Panic Buying

bostonhockey

NES Member
I keep hearing from friends and reading on some forums about how soon everyone will be "panic buying" before november. I guess I'm just curious on others thoughts on this subject and how likely it is to actually happen because of the election. I sort of missed the last panic buy go round so really not sure what to expect as far as ammo availability and firearm prices but have been slowly stocking up here and there on ammo but nothing crazy. What do you think or expect to happen in regards to "panic buying" over the next 5-6 months?

It depends on perception.

If the perception is for the Democratic nominee to win, they'll be a surge in price, a lack of supply, etc. Shelves will be cleaned the weekend after the election if Clinton wins.

It will be less dramatic if Sanders wins.

And I expect little change if the GOP nominee wins.

Time to buy is probably now if you want something for a reasonable price.

idiots will panic buy because as soon as there is a nominee on the democratic side, the NRA will go into full retard "they're coming to get your guns" mode again like they did in 2003 and 2007. Their goal is to whip everyone into a frenzy so they send the NRA more money and buy a bunch of stuff that their BIGGEST donors make and/or distribute thus getting them more big donations from those donors (gun and ammo manufacturers & distributors) yet again.

It depends on perception.

If the perception is for the Democratic nominee to win, they'll be a surge in price, a lack of supply, etc. Shelves will be cleaned the weekend after the election if Clinton wins.

It will be less dramatic if Sanders wins.

And I expect little change if the GOP nominee wins.

Time to buy is probably now if you want something for a reasonable price.

Pretty much. With the Supreme Court in its current state and everything Hillary, and Chelsea, have said about gun control, it could be worse than post Sandy Hook.

If you like to shoot, I would buy a couple cases of what ever you shoot most and if you have any interest in an AR at least buy the parts now.

Then again, with all the panic buying from the two Obama elections and Sandy Hook, there is a good chance that many will feel they have stocked up enough and you will be able to find ARs, but I would still bet ammo is scarce.

I'm already panic buying. Second mortgage on the house; riding a bicycle to work; strict diet of ramen noodles - all so I can stockpile AR lowers, 9mm and .223/5.56, reloading components, and Hoppes #9. If you don't have at least 15,000 rounds in each caliber (and 225,000 of .22LR), you're way behind the curve.

Could be people are tired of the panic buying, cause prices seem pretty low despite the looming election.

but I agree, if Hilary wins, it'll be full panic mode, even though it would take her time to do anything significant, like nominate a SC Justice.

Panic buying begins with posts about panic buying and it spreads from there.

Somewhat, but for now prices are probably as good as they are going to get any time before the election and in all honesty ammo I bought years ago is still shootable and cost twice as much to buy today so it was not a bad investment and it means I never had to stop shooting because I couldn't find or afford ammo.

i would not tell someone to spend more than they can afford or buy much more than they really use, but I do believe in having twice what I could see using in one year on hand. Buy an AR if it was something you were thinking about as prices will not go down even if a Republican wins but probably will otherwise. I would not buy a dozen as an investment.

Panic buying begins with posts about panic buying and it spreads from there.

HAHA did I just start it? I find the whole idea kind of interesting to be honest, only because I wasn't really into shooting for the last round and wasn't even that aware of it. I get tons of NRA stuff lately about how this election is CRUCIAL and to send donations etc and I have to assume that probably helps get alot of people worked into a frenzy about stockpiling

idiots will panic buy because as soon as there is a nominee on the democratic side, the NRA will go into full retard "they're coming to get your guns" mode again like they did in 2003 and 2007. Their goal is to whip everyone into a frenzy so they send the NRA more money and buy a bunch of stuff that their BIGGEST donors make and/or distribute thus getting them more big donations from those donors (gun and ammo manufacturers & distributors) yet again.

They do this a lot.

But given the precarious condition of the SCOTUS and the fact that Clinton is far more anti-gun than Obama - and that's saying something - stocking up is a good idea.

There also a lot more shooters out there. I'm probably guilty of creating dozens if not hundreds since I started shooting.

I got my LTC in 09' and didn't really get heavily involved with shooting until 2011/12 and then sandy hook hit when I was getting into reloading. I refuse to overpay for reloading components so I've been stocking up on what I can afford and safely store....

As for AR lowers etc I don't care or see the need to buy a bunch of those before the election. But then again I'm not a huge AR guy. I got one and that's fine with me[laugh]

I keep hearing from friends and reading on some forums about how soon everyone will be "panic buying" before november. I guess I'm just curious on others thoughts on this subject and how likely it is to actually happen because of the election. I sort of missed the last panic buy go round so really not sure what to expect as far as ammo availability and firearm prices but have been slowly stocking up here and there on ammo but nothing crazy. What do you think or expect to happen in regards to "panic buying" over the next 5-6 months?

It's already starting. If there is a perception that Trump or whoever got screwedat the convention (which sets up a potential hitlery win) things will start going full retard and if she gets elected it will be 110% retarded.... my advice, buy ammo now and lay it in, the ammo will get harder to come by than the guns.

Calculate what you generally shoot in a month.....multiply by 12......have that in your stockpile. That way when hillary gets elected youll be able to enjoy your fire arms instead of fondle them.

Gun owners are our own worst enemy. I expext a year of empty shelves and bullshit prices come november.

Calculate what you generally shoot in a month.....multiply by 12......have that in your stockpile. That way when hillary gets elected youll be able to enjoy your fire arms instead of fondle them.

Gun owners are our own worst enemy. I expext a year of empty shelves and bullshit prices come november.

Yeah, the guideline I use is very similar...lay in a year worth of ammo, more if you can afford it.

Ammo is where the money should go. Hillary is a bad dream, but a minority in congress and anti 2A justices being sworn in are the long term nightmares.

There will be a full blown freak out when Hillary gets the nomination. It'll get even worse when she wins the election. I wouldn't sweat guns...if you have something you've really desired for a bit, buy it now. Concentrate on ammo. Have a couple years worth of ammo on hand for whatever you like to shoot the most, especially if it's a popular caliber. It will all dry up in a hurry.

What was plentiful last time around?

I remember seeing a good amount of 17hmr and what I assume were hunting calibers. (full size rifle cartridges in calibers I wasnt familiar with) I also recall hearing that 40s&w and shot shells were easier to find, although I didnt then and still dont shoot either so they may have been around but I didnt notice.

Literally nothing is going to happen. Gun laws have loosened tremendously over the last 30 years. Over the last few years, we've gone up to nine constitutional carry states and about to get a tenth. A bunch of states passed anti-gun-control laws since Sandy Hook as a response to Obama's BS. Even SCOTUS has been on our side. Gun bans are a leftist wet dream that simply isn't going to come to fruition any time soon, Hillary or otherwise.

I'm already panic buying. Second mortgage on the house; riding a bicycle to work; strict diet of ramen noodles - all so I can stockpile AR lowers, 9mm and .223/5.56, reloading components, and Hoppes #9. If you don't have at least 15,000 rounds in each caliber (and 225,000 of .22LR), you're way behind the curve.

That's all you have ? Not enough [rofl]

Buy as much ammo as you can afford- I grab something usually every payday. It adds up quick.

Also, figure out a manual material handling plan......

I wear no tin foil hat- but I don't see the progressive libtards letting up at all, ever.

Literally nothing is going to happen. Gun laws have loosened tremendously over the last 30 years. Over the last few years, we've gone up to nine constitutional carry states and about to get a tenth. A bunch of states passed anti-gun-control laws since Sandy Hook as a response to Obama's BS. Even SCOTUS has been on our side. Gun bans are a leftist wet dream that simply isn't going to come to fruition any time soon, Hillary or otherwise.

I will share your enthusiasm when a majority of state legislatures start telling DC go pound it where the sun don't shine

I appreciate the insight and comments guys, lots to think about. I mentioned to my wife that .22LR might be tougher to come across in a few months and her reaction was "buy as much as you can cause if I can't goto the range because I don't have any ammo I am going to be ripshit" haha. She easily shoots through a few hundred rounds out of her 10/22 about twice a month or so when she tags along to the range

22LR will always be a bitch, that trend got started after sandy hook bs... plus the skinflints have all glommed onto that as the round of choice.

22LR will always be a bitch, that trend got started after sandy hook bs... plus the skinflints have all glommed onto that as the round of choice.

I think the bulk 12 g target load packs are the way to go for the apocalypse planning. A good pump is the swiss army of firearms

I think the bulk 12 g target load packs are the way to go for the apocalypse planning. A good pump is the swiss army of firearms

Yeah but it's not likely to be affected much by panic buying, either.

Yeah but it's not likely to be affected much by panic buying, either.

Yes, which is a good thing.

I usually grab a box or two of the milsurp buckshot when I can. Again I think the 12 g is the best investment for ammo if you will. Fudds will actually wince if it is threatened.

Back
Top Bottom