NY attorney General bans the sale of 80% lowers

Thanks for the advice Rob, so now the machinists as finished my lower for me, where do I dispose of his body.

Shallow graves are the leading cause of serial killers capture.

The origin of the idiom “Six feet under”.
It was during the Great Plague of London in 1665 that the origin of the idiom “six feet under” came to be. With 20 percent of London’s population succumbing to the Bubonic plague, the death rate had reached over 8,000 per week. The disease continued to sweep the country due in part to the shallow graves that bodies were buried in, or so they believed at the time.

In an effort to limit the outbreak, The Lord Mayor of London enacted a series of rules in regard to the plague, which included a mandate that all graves be buried a minimum of six feet deep.

Slightly off topic, but related...
> Whats the expected lifespan for the average jig? Metal ones, not polymer.
> I would think that youre shaving a tiny bit off the jig even though the bearing surface is hardened. After some number of lowers, youre outside the specs. Is this accurate?
> Does the quality differ much from one company to the next?

The 5D uses pin guides, not the spinning cutter shank as a guide - I would bet in this application thousands. The older modulus that used the spinning cutter shank would probably be at least 100, and if you get some WD40 on the edges and keep it reasonably clean it should go hundreds.

The 5D uses pin guides, not the spinning cutter shank as a guide - I would bet in this application thousands. The older modulus that used the spinning cutter shank would probably be at least 100, and if you get some WD40 on the edges and keep it reasonably clean it should go hundreds.
Thousands. That's enough to supply a small army. 🤔

But you still have a massive paper trail since you are buying over the internet, paying by CC or equivalent and having shipped. You want a local store front where you can go pay cash, no?
I agree, if you are going through the trouble to finish a 80% lower to keep it off the books, then a local shop is your best bet.
Does anyone know of a local shop that carries 80% lowers? Boston area, Metro west, Southern NH.

I agree, if you are going through the trouble to finish a 80% lower to keep it off the books, then a local shop is your best bet.
Does anyone know of a local shop that carries 80% lowers? Boston area, Metro west, Southern NH.

I haven't seen any save for gunshows and usually the markup ain't worth it. On one hand you got people skinflinting, on another you got people wanting all kinds of gay ass shit like markings and coatings, so no one is ever happy.

The last group buy on AR 80% was that epic story many years ago that's worth of Tolstoi's pen. It had greed, drama, sex, shit it was far better than Mandalorian (which is better any of the Disney crap)

Slightly off topic, but related...
> Whats the expected lifespan for the average jig? Metal ones, not polymer.
> I would think that youre shaving a tiny bit off the jig even though the bearing surface is hardened. After some number of lowers, youre outside the specs. Is this accurate?
> Does the quality differ much from one company to the next?

I think a lot of it depends on how careful one is when using it and what tools you are using. Someone doing it with a hand drill and not having the whole jig solidly clamped down is going to wear it out after a handful or so. Someone with a drill press and a mounted machinist vise who makes sure everything it square and level and centered might not wear it out for hundreds or thousands. Will also depend on the drill and milling bits you use, keeping them clean and replacing before they get too dull. For the bits I have heard everything from 5-50 before replacing. Going slow and cleaning out the chips etc will probably make a big difference.

I keep thinking there is room in the market for a shop that sells "everything but guns". In other words, you can buy barrels, triggers, sights, scopes, holsters, grips, clothing, ammunition, and everything else that doesn't require the expensive and red tape creating required licenses and accompanying paperwork. I guess maybe 80% frames of various types might also fall under that. All legal, all simple and easy, except maybe the ammunition permit part, but if too much hassle, just leave that off.

Back
Top Bottom