Panic Buying

Well, I have seen one online store's inventory of a particular brand keep dropping since two days ago, and it is all gone today.

That's not my recollection - I remember it being crazy the next day. I remember both my go to places were sold out.

some shops did sell out fast. Others took longer. But prices didn't spike until the distributors sold thru. Unless your shop was a price gouger. And many were.

The places I go to seem to have upped their prices a little, but the stock is ample for now.

I build the ammo buying into my budget, so I stock up over time and can weather the shortages.

The places I go to seem to have upped their prices a little, but the stock is ample for now.

I build the ammo buying into my budget, so I stock up over time and can weather the shortages.

Keep about a years worth of average shooting in the safe.

The Dems are going full bore on this. It is out of control. Meanwhile the dysfunctional Republican so-called leadership has its collective head up its ass. They are going to hand this election to the Hilderbeast on a silver platter, and we are all going to be up shits creek with only an AK shovel.

Is the Republican leadership even relevant anymore?

They obviously have no influence on voters, or Trump wouldn't be the nominee.

some shops did sell out fast. Others took longer. But prices didn't spike until the distributors sold thru. Unless your shop was a price gouger. And many were.

If I owned I shop I would not sell any gun for less than what I could replace it for, distributors starting the gouging.

Well as we all know that is how gasoline is sold.

Yeah but the "gun industry mid level distributor collusional gouge play" is a whole different ballgame....

It's pretty easy to prove they were playing games, too. Look at Sandy hook for example. Walmarts ammo prices didn't even go up until after the shelves were blown clean, and then when stock slowly came back the prices were slightly elevated, probably because ammo companies needed to offset the cost of running extra shifts, etc, for production. On the other hand ammo appearing at the LGSes often took a big hop up in price because the mid levels were often turtling and sitting on limited stocks of ammo and kept jacking the price up. When the dust settles and Walmart goes up a dollar or two and the LGS went up 4-6 bucks on the same box of ammo, it's pretty obvious... and it's not (usually) the LGS that is the one doing the price padding, either.

Why use walmart as an example? Walmart gets their ammo DIRECT from the manufacturers. So there's no oxygen thief mid level distributor in the middle playing games with the product or its pricing, etc. They collect what they want to make for a profit margin on the product and that ends up being the end of the story.

-Mike

All I want is a steady supply of CCI Standard Velocity [sad2]
Or Federal value pack. Come on people it has been like 8 years of this... I'm down to only 12,000 rounds of .22 and have cut way back on my shooting of it.

Sent from my LG-H810 using Tapatalk

If the Republicans don't go all out to support Trump, it will be the end of the Republican Party. I don't know what the name of the party that replaces it will be, but there will be a replacement.

If Hillary wins, I'd be more worried about the end of the United States as we know it. The Russians, the Chinese, the Iranians, and who knows who else have all of her emails and more than enough blackmail material to control every move she makes.

If Hillary gets the white house.......beginning of the end of the GOP?

So when this Florida mess happened I thought I might consider buying an AR 15, so I checked Four Seasons web site and they had a Smith&Wesson M&P Sport II for $699.00, now it is $799.00. I won't be going there for ammo either because I assume they will be jacking up those prices too.

So when this Florida mess happened I thought I might consider buying an AR 15, so I checked Four Seasons web site and they had a Smith&Wesson M&P Sport II for $699.00, now it is $799.00. I won't be going there for ammo either because I assume they will be jacking up those prices too.

Is it "them" or is it the disty jacking the price up? I imagine that the cheap rifles went quickly.

One of the problems, or features, of a free market is it takes an astute buyer to figure out how much fluff is in the price of something, and who is causing most of the fluff.

Also, who is the competition? I would bet most of FS's competition priced in a similar range.

-Mike

You can buy the parts and build one for significantly less than that.

You can buy the parts and build one for significantly less than that.

slippery slope.
after newtown me and a friend built starting with the matrix areospace group buy.
he spent about $1000-.

i'm in at around $1800- before sights or scope for that rifle.
( though i can't blame anyone else, i've always been of the " do it right the first time and go all in " school. )

slippery slope.
after newtown me and a friend built starting with the matrix areospace group buy.
he spent about $1000-.

i'm in at around $1800- before sights or scope for that rifle.
( though i can't blame anyone else, i've always been of the " do it right the first time and go all in " school. )
Ok, you can build one for much less than that that will be perfectly functional, not perfect! :D

Was finally considering buying an AK. I have like zero desire to own an AR and only kinda want an AK, but I figure it's better than nothing and I don't have to money to get a 556 or a FAL. Then I look and all the decent AKs are going for as much as middle of the road ARs. I'm gonna have to get a Sterling sporter or worse, a Kel-tec at this rate.

Back
Top Bottom