Open Carry in MA?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well.

This is already getting spicy.

Do what you want, OP. But if you're asking for others' expertise, and they're providing it in good faith, you might not want to shit all over it, and them. Just a thought.

Well.

This is already getting spicy.

Do what you want, OP. But if you're asking for others' expertise, and they're providing it in good faith, you might not want to shit all over it, and them. Just a thought.
If you haven’t noticed, people who actually participated in the post were treated with the respect. The dummies were not. Thanks for not saying anything useful

Thanks for not saying anything useful

if you're asking for others' expertise, and they're providing it in good faith, you might not want to shit all over it, and them.
This, right here, was meant to be useful. And it certainly is, as you'll find out once you've been here longer than five months.

Good luck in your open-carry decisions.

As others have said. Legal but not advisable.

In MA people think guns have a mind of their own and that merely possessing one means you’re more likely to commit a crime or go on a shooting spree.

Depending where you were good chance someone will call 911 and report “man with a gun”. What happens from there is anyone’s guess.

There was a case several years ago of a reported man with a rifle at a mall. Total lock down. It was an umbrella. Maybe he looked like Burgess Meredith?

In MA people think guns have a mind of their own and that merely possessing one means you’re more likely to commit a crime or go on a shooting spree.

Depending where you were good chance someone will call 911 and report “man with a gun”. What happens from there is anyone’s guess.

There was a case several years ago of a reported man with a rifle at a mall. Total lock down. It was an umbrella. Maybe he looked like Burgess Meredith?
Appreciate you taking the time to respond

Didn’t someone local in MA call the police on some guy a few years ago who was dressed up as the star wars character boba fett on the subway? He had his toy gun strapped to his side.

Yes, legal to open carry in MA in non-prohibited spaces, but I can’t imagine going anywhere, in eastern mass anyway, where people wouldn’t automatically call the police and report a “gunman” on the loose.

It is legal. I’ve seen it in extreme moonbat towns in eastern MA and no one did or said anything. I assumed the person was an undercover cop, but he wasn’t. He advocates for open carry and that’s what he does. That’s the back story I was told anyway.

I think you should decide for yourself.

Reactions: AMV
Didn’t someone local in MA call the police on some guy a few years ago who was dressed up as the star wars character boba fett on the subway? He had his toy gun strapped to his side.

Yes, legal to open carry in MA in non-prohibited spaces, but I can’t imagine going anywhere, in eastern mass anyway, where people wouldn’t automatically call the police and report a “gunman” on the loose
Thanks for taking time to respond, i don’t plan on open carrying, but it would be nice to have a High sitting OWB holster for the winter months especially when I don’t need to deal with the discomfort of having it IWB. I intend on having it concealed but I wanted to make sure I wasn’t break any laws incase it does get noticed or seen

Reactions: TJ4
I asked my local PD during their "Citizens Police Academy" and they said it's kosher. If a Karen called them about your hog leg being on full display the cops would head over and assuming you are a normal human being just going about your business they would say "nice gun" and be on their way.

I asked my local PD during their "Citizens Police Academy" and they said it's kosher. If a Karen called them about your hog leg being on full display the cops would head over and assuming you are a normal human being just going about your business they would say "nice gun" and be on their way.
thank you for your response!

Open carry will never be accepted by the public unless people start to do it, if enough start to open carry it would make it a normal event and after some litigation some day it may be accepted as it is in the southern states. I don’t want to be the one to lead the movement though

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom