Panic Buying

I was this close last night to placing an order. But nope. Had to watch Deadpool. Now I'm trying to convince myself that I don't need those two cases anyways. Stupid Wolf. Their brass are just too dull anyways.

You and me both. Fell asleep with a case of 9mm and .223 in my online cart. Awoke to find the 9mm out of stock and the .223 jacked up $50. [laugh]

I don't think (In many cases) there is someone sitting around waiting to raise prices after a tragedy strikes. Do any of these online companies use software to manage their prices? ie, if demand in a certain item spikes over a certain period of time, prices are adjusted automatically? I've seen it on Amazon in the past when buying lab supplies.

I ordered a quantity of some very specific specialty items that I'm sure had been sitting for sale on the site for ages, and the price was WAY cheaper than anywhere else. After I placed my order, I went back to buy more and the price had nearly doubled. I doubt someone was sitting at Amazon corporate waiting to jack the price on that item, I think the price had probably dropped to the low it was at due to lack of demand, and then rose when there was a spike in demand. I'd bet it's the same for many ammo retailers.

I haven't looked but boy am I glad I bought 10K rounds of CCI Mini-Mags over the past couple weeks.

Reality and truth have very little to do with politics anymore - and make no mistake EVERYTHING is politics to someone. How much that group tries to take away from another group is only determined by how bad it is. With all the 'Mass Shooting' crawls and no 'Terrorist Attack' crawls - we know where this is heading.

I wonder if brick and mortar stores such as local WMT's and Dicks have jumped their prices already?

Dick's yesterday had federal auto match bulk packs (325 rounds) on sale for 19.95. Also had Winchester white box .40, .45acp, and 9mm on sale......think the 9mm was set at $13.99 from what I remember. From the historical experiences with these events the big box stores don't up the price.......the shelves will just be emptied out FIRST!

Last time after sandy hook.......the local walmart in Plaistow NH......shelves were always empty because the local gun shop up the street "state line" would send guys down every morning when the store first opened......to buy out whatever they could and bring it to the shop and up the price. This happens often as well.

Last edited:
.the local walmart in Plaistow NH......shelves were always empty because the local gun shop up the street "state line" would send guys down every morning when the store first opened......to buy out whatever they could and bring it to the shop and up the price. This happens often as well.

Which is infuriating and is also why I won't shop there.

I litterly just bought 2 AR's this past week so the timing sucks for me as I like to get a healthy reserve of ammo. The couple websites I went on yesterday were all out of 1K round cases so I went to Wal Mart and had to grab a few 420 round cans of federal 5.56

I've been on a bit of a spree buying cheap AR mags over the past month since I got a NH address. I snagged about 50 of those $6.99 GI mags from Palmetto, and 20-30 Pmags when they were under $10.

This morning I 'panicked' and ordered a couple more 75 round AK drums.

I have to go easy, my new tiny house is getting full and I haven't fully moved in yet.

Never! I shot up 20 rounds of .223 to function test a new build, I feel the need that I need at least 400 rounds to replace the 20 I shot! I just keep putting on extra layers of tin foil.

Yeah it sucks that particular vendor keeps doing this. But hey they're free to do it I guess. Trying to maximize their profits.

What's interesting is that vendor jumped immediately to $399/case for wolf gold from $299/case in their friday email ad. Stayed at $399/case until it sold out then it dropped to $349/case. Now its back in stock at $325

What's interesting is that vendor jumped immediately to $399/case for wolf gold from $299/case in their friday email ad. Stayed at $399/case until it sold out then it dropped to $349/case. Now its back in stock at $325

Sounds like a tinfoiler rape scheme and it worked... [rofl]

-Mike

I'm surprised they couldn't offer a cheaper price when they were out (assuming no backorders)

"WHACKO"---Last time after sandy hook.......the local walmart in Plaistow NH......shelves were always empty because the local gun shop up the street "state line" would send guys down every morning when the store first opened......to buy out whatever they could and bring it to the shop and up the price. This happens often as well.[/QUOTE]

sorry you are wrong.
I was at Wally World every morning at 7am 5 day's a week as I was addicted to ammo, no joke. I even posted on NES daily what they had.I'm over the problem now though. I am friends with the owner at Stateline and others that work there and NEVER saw one of the workers when I was there, Never. They open at 10am , do you think a worker would wake up Early "3 hours early" to get there and sell to stateline for a small profit? when they had a limit. LOLOLOL. There was another shop with someone named COSTA who was getting that ammo you speak of.

Last edited:
I was at Wally World every morning at 7am 5 day's a week as I was addicted to ammo, no joke. I'm over the problem now though. I am friends with the owner at Stateline and others that work there and NEVER saw one of the workers when I was there, Never. They open at 10am , do you think a worker would wake up Early "3 hours early" to get there and sell to stateline for a small profit? LOLOLOL. There was another shop with someone named COSTA who was getting that ammo you speak of.

I'll back up MikeLawtown on this, if there was an award for "NH WalMartAmmo inventory intel guy" during the sandy hook, etc, BS, he would have gotten it. He probably had more So. NH walmart visits (like in a methodical way) during the supply crisis than anyone else on this forum. If he says they were never there I would believe him.

-Mike

I'll back up MikeLawtown on this, if there was an award for "NH WalMartAmmo inventory intel guy" during the sandy hook, etc, BS, he would have gotten it. He probably had more So. NH walmart visits (like in a methodical way) during the supply crisis than anyone else on this forum. If he says they were never there I would believe him.

-Mike
Thanks Mike. When Jim McCloud introduced us you're 1st comment was oh the Ammo Guy or was it Hoarder?..LOL.

"WHACKO"---Last time after sandy hook.......the local walmart in Plaistow NH......shelves were always empty because the local gun shop up the street "state line" would send guys down every morning when the store first opened......to buy out whatever they could and bring it to the shop and up the price. This happens often as well.

sorry you are wrong.
I was at Wally World every morning at 7am 5 day's a week as I was addicted to ammo, no joke. I even posted on NES daily what they had.I'm over the problem now though. I am friends with the owner at Stateline and others that work there and NEVER saw one of the workers when I was there, Never. They open at 10am , do you think a worker would wake up Early "3 hours early" to get there and sell to stateline for a small profit? when they had a limit. LOLOLOL. There was another shop with someone named COSTA who was getting that ammo you speak of.[/QUOTE]i got my info from a friend that worked pt at that walmart. What shop was it then.

Back
Top Bottom