MA AR Build?

Not really. Plenty of soldiers have learned to use thirties just fine in the prone. ;)

I agree with your main point, though. If I were hunting with an AR, I'd put a twenty in there. They look better, feel better, and that's plenty of ammo.

The capacity/length ratio of aluminum 20s is better than 30s. Man, I love me some good ol’ 20 rounders.

The capacity/length ratio of aluminum 20s is better than 30s. Man, I love me some good ol’ 20 rounders.

20 rounders look like they hold about ten. They’re really handy especially for shooting prone or working up a new load on something like a lead sled. It’s crazy how much shorter they are.

People are getting hung up on the guy wanting an AR for hunting. The beauty is that when you’re not hunting with it, it can be used for home defense and more.

So yeah, preban mags are still a good thing.

@ItsBildo , listen to @CrackPot .

But if you want the adjustability of a telescoping stock, you don’t even need to pin it at a shop though. You can replace the spring loaded adjuster with a bolt and a custom nut. They’re available for USGI style adjusters and Magpul style from Aimsport. The USGI one also works in B5 Sopmod stocks and some other companies too. I haven’t used the Magpul one, but with the USGI one, you can just unscrew it, put the nut in a different spot and screw it back in. The pain is when initially installing it the roll pin holding the spring loaded bolt in place is a bitch to get out.

USGI: AR M4 STOCK LOCKING PIN

Magpul: STOCK LOCKING PIN for [Magpul stock]
How would you typically pin the retractable pdw stocks? (Like the HK or Sig one)

Attachments

• stock-x-collapsible-blk-web-med-4 (1).jpg
    stock-x-collapsible-blk-web-med-4 (1).jpg
    18.5 KB · Views: 4
How would you typically pin the retractable pdw stocks? (Like the HK or Sig one)
I would need to have it in my hands for a definitive answer. If it is possible to disable the "button" that allows the mechanism to work, that is usually the first choice. Another option can be spot welding. But without it in hand I cannot tell.

Sig we pin the telescoping and spot weld the folder. HK MR556/762 we disable the mechanism by inserting a filler piece. SCAR 16/17 we disable both mechanisms with filler pieces. There is a list of go to techniques one of which usually works.

I would need to have it in my hands for a definitive answer. If it is possible to disable the "button" that allows the mechanism to work, that is usually the first choice. Another option can be spot welding. But without it in hand I cannot tell.

Sig we pin the telescoping and spot weld the folder. HK MR556/762 we disable the mechanism by inserting a filler piece. SCAR 16/17 we disable both mechanisms with filler pieces. There is a list of go to techniques one of which usually works.
The b&t collapsing stocks for HKs are tricky. Spot welding seems like a good option.

The b&t collapsing stocks for HKs are tricky. Spot welding seems like a good option.
it really is case by case what approach works best. If we can get into the mechanism and disable it, that is always preferable. I hate drilling or welding if I can avoid doing so. But sometimes a spot weld does the trick and does not look bad and can be ground off if you move.

Just get a Mini-14
But that's not tacti-cool! /s

Back
Top Bottom