• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Pocket Carry - Which gun?

PistolShooter

NES Member
First, I don't want to make this a caliber debate. I am interested in hearing from people that do pocket carry either most of the time or on occasion. I want to understand what guns people like that are actually easy to disappear in a pocket holster vs IWB. I have a Sig P938 that does disappear IWB but being that the summer is here there are times I think of adding a pocket gun to the collection. I am considering a P238, BG380 or even DAO 38spl such as a 442. I know the newer BG380s without the laser are supposed to be much better so I am intrigued but not sold on it. I have fired everything above and understand the differences, looking to get some real world feedback from those that do pocket carry the guns above or those like it.

If pocket carry is the primary criteria, the Glock 43 in a pocket holster works extremely well. A little easier to find in Mass is the 9mm Shield or the Walther PPS. If you really want it to disappear, look into the single stack options. I have a thread comparing single stack nines in case you are interested.

Have a G43 and a G26 and pocket one or the other (depending on what I'm wearing etc)... Had a 442 but sold it and invested in a G43... which I absolutely love.... Wife's LC9s is also a very, very nice pocket carry...smoother /narrower /whatever than the G43, and one more round capacity also, but I just prefer the G43... (becuz Glock)

I have the G42, need to upgrade with the G43.

I think it prints a little, but I think some during a similar thread said something along the lines of "People are not looking at your crotch area nearly as much as you think they do."

Specifically looking for pocket gun that disappears easily. I find even my G43 prints too much in a good pocket holster. At that point it is easier to just carry something larger IWB.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
See my other post about LC9s, or carry G43 like I do... And maybe switch to looser pocketed pants?.. I had same printing issue but I now wear cargo pants or shorts, and the G43 is basically invisible/un-noticeable... I also know from asking the question here long ago that we gun owners think we're printing more than we are, simply cuz we're aware we're carrying, whereas most people are completely oblivious... and or walking with their heads down, eyes buried in their smartphones. The last thing anyone is thinking in MA is "gun"... (cuz after all,"only cops should be carrying them" etc )

Just sayin'

I pocket a Sig238, but if you're having trouble with the 938 then a 238 isn't going to be too different. I have a BG380 that is a COMPLETE piece of shit and I would very much discourage anyone from buying one. It is completely unreliable and I'd never trust my life to a BG380. I also have a LCR in 38spl that I like, but I've never pocketed it. LCR feels too think for a pocket. Good luck!

I pocket the p238 with a sticky holster. awesome unit all around I have the bg380 not that thrilled with it they tell me the trigger can be worked but I have not looked into it yet. the sig is all that and more.

seecamp_home_slide1.jpg

http://seecamp.com/

The little Ruger LCP is ideal for pocket carry. Anything materially bigger I would prefer to carry IWB. No way I could pocket carry some of the guns listed above. I guess it depends on the size of your pockets...

I recently picked up a Beretta Pico. So far, the easiest gun to carry I have ever owned. Was surprised at how easy it was to shoot. Good sights, decent trigger and the slimmest repeater you can buy. I picked mine up for only 279. Check it out.

Sent from my XT1096 using Tapatalk

I've committed to carrying the G26 this summer and it's mostly been pocket carry in LA Police Gear Operator Shorts, which seem to have roomier pockets than my Old Navy shorts. I use a Desantis Nemesis right now, but am expecting a kydex pocket holster in a couple of days. I expect this to shave a bit on the bulkiness of the Nemesis.

If you are looking for it to disappear and caliber/capacity are not your primary concern over comfort and concealability, just go with the Bodyguard. As northframingham pointed out it's $299 at FS. Can't beat that price. I may end up picking one up myself for jogging and gym carry. It's an up close and personal gun, not a sniper rifle, so don't be dissuaded by the heavy trigger.

I have the 238 and love it. I prefer shooting it over my P229. I have no problem with IWB carry even with a tighter t-shirt. Shooting it is a pleasure. It's so light it's like shooting from your finger tips. I haven't tried any other models but, I just bought the 238 this year and wish I had done it years ago.

For my warm weather, shorts and T shirt carry, I pocket carry any one of these, A Sig 938, A S&W model 60, Ruger LCR in 9mm, and sometimes my Walther PPS. Once the weather gets cool again back to the 1911's

642 smith. Dao.....spend the extra few bucks on the performance center upgrade the trigger is like butter which makes it something you can really enjoy at the tange as well.

I have a Glock 27 (too big for pocket carry), Seecamp 32 (special occasions or as a bug), and a Sig p238. The sig is in my pocket now. It is in a kydex neck holster that gets tied to a beltloop with the paracord neck loop. The kydex keeps the laser from turning on in my pocket. It can also be worn around neck/under arm as a shoulder holster.

for pocket carry i favor Kahr CW380/P380 or a G42. G42 fits in a pocket considerably easier than a G43. your pants may be different. also ruger LCR 380 with Ruger factory boot grip is an easy pocket carry and very light < 13 oz. the stock LCR grip is built like a rubber sofa. pleasant to touch but useless for carry.

Back
Top Bottom