• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

NYC Councilwoman Is Packing Heat

What does the average nyc cuck with no political connections have to do to get a nyc carry permit? Do you still have to donate to your local police precinct?

From the article - "New York State’s concealed-carry license also requires four character references, a list of former and current social media accounts for the last three years, an in-person interview, and disclosure of an applicant’s spouse or domestic partner as well as any other adults residing in the home."

Yes, the training req's managing to be both excessive and apparently inadequate is what one might expect in NYC. (Yeah, the belt's dumb.)The Bruen-breaking references and social media accounts B.S. Read who's getting their permits. Read what their stated reasons are. Read about the pent-up demand revealed post Bruen.

Now, ask yourself; Should some of the MA liberals maybe see this piece and they find out the hard way more of their constituents would be unhappy with their upcoming post-Bren tantrum than they think.

I'll say it until it works: If you want your 2A rights before waiting years for courts to shake it all out, learn to embrace the demographics that don't fit the 'Conservative white guy" profile and partner with them to advocate for your rights. Stop emboldening the lunatic fringe.

If the more radical far right folks happen to become more accepting, easy to get along with, happier people in the process, maybe we can live with that side effect.

I'm more concerned about the woman who took a 3-day 18 hour training class while 9 months pregnant. Good for her for getting training, but the noise is horrible for the baby and it will likely have hearing damage as a result.

I'm more concerned about the woman who took a 3-day 18 hour training class while 9 months pregnant. Good for her for getting training, but the noise is horrible for the baby and it will likely have hearing damage as a result.
The class may have used 22's. Better than a 9mm blast.

"For a city where obtaining a license to carry a firearm was once, not that long ago, almost impossible, a surprising number of NYC residents — 17% — have bought a gun in the past year, according to a July Siena poll."

[bs]

Either thousands of people are lying or Siena is BS, or both. 17%?

.17 x 8.4 million = 1,428,000 Color me skeptical.

From the article - "New York State’s concealed-carry license also requires four character references, a list of former and current social media accounts for the last three years, an in-person interview, and disclosure of an applicant’s spouse or domestic partner as well as any other adults residing in the home."

This is perhaps the most concerning statement in that article in my opinion. It sounds/smells like "suitability".

I suspect that if I lived in NY, my postings here on NES, (I don't do FaceBook, Twitter, InstaGram, etc), would be sufficient in some people's eyes to deem me unsuitable.

Back
Top Bottom