• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Palmetto State Armory...Any good??

Tackdriver VillenTactical

Dealer
NES Member
For those of you that have Palmetto State Armory brand uppers, lowers, barrels etc, is there stuff any good? What is it on par with? I have a BCG from them that appears to be well machined, nice finish, MPI, properly staked etc. but haven't used it or anything they make. I was thinking of one of their AR45s but don't want to be disappointed. So, for those of you with their ARs, how do you like them and what do they compare to?

Thanks, Dave

I bought one of their M4 barrels...it's a tack driver (with deference to the OP) [grin]

I've ordered a lot from them over time.

Before their name got around, you could get an order in less than a week from them. Now its about 2 weeks.

I've never had any issues with my orders, or with the quality of their products, including their AR uppers.

Their CHF barrels are FN barrels. Freedom are non-chrome lined, Wilson I believe, good quality especially for the price. PTAC line is low end, no experience with those. Freedom or CHF, are definitely GTG.

I've built a few rifles with their stuff. Good stuff for the money. I currently have the dissapater upper with the stainless barel. Very reliable and accurate. Everything I could ask for for $240. I plan to use more of their product in the future.

Pretty sure they don't make their own barrels. Uppers and lowers don't really matter, in my quite humble opinion.

They don't ship to CT either.

But, they do ship to GA, and I've got a couple of their uppers. Fair value for the money, no complaints.

For those of you that have Palmetto State Armory brand uppers, lowers, barrels etc, is there stuff any good?

I was thinking of one of their AR45s but don't want to be disappointed.

I'm not an AR guru but I do have one of their 9mm carbines, it's their proprietary lower that takes Glock mags.
I got a few cheap 33 round Asian made mags and the gun worked fine. The only problems I had were ammo related. My standard garden variety 125gr LRN target reload didn't have quite enough cajones to recock the hammer, but it did extract, eject and refill the chamber as intended. I switched to some low end factory 9mm FMJ and it ran like a champ, really lightweight and nearly recoil free. I'm confident that the 45 version is just as well engineered and will perform to satisfaction.

Before their name got around, you could get an order in less than a week from them. Now its about 2 weeks.

Don't know when your experience with them was, but I've made two orders this year and both were shipped within hours. Maybe I just got lucky, but I've had a very positive impression of their logistics.

Sent from my XT1575 using Tapatalk

Last edited:
I've spent a small fortune with them over the years. Their ARs are great. The only problem I've had was with a Gen1 AK47 barreled receiver. Total piece of garbage. Supposedly their Gen2 AKs are ok.

Their Black Friday/ Cyber Monday deals make buying a $400 AR a reality. I've bought two from them, one was their $400 PTAC AR 3 years ago and it's great for teaching people how to shoot and when it gets dropped I'm not that concerned. Also their D&H $6.99 mags have been 100% reliable and never had a jam after thousands of rounds through them.

Before buying from them, I suggest doing a google search: 'palmetto state armory credit card fraud'. It appears they have had some breaches in the past - not sure if they plugged up the holes yet or not.

Don't know when your experience with them was, but I've made two orders this year and both were shipped within hours. Maybe I just got lucky, but I've had a very positive impression of their logistics.

Sent from my XT1575 using Tapatalk

"What" you order and time of the year could affect order times. Last order I placed was about 1 year ago. It included ammo. That took about 2 weeks.

Have 2 AR's built from scratch, from them. They're a fine manufacturer, and their CHF barrels are really nice. Keep an eye for
daily deals/weekend sales, I got some nice bargains over the years. Like blemished lowers etc.
Oh, and their Thanksgiving sale is awesome!

I've built a few rifles out of their stuff, and had good luck with it. As said already, they have great holiday deals. Keep an eye out for July 4th sales, and watch for the bundles (mags/ammo, optics/ammo, optics/mags, etc...). You usually get the mags pretty much free.

I just saw this, if anybody is looking for ammo cans. Twelve .50 cal cans for $90, with free shipping.

http://palmettostatearmory.com/case-of-twelve-12-50-caliber-m2a1-ammo-cans.html

And I bought a ton of those $6.99 AR mags when I moved north last summer. They work great.

At the PSA in Greenville, SC right now and found out they won't even let an 07 FFL with FFL in hand buy any firearms in person from MA. Th
Grab a bunch of $100 bills from your pocket and use it as a fan while saying "boy oh boy I wish there was somewhere I could rid myself of all this"....morons

I just snagged a Gen2 AR10 upper and lower Saturday by watching the sales. The upper shipped out this morning. The lower will be waiting in the Greenville location for pickup, which is ten minutes from work.

$490.58 including sales tax. That's one thing I do miss about New Hampshire.

Grab a bunch of $100 bills from your pocket and use it as a fan while saying "boy oh boy I wish there was somewhere I could rid myself of all this"....morons

I'd have a hard time keeping a straight face. [lol]

Wow. Incredible fail.

It's almost like someone transplanted some MA to SC. Here I was, thinking that I left the leftist utopia of Greensboro, NC. behind this morning.

Tried to purchase a 7 round mag yesterday, when I hit place order a box came up saying" Do Not Ship To MA."

Back
Top Bottom