NY attorney General bans the sale of 80% lowers

IANAL, but it sounds good. You may already know this, but make sure if you're milling it to include the semi auto block unless you're doing an NFA. Otherwise, I believe the ATF considers it a FA receiver.
Here is an 80% UZI "repair section" with the block already installed.
UZI Repair Section
I am thinking about doing an uzi build in Ma. I have the capability to make a milled receiver from scratch. I would do a wood stock, no bayonet lug, and non threaded barrel. I'm thinking that this would fly in Ma. What say you all?

5D is based in MA. the owner Andy is very friendly and knowledgeable. in terms of jigs and hardware, his design is so superior that the competitors have copied him (and are being sued). There are multiple reasons to give him the business.

the lowers themselves one can procure from many sources. if youre new then stick with 6061. 7075 is not easy to cut. further 6061 is more corrosion resistant its actually a great alloy.
They have a storefront you can walk in and pay cash?

Just remember the machinist cannot give you ANY help (legally) unless you are an 07. That and the mantras of "do it once, do it alone, don't talk about it" or alternatively "two men can keep a secret if one of them is dead" come to mind.

I'm sure as hell not killing someone over a lower!

Just remember the machinist cannot give you ANY help (legally) unless you are an 07.

IIRC you can't even do it on someone else's tools/tooling, it has to be 100% your own stuff. Is that right, or am I mistaken? That was BATFE's response to "build parties" where people were renting out time on a preprogrammed CNC machine where all the "builder" did was press the green "Go" button. Now you can't even go over to your buddy's house where he has a drill press and a router even if you do all the stuff yourself. Sucks for people who live in rented apartments. :(

IIRC you can't even do it on someone else's tools/tooling, it has to be 100% your own stuff. Is that right, or am I mistaken? That was BATFE's response to "build parties" where people were renting out time on a preprogrammed CNC machine where all the "builder" did was press the green "Go" button. Now you can't even go over to your buddy's house where he has a drill press and a router even if you do all the stuff yourself. Sucks for people who live in rented apartments. :(
I am not certain but I think the issue was that someone else did the gcode design/setup; tool head setup, machine maintenance (lubrication, etc.) and thus you were not the real "builder". Nobody using common English would consider pushing one button to be building something, any more than a medical student an attending instructed to push "fire" on a Laser the retinal surgeon setup could claim to have personally performed the surgery.

Scrimination! Rayciss!

Here's what the ATF has to say:

That's from 2015, I was unable to find anything more recent.

this thread title should be where the f*** do I find cheapest ass 80% receivers.

$29.95

"light blem" ... whatever it means, probably the dick symbol did not come out right.

$32.99 is both a good price and I sign of epic irony considering they are also selling Anderson "stripped" lowers for $29.99 :(

🐯
The stripped lowers have to get sent to an FFL who then does a transfer and collects a fee close to the selling price. The 80% is significantly lower cost in that context.

But you still have a massive paper trail since you are buying over the internet, paying by CC or equivalent and having shipped. You want a local store front where you can go pay cash, no?

The stripped lowers have to get sent to an FFL who then does a transfer and collects a fee close to the selling price. The 80% is significantly lower cost in that context.

I understand the process - I am simply amused by the counter intuitiveness of paying more for less of the same thing.

But you still have a massive paper trail since you are buying over the internet, paying by CC or equivalent and having shipped. You want a local store front where you can go pay cash, no?

If someone was doing something against the law they might worry, but if it was against the law they would be wise not to do it.

That said, you are quite right about dealing locally and in cash when possible just out of GP.

🐯

Last edited:

I think that there are so many people buying 80% lowers, in big quantities that it's becoming a white noise. If you try to use that list for any sort of confiscation etc. it would be pointless. You probably need to create a special agency to just parse through all the data, besides there are so many other things that theoretically put you on radar like ammo or parts purchases.

Just remember the machinist cannot give you ANY help (legally) unless you are an 07. That and the mantras of "do it once, do it alone, don't talk about it" or alternatively "two men can keep a secret if one of them is dead" come to mind.
Thanks for the advice Rob, so now the machinists as finished my lower for me, where do I dispose of his body.

Back
Top Bottom