Pet Peeve - posting without reading first

Pilgrim

NES Member
RETIRED, at home or wherever I want to be
How many posters DON'T read a whole thread before commenting?

A thread in the Milsurp section had 3 people complaining that maybe the CMP will send out crap as service grades. Several times it was posted that CMP doesn't do that.

I lost my cool a little over that.. bad day I guess. But I'm curious as to how many of you post without reading the whole thread first?

PWI... it's a egregious offense... VOTE NO ON #1! Help keep MA's PWI rate low!!

By the way, don't you hate when people post without reading the whole thread? It so darn anoying...

The phenomenon of posting without reading the whole thread is widespread across the internet. I do it here at NES more than any place else. The reason? There is a trend on this board where people will post to add their .02, or to say Hi or post an emoticon or whatever else.

Sure it is frustrating going through page after page of "useless" content but that is just how this forum is I guess. But in the thread you referenced, I agree it was frustrating to see the same question and reference made to the VFW returns in regard to the newly available service grade rifles.

EDIT: See now, in this thread it works having random postings! [smile]

Speaking as a Mod . . . YES!!

It makes our job all the harder, e.g. posting ads without reading rules, asking questions that were already answered . . . maybe 2-3 replies earlier, etc.

Something about leading horses to water . . . comes to mind here.

Something about leading horses to water . . . comes to mind here.

I once had a horse that I couldn't lead to water...... [smile]

Oh wait,

What are you guys talking about? Horses, water, what is it? Damn, you
want me to read the whole thread to just talk about horses? Did you know
that horses don't swim, they "dog paddle". Isn't that strange?

boogie.gif

TBP

I know what you mean.

I was just reading a thread over in the Milsurp section and there were several people complaing about or asking if the CMP sends out crap/junk service grade rifles.

I forget how many times it was pointed out that the CMP doesn't do that.

I'd say I'm guity of this when a thread is 3 and 4 pages long and I'm just too lazy to read ever single post... I blame public schooling really... [smile]

I'll post a reply in the milsurp section to hopefully clear the drain pipe thing up.

If the poster could not grasp the concept the first two or three times, still less actually visit the site, what makes you think another post will enlighten him?

Yeah you see this all the time:

1st Post: I need a recommendation for an AR-15. Anyone but Bushmaster--I hate those guys.

2nd Post: How about a Bushmaster? All of their AR-15s rock.

I had a pet peeve one, but my sister left it's cage door open and it ran away.

I sure miss that little guy.

[crying]

How many posters DON'T read a whole thread before commenting?

A thread in the Milsurp section had 3 people complaining that maybe the CMP will send out crap as service grades. Several times it was posted that CMP doesn't do that.

I lost my cool a little over that.. bad day I guess. But I'm curious as to how many of you post without reading the whole thread first?

I was going to reply in the "Reply to the Pet Peeve" thread, however I am unable to locate that thread.

Back
Top Bottom