• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

NYPD Officer NOT Indicted for Chokehold Death of Eric Garner

Its like if you threw someone off the Brooklyn Bridge, it wouldn't be your fault they died cause they would die from water. They should have learned how to high dive. And swim.

Seriously, Hush? Feelings over facts?

There is ****ing video evidence of abuse of Power over something as benign as RESELLING cigarettes. Why the **** should the cigs be taxed AGAIN? AND NO I DON'T CARE IF THEY WERE STOLEN.

Only a lowlife with a power fetish would enforce such a bullshit law and kill a man in the process.

Not only did he kill him in probably the most revivable way. A little CPR and he probably would have been fine but they just stood by!!!

Actually, no.

On TV, CPR works almost all the time. In reality, it usually doesn't work.

Research generally suggests that about 40 percent of patients who receive CPR after experiencing cardiac arrest in a hospital survive immediately after being resuscitated, and only 10 to 20 percent survive long enough to be discharged.

Full text here: http://well.blogs.nytimes.com/2014/07/17/the-cpr-we-dont-see-on-tv/

Results are undoubtedly worse for patients who receive CPR after experiencing cardiac arrest outside of the hospital. No, I'm not saying that they should not have performed CPR -- they should have. But it isn't correct to say that if they had done CPR he would be alive today. Chances are, even if they had performed CPR, he would still have died (or, perhaps more accurately, he would have remained dead).

Note that while 40% in the hospital are revived by CPR, only 10-20% actually live long enough to be discharged. So most of those who are revived by CPR still die in the hospital.

Last edited:
The piece of shit cop committed ****ing murder... over cigarettes.
+1

Don't ever ask me to be part of a jury to defend a cop. Unless I know you personally, you're automatically guilty before proven innocent. That's how cops view us civilians; it's only fair that it goes both ways....

These same cops, if they were in a fight and losing, I'd bring popcorn. [popcorn]

Flame on, statists [rofl2]

Ahh, the "statist" label being thrown around yet again for a difference of opinion.

Typical liberal behavior; call names when you don't agree with me.

F'ing pathetic.

Ahh, the "statist" label being thrown around yet again for a difference of opinion.

Typical liberal behavior; call names when you don't agree with me.

F'ing pathetic.

Slight change to your post and:

"Ahh, the "liberal" label being thrown around yet again for a difference of opinion. Call names when you don't agree. F'ing pathetic. "

I'm not sure if you were going for irony or not but if so, you nailed it.

I love ringworms made up "facts" [rofl]

< shrug> c'est la vie. tell me I'm wrong that the majority of cops look upon civilians with anything less than an option-for-arrest? We're the bad guys to cops. It's how they're trained, plain and simple. "Fer der safety"....

Lately, we're just now been giving the opportunity to witness how far cops like to go, are willing to go, and are willing to lie for each other....and they don't like that.

< shrug> c'est la vie. tell me I'm wrong that the majority of cops look upon civilians with anything less than an option-for-arrest? We're the bad guys to cops. It's how they're trained, plain and simple. "Fer der safety"....

Lately, we're just now been giving the opportunity to witness how far cops like to go, are willing to go, and are willing to lie for each other....and they don't like that.

you sir ARE WRONG !!!!!!! I happen to have police in my family AND have some LEO friends, they are NOT trained to look down on civilians, I will say there are SOME bad apples in the bunch but NOT ALL, police are trained to protect and serve and that's it, obviously you have a problem with authority, if your told to do something by a cop DO IT without question and things will go smoothly, it's simple realy follow orders, I've met cops who didn't know me from adam and they were the nicest people you'd want to meet

you sir ARE WRONG !!!!!!! I happen to have police in my family AND have some LEO friends, they are NOT trained to look down on civilians, I will say there are SOME bad apples in the bunch but NOT ALL, police are trained to protect and serve and that's it, obviously you have a problem with authority, if your told to do something by a cop DO IT without question and things will go smoothly, it's simple realy follow orders, I've met cops who didn't know me from adam and they were the nicest people you'd want to meet

"police are trained to protect and serve and that's it,"

WUT? Dude, they even removed that from their patrol cars and SCOTUS has repeatedly ruled that is not their responsibility.

I love the Nazi "its simple follow orders" and you will live comment though: That there is pure fascist gold. Only we have plenty of video illustrating that not to be the case.

Are they all fascist pricks like you suggest? Nope, I have several friends who are almost normal people and there are at least two on this forum. I would say perhaps 10% approach normal respectability, 50% and indifferent, and 40% are complete power-hungry bully bigots who should not be allowed to put on a uniform.

Obey and get on your knees, slave.....that's what you're telling us? Interesting......

Like Eurie Stamps?
Like Kelly Thomas?
Like Oscar Grant?
Like Daniel Rodrigo Saenz?
Like Virgil Woodson? (not murdered, but cop put gun in the minor's mouth and threatened murder)
Like Anthony Jackson (beaten in his wheelchair)
Like Charles Smith in Savannah?

It's a small list of handcuffed folks the cops still decided to murder. But hey, their badge protected them. And don't tell me their menial 1 year probation crap vies as a valid "punishment". These cops deserve to hang, nothing less. But their buddies and their "brothers" and their DA's continue to protect them via t he Thin Blue Line.

And until these cops are in jail for murder, I will trust the four I know personally. The rest can FOAD...

So cops get to order us around and we best comply or else, right?

Sounds a lot like slavery to me.

Sent from my C6530 using Tapatalk

Alright, Whose sock puppet is this?

WOW ! I can't believe you people have NO RESPECT for the law, which is what I'm reading, I'll pray for you all that if you ever have contact with the police it doesn't turn out bad

WOW ! I can't believe you people have NO RESPECT for the law, which is what I'm reading, I'll pray for you all that if you ever have contact with the police it doesn't turn out bad

That's cute. You must be new here.

You know how to get real respect? Start with respect for others.

You do realize that a blue super suit, or ill-fitted swat gear, does not imply that the wearer is some n'er-do-wrong example of moral fortitude?

Maybe you've also missed the many daily examples of police abuse and corruption?

You can always who is still butthurt over a speeding ticket, or getting yelled at by a cop when they were a teenager. It's the "Ill show them, I'll pretend to be cool on the Internet" type.

Just some notes:

There is a difference between victim and victimless crimes.

A choke hold is illegal. They are forbidden. The reason, people tend to die when they are used.

Someone committing a crime should be judged first, not killed.

Selling loose cigarettes in front of a corner store is stupid - pick somewhere else and they will think you are selling weed and leave you alone.

A choke hold is illegal. They are forbidden. The reason, people tend to die when they are used.

Not illegal, against the policy of NYPD.

And no... People don't die from them. They go unconscious.

I think the UFC would have a few issues on their hands if chokes were killing people...

Not illegal, against the policy of NYPD.

And no... People don't die from them. They go unconscious.

I think the UFC would have a few issues on their hands if chokes were killing people...

Nobody dies from chokeholds? Tell that to Jonathan Sanders. Oh wait, you can't, he's dead.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2015/07/14/kevin-herrington-mississippi-cop_n_7796614.html

Sanders, 39, a resident of Stonewall, Mississippi, died last Wednesday after allegedly being placed in a chokehold by Officer Kevin Herrington, attorneys C.J. Lawrence and Chokwe Lumumba told The Huffington Post on Tuesday.

Sanders, who trained horses and was often seen riding around in a horse-drawn buggy, was at a gas station with one of his animals at about 10 p.m. Wednesday when he saw an altercation between Herrington and another white man, whom Sanders knew. According to Lawrence, Sanders approached them and asked Herrington to leave the other man alone.

A witness told the attorneys that after Sanders left, Herrington allegedly said, "I'm gonna get that n****r."

The three witnesses in the home told the attorneys the officer would not release his grip. At the time, the witnesses said, they were not aware that the man in the officer's grip was Sanders, their relative.

One of the witnesses, who works as a correctional officer in Stonewall, came out to confront Herrington, allegedly asking the officer to let Sanders go. Herrington told the correctional officer that Sanders had reached for his gun, according to the attorneys.

The correctional officer repeatedly asked Herrington to let Sanders go so that the correctional officer could perform CPR on him, but Herrington allegedly declined, according to testimony.
Sanders was allegedly placed in a chokehold for more than 20 minutes before EMTs arrived.
Sanders was dead by the time help arrived, the attorneys said.

Witnesses said that before his death, Sanders repeatedly said "I can't breathe," according to the attorneys.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom