Pot smoking gun owners rejoice! Soon to be legal on federal level

Here’s the thing about refer.

We all know that coming to work drunk at 0700 is a sure fire way to be fired. It’s common to know that to anyone with a working brain cell.
How is it now somewhat socially acceptable to smoke a joint before work or at coffee breaks?
Just because it’s legal doesn’t make it right. Alcohol is legal too.

FTR, I was a party animal at work until I became a truck driver then for the next 32 years of my following career I never cracked a beer before 4:00pm.
At 4:01 the lamp was lit unless I had to keep working.
Now retired and unless hard water fishing drinking before noon is not done unless we have a Bloody Mary on Sunday Funday.
There’s a pretty big difference between “legal” and “right”. I don’t need the government to tell me the latter.

If I was this guy, I'd be pissed. (Not to mention Hunter Biden.)

"Teagan, 23, did not face terrorism charges. But he pleaded guilty to concealing his chronic use of marijuana when applying for a gun purchase and possessing a firearm and ammunition while being a drug user. Both are federal crimes."

Michigan Man Linked to Extremist Group Gets Year in Prison for Gun Crimes

I love when alcoholic boomers complain about pot.

Boomers aren't alcoholics as much as you'd think. PRE-boomers - yeah. The guys that got pissed in the late 70's / early 80's when the 3 martini lunch was "outlawed" in DC. 3 martini's???? Damn. I'd be comatose. Very few boomers were moving OR shaking in 1980.

But do you love it as much as when they don't tip you at Dunkin? [rofl]

This is one of those topics that makes all the NES'ers who lack nuance out themselves. Every time.

Somehow legalizing pot equals being high at work being ok. Guys, stop acting high and use ya brains [rofl]

Again - look at how many times a day you drive down the street and smell weed. From another car. Or see some guy out at lunchtime or break time. Or, teh aforementioned fishing derby clouded in weed smoke.

Is it going to cause mass mayhem? I dunno. But did we go from "yeah, these things here are just not OK" to "you got a Bic, bud?" Shocking how fast it changed. Never had it so I don't know. Nor could I. Inhaling burned ass just can't get it for me. My daughter got some gummies to help with migraines - they did not - and I was turned off by the smell of the freaking gummies. She said she barely chewed them and the flavor was in her mouth for a while. Bleeeech!

So maybe the intoxication is minimal. I dunno. No one talks about it. Stoners either tell you that they were "TOOOOOTALLY BAKED" or "this did nothing." There is never an in-between. ????

Again - look at how many times a day you drive down the street and smell weed. From another car. Or see some guy out at lunchtime or break time. Or, teh aforementioned fishing derby clouded in weed smoke.

Is it going to cause mass mayhem? I dunno. But did we go from "yeah, these things here are just not OK" to "you got a Bic, bud?" Shocking how fast it changed. Never had it so I don't know. Nor could I. Inhaling burned ass just can't get it for me. My daughter got some gummies to help with migraines - they did not - and I was turned off by the smell of the freaking gummies. She said she barely chewed them and the flavor was in her mouth for a while. Bleeeech!

So maybe the intoxication is minimal. I dunno. No one talks about it. Stoners either tell you that they were "TOOOOOTALLY BAKED" or "this did nothing." There is never an in-between. ????

A. People did that long before it was "legal". It's still illegal to do it while driving (or under the influence).

B. How many people are driving intoxicated on alcohol on a daily basis? You can't smell that as they're driving by, and I bet the number of those people far outweigh the smokers.

Ban alcohol! 🙄

8 years as a firefighter. Never went to a single call that was the result of pot.

A. People did that long before it was "legal". It's still illegal to do it while driving (or under the influence).

B. How many people are driving intoxicated on alcohol on a daily basis? You can't smell that as they're driving by, and I bet the number of those people far outweigh the smokers.

Ban alcohol! 🙄
I'd have to disagree with you on "B". Not many drunk drivers at 6am, but there are TONS of people on the highway who light one up on the way to work. And then again on the way home.

Kid up here almost killed 4 State Troopers this past Sunday. He was stoned.

8 years as a firefighter. Never went to a single call that was the result of pot.
I did, went to a working house fire in a large cluster of pines as we working our war around looking for fire or bodies. My buddy then tapped me on the Scott-Air pack and pointed to a large black trash bag stuffed in a closet full of kilo's of weed. We found another 200 'keys' in the basement. Town cops went nuts and seized it all but it got thrown out of court cuz, no warrant. Fruit of the poisoned vine/weed/tree

The workforce is being decimated by it.
Thankfully it will likely not mean a significant increase in that ass-smell emanating from so many places these days.

Imagine if some a-hole was beside the road drinking from a paper bag. Ostracized. Yet these toolbags are all over getting high. My wife was taking pix at the fishing derby at Long Pond last week. Said the clouds were extra thick. Imagine if those boat owners were drinking that much.

Hoping for some severe snapback. Can't stand the smell. Smells like. . . . loser-ville.
Drinking that much? The effects of marijuana tend not to be the cumulative ones that we experience with excessive drinking. I have never encountered a black out high person or been violently assaulted by someone who had imbibed “too much” marijuana, particularly while white perch fishing on Long Pond.

I did, went to a working house fire in a large cluster of pines as we working our war around looking for fire or bodies. My buddy then tapped me on the Scott-Air pack and pointed to a large black trash bag stuffed in a closet full of kilo's of weed. We found another 200 'keys' in the basement. Town cops went nuts and seized it all but it got thrown out of court cuz, no warrant. Fruit of the poisoned vine/weed/tree
Here we go with that pesky nuance menace [rofl]

"But on the presidential campaign trail, Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis doubled down this week on his opposition to marijuana decriminalization and legalization, despite voters in his state legalizing medical use of the drug last year. "

:mad:
It's actually been since 2017 (from the 2016 election) that medical pot has been legal in Florida.

There was a push to generally legalize by ballot initiative in the last general election, but the Florida Supreme Court rejected the proposal as being too confusing. The rule is initiatives are required to be very specific and only deal with a single topic and they rejected it as it legalized it and set up regulations for sales and posession much like liquor, but it didn't mention that it was still illegal under federal law, therefor confusing.

The pot companies (Truelieve is the big financial backer) have come up with another ballot proposal for next year that clarifies the potential federal law conflicts, the usual anti weed suspects are trying to get the proposal rejected once again, but I'm not sure what the reasoning is this time.

It's actually been since 2017 (from the 2016 election) that medical pot has been legal in Florida.

There was a push to generally legalize by ballot initiative in the last general election, but the Florida Supreme Court rejected the proposal as being too confusing. The rule is initiatives are required to be very specific and only deal with a single topic and they rejected it as it legalized it and set up regulations for sales and posession much like liquor, but it didn't mention that it was still illegal under federal law, therefor confusing.

The pot companies (Truelieve is the big financial backer) have come up with another ballot proposal for next year that clarifies the potential federal law conflicts, the usual anti weed suspects are trying to get the proposal rejected once again, but I'm not sure what the reasoning is this time.
FL needs employment protections like MA has.

Getting shit canned for a prescription is sadism.

Back
Top Bottom