paperwork I have and take gun home. If they stick to what they said then I'm in the clear.

Lesson learned for the future but going elsewhere isn't going to get my time back from yesterday. If someone else has it in stock then I'll do it but coordinating two parties and paying extra for the privilege isn't my idea of less hassle.

Ok, interesting. Then what is the point of writing an address on the 4473?

I never worked on the other side of the counter so I have no idea what goes on. Educate me.
From the FBI:
When an FFL initiates a NICS transaction, a name check is conducted to search three national databases for possible matches. These databases are the National Crime Information Center (NCIC), which contains information on wanted persons, protection orders, and other persons identified as relevant to the NICS searches; the Interstate Identification Index (III), which accesses criminal history records; and the NICS Indices, formerly known as the NICS Index, which contains information on prohibited persons as defined in the Gun Control Act of 1968, as amended. The NICS Indices includes individuals who have been determined to be federally or state prohibited from possessing or receiving a firearm when disqualifying information may not be available through the NCIC or III databases.Over 70 percent of NICS transactions handled by the FBI result in no descriptive matches or hits to the potential transferee against information contained in the three national databases. In these instances, the FFL is advised to proceed with the transfer.

So the search is looking for a match on one of those 3 databases. Someone who is a law abiding citizen will be in zero of the three databases. That’s what NICS reports back, if there is an immediate “proceed” then J. Citizen born 12/31/1969 is not listed in any of those databases.

If you’ve ever listened to your FFL call NICS on the telephone they do not read off your address, only the answers for name, DOB, race/ethnicity, citizenship, state of residence, and social security number if provided.

The address is presumably to assist with a trace of a crime gun or for other totally-not-gun-registration purposes. Similarly, the driver’s license number gets written down by the FFL, as proof that they checked an ID and are following the laws. It’s not used in the background check.

Naturally, MA adds more complications but they are separate from the call to NICS.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom