• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Owner of Riley's kicked police officers keys...

The officer arresting a man at the concord rally on Tuesday had dropped there keys, apparently the owner of Riley's kicked them away and started swearing at the police for arresting a protester.

I smell an ATF investigation coming on... Those brown shirts aren't going to allow the minions to rise up....

Intersting, Riley's had always been very pro law enforcement and even sponsored training at the recent New Hampshire Chiefs of Police Assn Conference and Trade Show in Manchester. They even have a separate showroom/store devoted to law enforcement.

Just goes to show you, if the story is true, how times and attitudes are changing.

Probably a false arrest, video taping cops, exercising the freedom of speech and/or assembly and you get arrested. It promptly gets thrown out in court - but a real headache.

The owner saw the whole thing and decided to do something. I also fear mark056 is right - it won't be long until the people see this and put a stop to it, cuff the officer and lock him in his own cruiser.

People have been pushed too far, the gov't doesn't listen - soon will be the time we make them listen.

i may have missed a post but was there alot of trouble at the rally? Still not back in the USA and was curious why the guy was getting arrested

I was raised to respect all police officers, but I don't anymore. It's a case by case basis, if you don't earn it you don't get it.

As was I but respect is earned not given and based on video of the ENTIRE event the concord nh officers that INSTIGATED the issue should be prosecuted for assault and battery

Concord PO have a reputation for this crap....seems like they are Manch wanna be's.......competing for least respected PD in NH right up there with Weare.

PS: And before someone accuses me of being "Anti Cop" that couldn't be further from the truth......I'm pro good officer/peacekeeper but anti JBT

Last edited:
I was raised to respect all police officers, but I don't anymore. It's a case by case basis, if you don't earn it you don't get it.

I couldn't agree more. When I was younger I thought the police were people who could be trusted and always did the right thing to help people, now I see that they have taken their power for granted and are quickly becoming the bad guys.

My son is very interested in a career in law enforcement. I don't care if I'm in a casket and buried, if he ever treats a person like that I'll come back from the dead and kick his ass. And he knows I don't make promises I can't keep.

They should be ashamed of themselves. I wonder if their parents know how they treat people.

:-(

I would hope that crowd gets together and demands everyone of those officers termination including pension.
I was raised in a family where my elders didn't trust banks or police. I hope they push for these officers to be held account table.
After watching that those officers must be proud. They also should relize if that man in the red shirt wanted to he could have taken all of them to the pavement and unleashed a old school whoop ass and all of them easily. Minus the guns and badges those cops would have been in rough shape just from that one guy.
It sad that it has come to this. My father at one point noticed the change from police officers to law enforcement officers ....his words....."that's just great so now their heads will be completely up their arses ".

Apart from the obvious -- and we are really past being surprised by just about anything these days -- note that police all over the country will watch this video and learn from it. They will conclude, as they always do, that they need more power and to exercise that power quickly when a situation starts to get out of control. The crowd was close, the struggle protracted, and the hostility to the police was intense. The officers here put themselves in a situation they could not control. It was only the restraint of the crowd that protected them.

Anyone who attends events like this, or makes any effort to protest in public, take note. The time will come when the slightest deviation from the norm, or the most benign of confrontations with authority, will result in the commoner being grossly overwhelmed with force applied with very quick effect. Above all else, the police will protect themselves and assert control.

Freedom of assembly, to protest, to speak -- these are all niceties we imagine we possess in a time of peace. The reality, particularly when one needs these liberties, is far different. The man arrested in this case acted with the confidence of a free man who did nothing wrong. That attitude can get you killed. Choose how you will, but know the consequences. Authority will not tolerate an absence of control. You may be right, you may be innocent, you may think you are free. None of that matters when law enforcement decides you are a problem, or wants to make you a problem.

Concord, that's in the "free state", right?

This. I thought this rally was in NH? Free state? Yea right. Those police want to take guns away just as much as the goons in the bus. Look how excited they were to take written statements after the incident.

It's too bad the keys didn't get kicked into the sewer. Those cops are L-O-S-E-R-S. How could anyone have any respect for them after seeing a video like that?

just watched that video....way over the top of unnecessary. That guy was a strong bastard and there was no way they were gonna cuff him. I thought for sure the crowd was gonna swell on the PO....

Apart from the obvious -- and we are really past being surprised by just about anything these days -- note that police all over the country will watch this video and learn from it. They will conclude, as they always do, that they need more power and to exercise that power quickly when a situation starts to get out of control. The crowd was close, the struggle protracted, and the hostility to the police was intense. The officers here put themselves in a situation they could not control. It was only the restraint of the crowd that protected them.

Anyone who attends events like this, or makes any effort to protest in public, take note. The time will come when the slightest deviation from the norm, or the most benign of confrontations with authority, will result in the commoner being grossly overwhelmed with force applied with very quick effect. Above all else, the police will protect themselves and assert control.

Freedom of assembly, to protest, to speak -- these are all niceties we imagine we possess in a time of peace. The reality, particularly when one needs these liberties, is far different. The man arrested in this case acted with the confidence of a free man who did nothing wrong. That attitude can get you killed. Choose how you will, but know the consequences. Authority will not tolerate an absence of control. You may be right, you may be innocent, you may think you are free. None of that matters when law enforcement decides you are a problem, or wants to make you a problem.

I agree 100%!

east-germany.jpg

just watched that video....way over the top of unnecessary. That guy was a strong bastard and there was no way they were gonna cuff him. I thought for sure the crowd was gonna swell on the PO....

I agree and wish that more people in the crowd had the balls that that guy did. Those cops would have been super screwed if there was even one more guy like that one they were trying to cuff because they could barely get the cuffs on AFTER tazing him! Honestly, I'm glad I was not present because I doubt that I would have been able to mmofb in that situation. I have a strong moral compass and what I saw on that video sent it spinning and made me want to puke so I can only imagine how it would have been if I knew that guy, or was close enough to see it go down.[frown]

Back
Top Bottom