Permanent Resident always dealyed on Firearm purchase ?

I'm delayed each and every single time I make a purchase. Sometimes it's a 10 minute delay but most times it goes the 3 days.

for me, it makes absolute sense to screen non-citizen purchase.

I dont mind a bit of inconvenient for a greater cause plus i will be a citizen of this great coutry by the end of this year.

I'm delayed each and every single time I make a purchase. Sometimes it's a 10 minute delay but most times it goes the 3 days.

I'm delayed 3-5 days each time, and I am a US citizen (born here). Delayed by VA state records not the NICS check. Was told similar name in the Virginia Criminal Information Network causes the delay.

I was never delayed when I lived in MA and purchased guns there. Go figure.

Last edited:
I'm delayed every time, but I don't mind it. I'm glad that this lovely country (my adopted country) allows me to carry concealed. I had my FID for years and now I have a LTC no restrictions.

I just want to know if this is a routine check for greencard people.

I just had one minor incident when I was in school, when I went to take pictures of Salem powerplant (months after 9/11) to make poster for Economic project, FBI showed up the next day lol.

No case, no nothing just showed up to ask me why I was there near the plant.

I just want to know if this is a routine check for greencard people.

I just had one minor incident when I was in school, when I went to take pictures of Salem powerplant (months after 9/11) to make poster for Economic project, FBI showed up the next day lol.

No case, no nothing just showed up to ask me why I was there near the plant.
And they new your address to come find you how? Were you stopped while taking the picture?

that's why i didn't quote your post. [wink]

How dare you not quote my post. How dare you.

In all seriousness, with modern computers there should not be a delay for anyone who is not disqualified. That is what we get when the NICS computer system was implemented by the low bidder.

- - - Updated - - -

And they new your address to come find you how? Were you stopped while taking the picture?

Car license plate I am guessing. Cameras everywhere around power plants (particularly nuclear ones).

I get denied if I don't put my SS number in the info. Never bothered with a UPIN, I just use the SS and there is no problem. Asked a friend what was up and it came back as there is a guy, same name, same age who has not been very nice in his life.

Any permanent resident here bought first gun and subsequence ones without being put on waiting period ?

Thank you for all inputs

I always get delayed. Have a UPIN and complete the SSN too. I was told that there's only one person who handles permanent resident applications coming from this region, this is why the delay.

Back
Top Bottom