NRA News Conference at 11:00 AM Fri. (TODAY) Will broadcast on NRA website.

I've been pissed at the NRA since what they did to NH. But, if they grow a pair and do the right thing here I will send them a one time donation and include a letter for why I am supporting them again so long as they take a hard stance to fight this legislation at all costs and do not back down on it.

here goes another.... how do these people get into a conference like this.. Does the media put them in?

Yes.

Their security totally sucks. How are they letting protesters into this? Isn't it just media?

No, it's supposed to be. We've seen this numerous times over the years. Only for some reason we only see it when the speaker or cause is conservative. The media is not our friend. The NRA knows that, which is why they've invested so much in on line media. They are bypassing the filters and taking their message directly to the people. Stunts like this are why they don't trust media, and why you shouldn't either. Not that you do. ;)

[cerberus];2758155 said:
Yeah I saw the chick in red setting up things before it started. She used her press pass to get in.

The media is the enemy. Keep that in mind all the time if you have to deal with them.

Love his "if you value kids more than money put security in schools like or more than banks". Don't debate legislation that will not work for the sake of every child in America. National School Safety Shield Program led by Asa Hutchinson.

As I said in my previous post, it all depends on who's raising the children. I played violent video games (including Doom) from a young age, and still enjoy playing violent games (really looking forward to the new Dead Island). To me they are just that: games, fiction, something that doesn't/shouldn't happen in real life. From as young as I can remember, my parents and grandparents taught me right from wrong, fantasy from reality. Running around shooting zombies or aliens or whatever in a game is fiction, it does not transition over to reality any more than a cartoon about a talking animals.

I agree, throwing the game, and movie industries under the bus is not a sound way to go. People need to take responsibility for their own actions, not say "I did it because I played COD!". WTF, we all grew up watching Roadrunner and other cartoon violence, but how many of us tried to enact that shit in real life?

The media never listes. They will print whatever they want tomorrow and still call for a new AWB. They don't give a shit and never will.

I agree, throwing the game, and movie industries under the bus is not a sound way to go. People need to take responsibility for their own actions, not say "I did it because I played COD!". WTF, we all grew up watching Roadrunner and other cartoon violence, but how many of us tried to enact that shit in real life?

I don't really think that is what he was getting at. I would say his point was to say that these things make killing easy because it has become "normal"

Yep. Glad to see it's only you that's going to be getting bent over [rofl]

hey hey hey don't get too excited, i said if they said to tell everyone to shove the legislation.

however i am enjoying most of what i see here. DHS/DEA/etc. i am not entirely comfortable with, but i am listening right now.

The video game/movie/music rant in the middle seems so out of place, everything else he said was right on.

Great points, and it makes sense. Lets see how those gun grabbers defend against even thinking about something like this.

[cerberus];2758230 said:
I don't really think that is what he was getting at. I would say his point was to say that these things make killing easy because it has become "normal"

Well, his point is bogus. Someone predisposed to killing will be that way with or without violent media. I play lots of games and watch plenty of violent movies, and I have never felt that killing is "normal".

This is really the best performance ive ever seen the NRA give. What a great idea.

Instead of squabbling over legislation, they are presenting a real solution to a present problem in a concise, professional manner.

That said, someone needs to listen :\

The media never listes. They will print whatever they want tomorrow and still call for a new AWB. They don't give a shit and never will.

This. But hopefully they will learn to just suck it up and report what actually was said today. You will see quotes and clips of this in the news and be sure to write everyone you can.

People are buying up everything AR related. Why ? Because they want to defend their lives and the lives of their family! They aren't commiting horrible acts, they're law abiding citizens that believe in protecting ones own self and not relying on anyone else. You can't get more American than what is going on in the firearms community recently.

Sent from my POS iPhone

SO MUCH WIN!

ETA: i lost the feed as well. had to reload so i missed part of Wayne's speech.

"independent of federal funding" SCORE!!!! F/U LAME STREAM MEDIA!

Back
Top Bottom