Poll - How confident are you the MA AG's directives will be overturned?

How confident are you the MA AG's directives will be overturned?

• We're screwed

Votes: 237 37.0%
  • Chances are slim, could go either way

Votes: 219 34.2%
  • It will probably be overturned

Votes: 143 22.3%
  • I'm not worried at all, this won't stand

Votes: 42 6.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
The outrage on this board and other pro-2A forums is heartening, but don't make the mistake of thinking that it means anything. The vast majority of MA voters could not give less of a shit about us. The MA legislature won't do a thing except maybe bitch and moan a bit about having been leap-frogged, the courts are stacked against us, and even if Trump wins the federal system won't support us.

I'll fight this to the end but the grim reality is that we're facing pretty long odds.

I really think you guys that believe you will change anything in that crooked state are living a pipe dream. GTFO and quit wasting your time. That ground has long been lost. [banghead][banghead][banghead]Sorry but it is what it is.

I am in the "we're screwed" group. No northeast court, federal or state, is going to overturn this. The SC would probably not even hear it. So why even launch a lawsuit? The first rule of warfare is to only fight a battle you have a chance of winning.

If the NRA and NSSF with individual manufacturers start a suit, we have a chance. Otherwise, do what others have suggested and get out of here for the red states. This is only the beginning.

Now that the Ag and all the gun grabbers know there is semi-auto rifles and shotguns as well as semi-auto hand guns out there, with "similar" features. They will push this as far as they can.
Wasn't it a Massachusetts Gun Dealer that pointed all this out to the AG and the media about a month or so ago???

She has the power to amend her definition as needed, and the Governor will back her!
Just a matter of time..I voted We Are Screwed..Because that is the ultimate results.
Too old to move and too broke to fight with funds!!!

The reality is that we are screwed. The loaded chamber indicator, ten ton trigger, and th EOPS list all came into being in the same manner.

That doesn't mean that we don't fight. The only real way to stop this is to reverse the AWB.

Bob

I am actually hoping for total firearm confiscation. That will be the final nail in the coffin of this Constitutional Republic and will energize hundreds of thousands to overt action to take this country back. The slowly boiled frog doesn't realize until it's too late that he's cooked. The frog that had the heat turned up all at once is burned and either jumps or dies. It's far past time to jump...

Along these lines - why isn't there an option in the poll: Will the MA AG's directives be overturned by force???

Last edited:
The 26 guys/gals who aren't worried, I want what you're smoking, it must be good. [wink]

Parts may get overturned, eventually, but I think it very unlikely it all will get reversed either legally or legislatively.

The only real way this could ever get fixed is if everything inside of 128 became it's own state or falls into the ocean.

If Trump wins it will fall.

Simply because Donald will appoint Supreme Court Justices who will look to the Law.

Yesterday I thought we were screwed, but have to say that after being at that rally I am extremely optimistic.
I'll let you know when that wears off.

Because 2000 (maybe) out of 6,700,000 residents showed up to bitch about something?

Because 2000 (maybe) out of 6,700,000 residents showed up to bitch about something?

It was great to hear some of these state reps (one was even a democrat) that are against it, GOAL did a great job imo and yes the residents that showed up to bitch.
I did feel pretty good leaving there after 3 straight days of depression and anger.
Are you trying to make it wear off already?

We are screwed. In the best case the courts take 3-5 years and in that time irrepairable damage is done.

But given the current court makeup (Fed and State) and the likelihood of who will occupy the White House next year, I don't give us any chance at all of reversing this for going forward.

We are screwed. In the best case the courts take 3-5 years and in that time irrepairable damage is done. But given the current court makeup (Fed and State) and the likelihood of who will occupy the White House next year, I don't give us any chance at all of reversing this for going forward.

Once again Len, who has fought more gun rights battles in Mass than he can even accurately remember (many before many of you were even born) and who is in the minority who understands the realpolitik that is Massachusetts has nailed it.

I think that her actions of leapfrogging the legislature is probably our best hope . I'm pretty sure
they are all ego maniacs , the fact that she bypassed all of them probably pisses them off the most .
Perhaps they will take action on that fact alone .

IMO If this is not resolved by Nov 1, I hope no one votes for any congress person that did not standup against the AGs declaration And I will write in Spongebob Squarepants before I will vote for any Dem. or Rep. that stands with the AG. BTW I am willing to campaign for any like thinking person running in the fall election. PM me.

Yup, my reps are on the chopping block. I will not vote for them again, and I'm going to do my best to make sure other residents don't either.

Your name is not on that letter, you are not getting my vote.

IMO If this is not resolved by Nov 1, I hope no one votes for any congress person that did not standup against the AGs declaration And I will write in Spongebob Squarepants before I will vote for any Dem. or Rep. that stands with the AG. BTW I am willing to campaign for any like thinking person running in the fall election. PM me.

Yup, my reps are on the chopping block. I will not vote for them again, and I'm going to do my best to make sure other residents don't either.

Your name is not on that letter, you are not getting my vote.

Sadly it won't matter. I know I read this but unsure if it was here, from GOAL or a snews story online, but it was reported that almost all the state reps/sens are running unopposed this election cycle. The opposing party isn't even putting up a candidate for most positions, so as long as the incumbent votes for himself, he/she has a lock on continued employment.

It's a sad state of affairs but that's what makes MA a lost cause.

Back
Top Bottom