Pocket Carry - Which gun?

I've pocket carried my LC9 in cargo shorts, but to me it is too big of a gun for a pocket. I just carry it IWB with a t-shirt over it.

Today the stars finally aligned (my fresh NH drivers license, combined with the Palmetto daily deal) and I just ordered a Ruger LCP for $199. I have wanted to get one for a while but was not going to pay MA prices for one. I look forward to buying too many holsters until I find the perfect one.

Bodyguard is perfect

I pocket a Sig238, but if you're having trouble with the 938 then a 238 isn't going to be too different. I have a BG380 that is a COMPLETE piece of shit and I would very much discourage anyone from buying one. It is completely unreliable and I'd never trust my life to a BG380. I also have a LCR in 38spl that I like, but I've never pocketed it. LCR feels too think for a pocket. Good luck!

Maybe your Bodyguard is a lemon?.....
but mine has been flawless 800+ rounds and counting! and others on this site have said the same thing

I recommend a j frame airweight...one of the best pocket guns available IMO

There are a lot of people who agree with you. Personally, though, I've got a S&W 642 and it sits in my safe. I find that my Kahr PM9 conceals better, has higher capacity, is faster to reload, and is easier to shoot accurately. YMMV.

NAA mini 1 5/8th barrel .22mag with 5 rounds Federal 40 gr gold dots. 5 extra rounds in NAA pocket holster. Also have a kydex holster on a neck chain and working up an elastic sheath for inside my fedora.

I call it my noisy cricket.

I have to see the Fedora holster! You thought reholstering appendix carry was dangerous...

Today the stars finally aligned (my fresh NH drivers license, combined with the Palmetto daily deal) and I just ordered a Ruger LCP for $199. I have wanted to get one for a while but was not going to pay MA prices for one. I look forward to buying too many holsters until I find the perfect one.

I use a desantis nemesis for pocket carry and a crossbreed super tuck for IWB. Both are very comfortable and effective

not sure if you like Kahr, but i have the pm9 and pocket carry that and also the P380. if wanted something tiny I'd also recommend the seecamp. nice little gun.

I just picked up a new Kahr PM9 for pocket carry. I'm surprised so many of you also pocket carry one - what are you using for holsters?

DeSantis Nemesis. I tried the DeSantis Super Fly but found the extra flap just added too much bulk. With this setup if you are looking you can for sure see I have something in my pocket, but I doubt very much that anyone would assume it is a firearm.

DeSantis Nemesis. I tried the DeSantis Super Fly but found the extra flap just added too much bulk. With this setup if you are looking you can for sure see I have something in my pocket, but I doubt very much that anyone would assume it is a firearm.

+1 for the nemesis. I don't like pocket carrying the pm9 but it is doable.

I just picked up a new Kahr PM9 for pocket carry. I'm surprised so many of you also pocket carry one - what are you using for holsters?

Mika pocket holster. No way that anyone would assume it is a gun and it can be reholstered single-handed, which most pocket holsters can not!

Been carrying a Sig P238 for last week and while it's obviously noticeable, the size/weight doesn't bother me at all.

12e6d1d829dab9defc2c42f93000f7f1.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

There are a lot of people who agree with you. Personally, though, I've got a S&W 642 and it sits in my safe. I find that my Kahr PM9 conceals better, has higher capacity, is faster to reload, and is easier to shoot accurately. YMMV.

I picked up a J-frame (M360J) and find it too bulky for comfortable pocket carry in a desantis nemesis. Doable, but causes huge bulge in the pants I wear. Conceals nicely AIWB though in even in snug lightweight shorts.

The PM9 was on my very short list but I couldn't pass up the low price and high reliability of the J-Frame...just wish it fit better in my pocket.

I've been carrying a Sig 938 in a uncle mikes pocket holster for the last few months at work with no issues. Very comfortable, looks like there is something in the pocket but you can't tell what it is.

I just sold my cw380 because it was supposed to be more for my wife than a pocket gun for me and she didn't care for the hard to rack slide. Since my buddy wanted one really badly and was willing to pay me almost what I paid for mine (only had about 150 rds through it) I sold it to him. I wasn't in a place to buy my wife something else without selling the cw380 unfortunately.

I got my wife a Charter Arms 5 shot snubbie in .38 special circa 1970. She likes the revolver better, no slide or mags to worry about and at only $195 I couldn't resist. I have taken it out a couple of times in my front pocket and actually I was surprised at how little I noticed it. I was wearing cargo shorts though, I will have to see how it does in jeans in the fall. Dockers should be fine, dress pants I don't know. I may just get a proper pocket holster for it and a couple of speed strips and/or a 5 star speed loader.

Someday I may buy another cw380 for myself because that little gun shoots great and is IMHO the perfect pocket gun with the right ammo of course.

Last edited:
I picked up a J-frame (M360J) and find it too bulky for comfortable pocket carry in a desantis nemesis. Doable, but causes huge bulge in the pants I wear. Conceals nicely AIWB though in even in snug lightweight shorts.

The PM9 was on my very short list but I couldn't pass up the low price and high reliability of the J-Frame...just wish it fit better in my pocket.

I have a 642. It sits in my safe. I doubt I have carried it once int the past 10 years. I find that the PM9 is easier to carry, easier to shoot accurately, faster to reload, etc. it is just better for me in every way.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Oh well, I carry a Glock 21. My current day wear are shorts with a very deep watch pocket. My spare magazine is about an inch below the top. With a tall T-shirt no one can tell I'm carrying. About 2" of the grip protrudes. In winter I carry in my coat pocket with the spare magazine in the other.

Back
Top Bottom