Officially a Handgunner

Shot my first handgun deer today.
I had to pass up some shots this season but got one just before dark tonight.
I used my Ruger Redhawk .44 mag with Lee 310gr cast wheelweight bullets.
One shot. Dropped it on the spot at about 25 yards. I hit a little higher than I was aiming.
As I was taking up the slack, my phone in my breast pocket vibrated (wife sending a message) and threw my whole mental game as the shot went off. I was relieved to see the deer drop!
To show how pissed I was at the phone, while I was getting ready to lift the deer onto my ATV, I allowed the phone to fall out of my pocket and right into the gutpile. Now it turns off and on all by itself. Looks like it won't be an issue next season [wink]

Thanks. Having shot them with rifle, shotgun, bow and now handgun, I have to figure out if I'll use blackpowder next year or the newly legal crossbow.
Tuesday I pick up the deer from the cutters......
BACKSTRAPS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Yum

what about black powder handgun?
say a nice new army 1858 in .44 ?

or even...
here's a link to a guy in KY that hunts with a big bore airgun.
http://www.adventuresinairguns.com/Whitetail2006.html

I checked and hunting in Maine with an airgun is legal

Thanks. Having shot them with rifle, shotgun, bow and now handgun, I have to figure out if I'll use blackpowder next year or the newly legal crossbow.
Tuesday I pick up the deer from the cutters......
BACKSTRAPS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Yum

I'd like to try IDPA but I tie all of my free money to Service Rifle and Highpower.
My cutter lives here in Bowdoin, too. Butcher Brothers.
Update on the phone....
... after tweezing and picking gunk out of the large void in the bottom and letting it dry out....
IT LIVES
The deer is still dead though [smile]

Back
Top Bottom