PA's AG says 80% receivers are firearms...

The next step will be to draft legislation that more generally refers to blocks of metal that are intended to be used to make a firearm. Then it's more court battles, in front of judges who are as likely to be activists on the topic as not. It drags out for years and in the meantime the 2A is kept on ice.

It's a never ending war being fought against the constitution in slow motion, and our tax dollars are funding it.

The next step will be to draft legislation that more generally refers to blocks of metal that are intended to be used to make a firearm. Then it's more court battles, in front of judges who are as likely to be activists on the topic as not. It drags out for years and in the meantime the 2A is kept on ice.

It's a never ending war being fought against the constitution in slow motion, and our tax dollars are funding it.

And worse than that it is fought with us always losing our rights for however long it takes. The other side doesn't care when they lose because their ridiculous nonsense was in force for up to 10+ years by the time it gets killed in the courts. How long will they wait before a court throws this out and they get to have 80% lowers again?

the PA AG has no authority to do what he just did.......it will go through the courts and he'll get slapped down....

Josh Shapiro is a former rep in the pa house.....he's a dem and previously endorsed by oblunder.

He replaced kathleen kane, another dem AG who was convicted of purjury and a bunch of other shit

So, Shapiro appears to be following in her footsteps

The thing that's crazy, is that at worst, because there are no laws regulating any of this in PA, all this does is require them to be shipped to gun stores.... Even then there's nothing really that requires that...

Yep.....the AG is part of the executive branch......they carry out the law as written......they dont write laws

Furthermore the ATF is (sadly) the accepted authority here and they're clear on what is/is not a firearm according to statute/law......

Shapiro is going to get his pee pee whacked really badly in court.....
That's funny, Haven't I seen examples of the MA AG also writing laws (specifically gun laws) then threatening legal gun dealers of carrying them out? Isn't that against the law? How is she getting away with it?

Probably wouldn't be that difficult to develop a 'black box' mill that could produce lowers from blank billet. Could be as easy as starting out with one square corner to locate off of and the rest simply rough cut. Press go...

mag wells aren't done on a mill, they are usually broached or EDM cut. You could mill out most of the pocket though and finish the corners by hand.

Last edited:
That's funny, Haven't I seen examples of the MA AG also writing laws (specifically gun laws) then threatening legal gun dealers of carrying them out? Isn't that against the law? How is she getting away with it?
She is getting away with it just like organized crime used to function. Intimidation. Intimidating dealers into compliance with her extralegal edict and threatening action that would cost them money. She is no better than a common street thug. I have endless admiration for those willing to stand up to her BS, which is not an easy decision.

As a former machinist you hardly need a 5 axis machining center to make lowers.

I have an old school Bridgeport with a DRO and assure you I could make one.

I'm not a machinist by trade, and I've done it on a Brideport without the DRO before, I didn't spend tons of time making the outside pretty, but I cut the critical dimensions right and it functioned perfectly fine lol It's not that hard on a manual machine, just tedious, finishing the mag well is the only thing that took some thought.

Of course where do you draw the line??

Ban 80% non-firearms and a manufacturer will come out with a 75%.

Ban 75% and so on and so on and before you know it a block of aluminum is a firearm.
Simple, ban everything the government, in their infinite wisdom, thinks is dangerous (see the UK knife ban laws for more information)

Of course where do you draw the line??

Ban 80% non-firearms and a manufacturer will come out with a 75%.

Ban 75% and so on and so on and before you know it a block of aluminum is a firearm.
Ultimately it'll probably become "a matter of intent" much like how you can be charged with assault with a deadly weapon for beating someone with a shoe. If you and/or the manufacturer intend a block of aluminum become a lower, than it's a firearm.

Probably wouldn't be that difficult to develop a 'black box' mill that could produce lowers from blank billet. Could be as easy as starting out with one square corner to locate off of and the rest simply rough cut. Press go...

I think they have them already...

EDIT: Ghost Gunner but may not be able to make them from a blank billet...

I'm no machinist, but how hard would it be to come up with a new stripped receiver design that is simpler, thus easier to convert a rectangular block of aluminum (a 0% receiver) into a working receiver? It might be as simple as hollow out the inside, and then drill some holes through it to hold pins and the trigger assembly, etc. Sure, it may look like crap. But that's not the point. I want to buy aluminum paper weights that could be converted into a receiver just with a router or drill press and a template.

I'm no machinist, but how hard would it be to come up with a new stripped receiver design that is simpler, thus easier to convert a rectangular block of aluminum (a 0% receiver) into a working receiver? It might be as simple as hollow out the inside, and then drill some holes through it to hold pins and the trigger assembly, etc. Sure, it may look like crap. But that's not the point. I want to buy aluminum paper weights that could be converted into a receiver just with a router or drill press and a template.

the obstacles that i see are:
mag and bolt releases are necessary and thus need the appropriate cuts.
threads for the buffer tube.
passageways for the spring loaded pins that index the takedown pins and the safety, likewise the buffer retaining pin.

Just make 79% lowers then. Seems simple.
When Commiefornia banned the peon possession of .50 BMG rifles, not only did Ronnie Barrett stop selling them to LE agencies in that Communist state, but he also developed his own .416 Barrett rifle cartridge. This round is peon-legal and, ironically, outperforms the verboten.50 BMG due to its higher ballistic coefficient. So..peon riflemen in Commiefornia have .338 Lapua Magnum and .416 Barrett when they shoot at extreme distances.

Ultimately it'll probably become "a matter of intent" much like how you can be charged with assault with a deadly weapon for beating someone with a shoe. If you and/or the manufacturer intend a block of aluminum become a lower, than it's a firearm.

And there it is. The logical conclusion. Like the law prior to 1985 or so, it was INTENT not action that ruled. "You stepped on my foot! I'm going to have you arrested!" "It was an accident. I didn't INTEND to step on your foot."

And with that, 80%, 60%, 99% - all meaningless. Did you INTEND to make a firearm?? That can only be determined by physical evidence (emails, letters, candy-grams, etc.,), eyewitness testimony or. . . . OR. . . . . . . . . . . . you turning it into a firearm. :)

We won't get there, of course. But it's a nice thought SC.

Insanity!!!

If a block of weird shaped aluminum can be declared a firearm, then I declare ANYONE who runs for public office a criminal as they have the potential to harm others and unlike that block of aluminum.....politicians usually do.

The only way the message of "leave me, my rights and my guns alone and stop harrassing me" is going to be pointed out loud and clear is when these maniacal politicians are hanged.

the obstacles that i see are:
mag and bolt releases are necessary and thus need the appropriate cuts.
threads for the buffer tube.
passageways for the spring loaded pins that index the takedown pins and the safety, likewise the buffer retaining pin.

AK model is far simpler than broaching AR magwell and far easier to make with primitive tools. Galil mags among others were made to feed 556.

The line was drawn many years ago.....to use progressive speak this is "Settled Law"

View: https://www.scribd.com/document/251725009/ATF-Ruling-2015-1-Manufacturing-and-Gunsmithing-1

from that ATF FAQ, everything you need to know about ATF or the GC bullshit:

1. Is ATF aware of the receiver blanks, commonly referred to as 80% receivers?
ATF routinely collaborates with the firearms industry and law enforcement to monitor new technologies and current manufacturing trends that could potentially impact the safety of the public.

so ATF's motivation isn't 2a or the Constitution, it's "safety of the public" which in commie speech means safety of the "public" at the top tier from pissed off peasants.

The line was drawn many years ago.....to use progressive speak this is "Settled Law"

View: https://www.scribd.com/document/251725009/ATF-Ruling-2015-1-Manufacturing-and-Gunsmithing-1

1576612546169.png

Back
Top Bottom