Possible EOTech problems

Odds are the problem won't affect you unless you go out in very cold/super hot temps. I'm considering getting another one of their sights since they paid me back more than I paid for mine. I returned a 512 and am considering and XPS2

I just really have a problem with the president of that company knowing there was an issue and not informing the military about it when they were and are in those conditions.

I just really have a problem with the president of that company knowing there was an issue and not informing the military about it when they were and are in those conditions.

Same here! I really liked the optic, but I don't like dealing with liars and thieves and more especially when they are putting our troops at risk, not to mention LEOs shooting and perhaps hitting an innocent since the sights were that far off.

Got to agree - loved the sight, but not ever going back. I ran one on my primary AR from 2008 until last year when I returned it. I really like the reticle. When the word on the settlement came out, I didn't believe it was as bad as everyone said and hadn't heard of reticle delamination. Checked my sight - yep, starting to delaminate on the right side of the reticle. What decided for me was my notes on my rifle - every time I checked the zero on it from 2008 to 2015, I had to adjust the zero. Ran M855 the whole time. Between riding around in a truck or out on the range any time of year in Western MA, it was exposed to what I'd consider a normal operating temperature range, and demonstrated an inability to maintain zero. The other Eotech I returned had worse delamination, and also had records showing rezeroing every time it was checked.

Sorry, Eotech, we're done. Liked the sight, but the current (and former, as it turns out) temperature specifications are not going to cut it. My rifle's wearing an SFWA 1-6, and the other one is getting an Aimpoint PRO as soon as I can get the refund processed.

Sent mine in late January (after getting RMA emailed to me), received no correspondence when it was shipped/received, and check just arrived in mail yesterday.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

March 15th I got the ok to send
march 16th it was sent
april 1 they said they got it
april 18th got the check

That's about the same schedule I was on. Got my check yesterday. Sadly, after all my research I still can't find a sight I like better than the Eotech.

Got the OK to send in Feb 16.
Confirmation of receipt March 17.
Check arrived April 16.

For now, the rifle has a Primary-arms Micro Dot (thank you group buy).

4/11 mailed, 4/25 received email saying received and check to be cut in 3-4 weeks. So far so good.

Do you think anyone is buying EOTECH sights anymore???

I never got around to it either. Never had any issues with mine so there was no urgency.

Never had issue with mine and I liked it but I ended up making money on it so it was worth it to me. Got a Vortex and am just as happy with it and have some coin in my pocket.

I liked mine too, but they knew about it and didn't say anything. Sending troops out with screwed up gear is too messed up for me to forgive. I'm done with that company. I'll replace it with an Aimpoint PRO

Im ok with my eotech, i just dont like being lied to on a $1000 purchase...
i noticed issues and assumed it was my abilities or my rifle or my ammo.
after reading about it, it all made sense.
Basically my eotech is fine if under 50 yards...which isn't what i bought it for.

I was going from 105-110f to sub zero and the effect on zero is rediculus which i; once agian, could live with....but when it warms back up to the temp it was zeroed at it doesnt come back even close to where it should be.

Final update on EOTech class action and settlement: Deadline is 5/23/2017

Deadline for EOTech refund is May 23rd.
U.S. residents who currently own certain EOTech holographic weapons sights models that were manufactured between Jan. 1, 2005 and Nov. 1, 2016 and which were purchased on or before Feb. 15, 2017. You are also a Class Member if you previously received a refund from EOTech for one of these HWS models.
Really, people were still buying these as late as this February?

If you received a refund from EOTech, you will automatically be sent a $22.50 voucher that can be used toward the purchase of a new EOTech product. If your information has changed since you received the refund, you should submit a Claim Form that includes your current information.

Class Members who have not previously received a refund and want to keep their EOTech Holographic Weapon Sight, can receive between $25 or $50 in cash or a $100 voucher for a new EOTech product.
Even if you don't want the refund, you are entitled to cash or a voucher..

If you did take a refund, you will also receive a voucher for $22.50. Worst case, they sell T-shirts for $22.95. Coincidence?

The EOTech holographic weapons sights models covered by this class action settlement include EOTech HWS Models 400, 502, 511, 512, 512 CAMO, 512.XBOW, 512.LBC1, 516, 517, 518, 551, 552, 552.XR, 552.LBC1, 552.LBC2, 553, 555, 555.USMC, 556, 557, 557.4XFTS, 557.4XFXD, 557.3X.FTS, 557.G23.FTS, 558, EXPS2, EXPS3, HHS I, HHS II, MPO II, MPO III, XPS2, XPS2-RF, XPS2-Z, XPS2-Z2, XPS2-300, and XPS3

Last edited:
Like I'm going to purchase another EOTech? Waste of time issuing those $22.50 vouchers as most of us won't ever touch their products again.

Like I'm going to purchase another EOTech? Waste of time issuing those $22.50 vouchers as most of us won't ever touch their products again.

Agreed. I'm going to put mine up for Karma. Maybe someone can put it to good use. Or would that be bad karma? [thinking]

I bought mine before January 1 2005 so it is not part of this class action suit. Fortunately, I have never had any issues with it.

I've got a 511 and XPS2 I could send in for a refund but I'm holding on to them especially with my slight astigmatism.

If you send them back in you will get full refunds you could use to buy new ones. My XPS reticle had significantly faded / delaminated within a few years of buying it. It wasn't apparent until I had it out with another gun - even turned all the way up it washed out in bright sunlight.

If you send them back in you will get full refunds you could use to buy new ones. My XPS reticle had significantly faded / delaminated within a few years of buying it. It wasn't apparent until I had it out with another gun - even turned all the way up it washed out in bright sunlight.

Has EOTech fixed the issues?

No. But if you return them and get new ones at least you'll get a few more years of service.

TBH, if I end up selling them, as much as I love EOtechs, having some extra cash around is something I love more lol. I will probably end up buying 1 to 2 Primary Arms optics with the refund and have a few hundo left over.

Do you think anyone is buying EOTECH sights anymore???

Well, in answer to my own question, yes. I just bought one for my 9mm AR because I couldn't find anything I liked better. I figure I really only shoot it indoors at 25 yards so I'm not worried about it's performance. Since I turned in 2 EOTechs I went with a Vortex to replace the other one. I don't like it as much as the EOTech, but I'm sure it will work ok.

I'll probably send my oldest XPS2 in for a refund, but if the reviews on newly produced units are good, I am tempted to use my vouchers on a new EXPS3.

For you guys who have sent in multiple optics; did you combine in same package or separate them out?
Good question -- on a related note, did you ship in the original packaging, or just bubble-wrap and boxed?

Back
Top Bottom