Panic Buying

Dick's yesterday had federal auto match bulk packs (325 rounds) on sale for 19.95. Also had Winchester white box .40, .45acp, and 9mm on sale......think the 9mm was set at $13.99 from what I remember. From the historical experiences with these events the big box stores don't up the price.......the shelves will just be emptied out FIRST!

Last time after sandy hook.......the local walmart in Plaistow NH......shelves were always empty because the local gun shop up the street "state line" would send guys down every morning when the store first opened......to buy out whatever they could and bring it to the shop and up the price. This happens often as well.

I am thoroughly confused by this post.

- - - Updated - - -

sorry you are wrong.
I was at Wally World every morning at 7am 5 day's a week as I was addicted to ammo, no joke. I even posted on NES daily what they had.I'm over the problem now though. I am friends with the owner at Stateline and others that work there and NEVER saw one of the workers when I was there, Never. They open at 10am , do you think a worker would wake up Early "3 hours early" to get there and sell to stateline for a small profit? when they had a limit. LOLOLOL. There was another shop with someone named COSTA who was getting that ammo you speak of.
i got my info from a friend that worked pt at that walmart. What shop was it then.[/QUOTE]

and how it relates to this post.

ETA: now I get it. Bad post quoting caused me to misunderstand.

sorry you are wrong.
I was at Wally World every morning at 7am 5 day's a week as I was addicted to ammo, no joke. I even posted on NES daily what they had.I'm over the problem now though. I am friends with the owner at Stateline and others that work there and NEVER saw one of the workers when I was there, Never. They open at 10am , do you think a worker would wake up Early "3 hours early" to get there and sell to stateline for a small profit? when they had a limit. LOLOLOL. There was another shop with someone named COSTA who was getting that ammo you speak of.
WHACKO-->i got my info from a friend that worked pt at that walmart. (WHACKO-->What shop was it then.[/QUOTE]

Don't know the Name, it was on RT1 I think, all I know is the owners son who drove his dads Corvette would be there daily with a Bud. It was confirmed by Pam who works in the AM at the sporting section.

Last edited:
Wasn't that Al's gun and reel in Derry that was raiding the Walmarts? I know I stopped in there to buy powder during the last panic and he had all the winchester 555 and 333 packs...

I've been shooting a lot of 9mm lately, so I stopped at WallyWorld on my way to the range and bought some more. Normally I would have bought about 400 rounds to make up for what I shot this past weekend, plus to put some more on the shelf -- instead I bought 800...

That's how it begins, if everyone buy a little more or double what they typically would buy. I'm in good shape but I'd probably do the same thing, buy a little more than normal each time I'm out shopping just because.

The panic got to me so I ordered a 4lb jug of N320 powder, a pound of H110 powder, and 5k primers (had a friend order stuff to offset hazmat)...The 4lb jug is good for about 7k rounds of 9mm. 1 pound of H110 is good for about 275 rounds of 44 mag or ~482 rounds of 30 carbine.

Ugh I need to stop...I think?

The panic got to me so I ordered a 4lb jug of N320 powder, a pound of H110 powder, and 5k primers (had a friend order stuff to offset hazmat)...The 4lb jug is good for about 7k rounds of 9mm. 1 pound of H110 is good for about 275 rounds of 44 mag or ~482 rounds of 30 carbine.

Ugh I need to stop...I think?

No, you don't.

I bought 1000 rounds of 9mm and by mistake bought 2000. Oopps. My bad.

Same price as last week with free shipping. [grin]

The people at walmart looked at me a bit strangely when I walked out with recently with 2 420 spam cans, 1,000 rounds of federal 9MM, a bunch of 7.62x39 and my daily limit of .22, which was 3 bricks (that day). The guy said 'Daaayumm, das a lotta ammo'.

The people at walmart looked at me a bit strangely when I walked out with recently with 2 420 spam cans, 1,000 rounds of federal 9MM, a bunch of 7.62x39 and my daily limit of .22, which was 3 bricks (that day). The guy said 'Daaayumm, das a lotta ammo'.
I have not seen .22 at a walmart in a long time. I look in southern Vermont and Western Mass.

I haven't seen .22LR at the Concord NH Walmart in at least three years...and I am in no way exaggerating.

Now that's an addictive personality, every AM at 7:00 !
yes I know. I got up at 6:30 to see wife and little one off and started work at 7:30 so I had plenty of time. I had a work vehicle so gas was no issue.It got so bad when I saw a Guy or two pull up near me all I thought was there are 2 more here for .22 and 9 so I better hurry. 90% of the time I was not wrong. That train has passed a while ago though.

Last edited:
I stopped by my local Walmart today, case was packed so I picked up a few hundred rounds of 45. I plan on topping off my stocks next pay check, when the budget is replenished.

Sent from my 5054N using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Thanks Mike. When Jim McCloud introduced us you're 1st comment was oh the Ammo Guy or was it Hoarder?..LOL.

I don't think I've ever called anybody a hoarder LOL but I remember trading PM's with you when I was in random Walmart parking lots posting and sharing Intel at cetera those were pretty crazy times trying to find shit that wasnt overpriced. Eventually collectible got some Aguila 124 in and and I bought a case of that stuff and then I didn't have to run around hunting for ammo anymore. I think I grabbed a cheap case of tulammo from them too at one point.

Last edited:
yes I know. I got up at 6:30 to see wife and little one off and started work at 7:30 so I had plenty of time. I had a work vehicle so gas was no issue.It got so bad when I saw a Guy or two pull up near me all I thought was there are 2 more here for .22 and 9 so I better hurry. 90% of the time I was not wrong. That train has passed a while ago though.

The .22 was far worse than the 9. I remember seeing "hovercrafts" around the ammo counters and having to outwit them. One tactic I would use is to get the SG guy with the key the moment I walked in the store, theyd often walk right past the hovercrafts and get me my ammo first, most didn't care because I didn't buy a single box of .22, lmao. I'm still sitting on like 3000 rounds of .22 from 6 years ago ill probably end up taking a third of it to the grave with me. [laugh]

The .22 was far worse than the 9. I remember seeing "hovercrafts" around the ammo counters and having to outwit them. One tactic I would use is to get the SG guy with the key the moment I walked in the store, theyd often walk right past the hovercrafts and get me my ammo first, most didn't care because I didn't buy a single box of .22, lmao. I'm still sitting on like 3000 rounds of .22 from 6 years ago ill probably end up taking a third of it to the grave with me. [laugh]

"Hovercrafts"?

Does walmart use some sort of new drone device now to protect and watch the ammo case?

Surveillance Drone Operators Find Ways to Outsmart Enemy
http://www.nationaldefensemagazine.org/archive/2006/July/Pages/SurveillanceDrone2937.aspx

Back
Top Bottom