Pocket Carry - Which gun?

I pocket carry my Beretta Jetfire all the time. Some say 25 auto is insufficient but I have yet to have anyone volunteer to take 9 rounds of it.

Four years now I have been carrying my LCP in a wallet holster... back pocket carry. It go's near everywhere with me.
bearcreek3_zpsb9cddbd7.jpg

I carry a Seecamp now. I prefer it in the pocket over everything else- disappears. I know many don't like the .32 acp but the size makes it a trade off I can live with...
Prior to that I was carrying a Keltec P3AT in my pocket on occasion....

I have put over 400 commercial rounds of all type through a new this year m&p bg380 and never have had a fte or ftf and it the action has always stayed open on the last round

however with my hand loads I do have the occasional light strike but I'm 99% sure that is the cheap import primers I was using from cabelas (you get what you pay for 2.39/100)

i forget that it's in my pocket most of the time. I would recommend it for sure

Seriously... I can't stand to even have a wallet in my back pocket.

For real. And if you sit in that position long enough (long road trip with a fat wallet in one hip pocket) it can screw up your back something awful.

I have tried all modes of carry over the years, and any type of pocket carry is off my list unless it's a BUG in an inside coat pocket mid-winter. And that role too, is filled by the LCP if I decide to carry a BUG.

What does one recommend for women's slacks/ Ladies-Please! radarbob's wife

Women's slacks, seriously? I am not sure you can even fit a drivers license in those pockets. I thought they were more for decoration than for actually holding stuff. Appendix carry or belly band seem to work well for the ladies.

First, I don't want to make this a caliber debate. I am interested in hearing from people that do pocket carry either most of the time or on occasion. I want to understand what guns people like that are actually easy to disappear in a pocket holster vs IWB. I have a Sig P938 that does disappear IWB but being that the summer is here there are times I think of adding a pocket gun to the collection. I am considering a P238, BG380 or even DAO 38spl such as a 442. I know the newer BG380s without the laser are supposed to be much better so I am intrigued but not sold on it. I have fired everything above and understand the differences, looking to get some real world feedback from those that do pocket carry the guns above or those like it.

I picked up one of the S&W J frame 360j models (non catalog Scadium, 38 special only). It's become my "lazy" gun when I don't feel like throwing on a holster. I like it, and they are cheap. I had a p238, but I found .380 annoying and expensive to find and I had no interest in reloading it.

I picked up one of the S&W J frame 360j models (non catalog Scadium, 38 special only). It's become my "lazy" gun when I don't feel like throwing on a holster. I like it, and they are cheap. I had a p238, but I found .380 annoying and expensive to find and I had no interest in reloading it.

A few years ago .380 ammo was scarce and expensive. I didn't buy one then for that exact reason. Now it is as plentiful as anything else, well maybe not quite like 9mm, and the prices have come down significantly. Not sure what happened except maybe it took the ammo manufacturers a little time to catch up with the surge in .380 pocket gun sales so there was shortage. Just a guess.

I have a Body Guard non laser that I picked up a couple weeks ago. So far it works well in most of my shorts pockets. It is still a bit large for not printing in some of my attire. I don't wear very baggy clothing. In pretty much all cases though, I don't give a crap about printing... Except at work. It was a bit of an impulse buy because I really want an LCP custom but they aren't very easy to come by in MA... The BG is doing the job well for now though as I am carrying in my summer attire more than I was before owning it.

OK, who made that awesome holster?
I had it made for me by Bear Creek Holsters. Doug does a fantastic job and has awesome customer service. http://www.bearcreekholsters.com/ He has may exotic leathers in many colors to accent. Check out the gallery pictures of his work.
No it really isn't uncomfortable to sit. It balances out my wallet on the other side. Although when I'm wearing my cargo shorts I move it to the side cargo pocket. The only time I'm not carrying in this holster is when I am in my dress slacks, then I am using a DeSantis IWB holster. After four years back pocket carry kinda feels natural... weird without it.
180_zpsyalzzw7h.jpeg

Last edited:
CM40 with Crimson Trace has been surprisingly concealable and comfortable the only issue I have had is shorts with shallow Pockets you could see the grip but idgaf most of the time. IMG_20160708_205902.jpg IMG_20160708_205925_1.jpg

BG380. About 200 rounds through it in less than a week that I've had it, including 50 JHP and didn't skip a beat. I like to know my carry gun will go bang.

I think the trigger is better than my stock 637 and it is smaller and carries easily in a professional environment.

442 disappears in my pocket because of the rounded lines of a revolver. I dress around my gun and always Make sure to buy pants with deep pockets.

Sent from my 5054N using Tapatalk

Shield in 9mm. Front pocket in some cheap holster. Doesn't matter as I have a thin profile blocking 1st aid kit shoved into pocket over it. Secure and virtually invisible

Back
Top Bottom