• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Plate Carrier - Do I need one?

No real need to sugar coat it, we're all adults here. You can go ahead and tell us how you really feel, donuts, moon and everything in between. We can take it!

desecrating donuts? I mean, come on, a croissant I can see, but donuts are sacrosanct. All my threads end up being locked this way! Come on, I already have an infraction point as it is, guys!

Kurt Vonnegut reference

And to stay on topic, it's all just personal preference but I Shellback - cummerbund (removable) and side buckles, well built under $200

Hi-ho
Do not derail the thread, please. It's all about donuts now. And BTW, since I've tried the sugar raised ones from the market basket bakery, I don't do dunkin donuts anymore. Try them.

for your plate carrier velcro needs...

P1024.jpg

Currently, no rifle - planning on getting an AR or a Sig 556 in the coming weeks. At present, the trusty Mossberg 500 with folding stock is as close as I have to a rifle.

Realistically going to need? Probably not. But if you have the cash, I would definitely look into buying a PC+plates. Worst case you sell em later when utopia is achieved.

What is the "rifle" in this either or situation? What are you currently using?

well again, thanks for the suggestions, everyone - I found a condor rig on craigslist for $30 sans plates, waiting to see if its still available.

well again, thanks for the suggestions, everyone - I found a condor rig on craigslist for $30 sans plates, waiting to see if its still available.

I started off on the cheap path, and replaced every flippen item! The biggest difference in carriers is quality control and comfort. The cheap side of carriers gets you irregular sized molle webbing and stitching that starts so tear. The cheap side of plates gets you heavy. For the price most coated plates go for you could get a set of TAP Gamma plates (saw a pair last month for $250) and shed more then half the weight of AR500.

Last edited:
I started off on the cheap path, and replaced every flippen item! The biggest difference in carriers is quality control and comfort. The cheap side of carriers gets you irregular sized molle webbing and stitching that starts so tear. The cheap side of plates gets you heavy. For the price most coated plates go for you could get a set of TAP Gamma plates (saw a pair last month for $250) and shed more then half the weight of AR500.

This, buy once cry once. Condor is for airsofters, and even airsofters will still make fun of airsofters using condor.

Exactly my point. If your going to get plates its one of those things I feel from past mistakes should be done right. $300 for a carrier is pretty expensive for nylon fabric and thread. However someone (on the good ones) knew what they were doing when they designed it. That extra cost get you comfort, plates that don't swim in the carrier, and strait molle webbing. I shit you not when I say MALICE clips and crooked webbing will bring the toughest jar head to tears! Not to mention the ability to actually shoulder a weapon without the carrier fighting you the whole time. JBT's and all other nonsense aside I doubt I'll ever have a need for one. However its there if I do need it and have time to grab it. I understand the lack of medical support and yadda yadda yadda, I expect it to do one thing and one thing only, keep me alive long enough to get the SOB who made me put the damn thing on.

Back
Top Bottom