NRA News Conference at 11:00 AM Fri. (TODAY) Will broadcast on NRA website.

The National Rifle Association exists to assist the manufacturers of guns and gun-related accoutrements in selling guns and gun-related accoutrements to people. That is their job, summed up, in its entirety.The NRA are lobbyists who represent a bunch of gun retailers, and this is what lobbyists do -- they help their clients sell their products. And every action that LaPierre took today can and should be viewed through that prism.......

My god, you're right.... its those damn corporations again. How did I not see it? They're just out there trying to sell me GUNS. What have I been doing! I don't need all these guns! I don't want all these guns! Quick, someone get me in to [STRIKE=re-education camp]re-education camp[/STRIKE] rehab! What have I done with my life?!

How was that for rational discourse? Did I do OK?

My god, you're right.... its those damn corporations again. How did I not see it? They're just out there trying to sell me GUNS. What have I been doing! I don't need all these guns! I don't want all these guns! Quick, someone get me in to [STRIKE=re-education camp]re-education camp[/STRIKE] rehab! What have I done with my life?!

This is nothing new. Rollerball teams, named after the cities in which they are based, are owned by the various global corporations. Energy Corporation sponsors the Houston team. The game is a substitute for all current team sports and for warfare. While its ostensible purpose is entertainment, Mr. Bartholomew, a high-level executive of the Energy Corporation, describes it as a sport designed to show the futility of individual effort.

Same here, just bought a rifle this week, clearly I've been brainwashed by the NRA and the evil gun manufacturers.

I hope some one cracks down on the gun companies, I'm so sick of them putting out all these guns. Maybe if we can force the NRA to disband, the dems can finally do what is right.

Look at the front page of the new York post today. Wow.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Look at the front page of the new York post today. Wow.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Saw that, they are calling the NRA speech a "bizarre rant," everyone thought the NRA was going to side with "average gun owners" and call for an immediate ban on AWs. I know some FUDDs were really upset "I don't want to be lumped in with these lunatics that own machine guns."

I'm loving it, good for the NRA, maybe they do get it after all!

Nice try, but I'd give you at best a D-. The issue raised isn't whether or not YOU who bought a gun is brainwashed or not. The issue raised is what happens if public pressure brought against the manufacturers to disassociate themselves from the NRA happens. The effort to do just that is being made. Considering how small a percentage of actual gun owners in the US actually belong to the NRA, it's an approach that has a logical basis.

Now try commenting again and maybe you'll pull yourself up to a sold D. [laugh2]

people equating security in schools to having more guns make no sense

if someone is shooting up a school do you not call police because they have guns and bringing in more guns is bad?

I don't necessarily agree with putting cops in schools. We don't need to expand the places where the police are. The problem is cops have to uphold the law. All of the laws. You will end up with kids beat up, maced, tased, and in some cases shot by the cops who are there to protect them. Often over very very small matters that escalate out of control. (Hey, put down that joint. kid resists, cop beats the crap out of him, maces him, and/or tases him. Remember if a cop orders compliance over even a very minor issue, and you refuse, you could be at the bad end of a taser)

Armed teachers are a much better alternative. Their scope is very simply to intervene in life and death matters. They will not intimidate students or parents.

And no, they won't shoot dogs. (it had to be said).

The other thing is that arming teachers would be more effective against a murderous madman. A murderer planning something like this would simply need to plan to kill the cop first. In the case of an armed teacher, he wouldn't know who the "sheepdog" was. Same concept as a Federal Air Marshal.

Don

...Wayne's most important message has been lost in the outrage over the video game accusation and the armed guard suggestion.
That message was that gun-free zones are a really bad idea and in fact increase the danger.

This bears repeating.

Saw that, they are calling the NRA speech a "bizarre rant," everyone thought the NRA was going to side with "average gun owners" and call for an immediate ban on AWs. I know some FUDDs were really upset "I don't want to be lumped in with these lunatics that own machine guns."

I'm loving it, good for the NRA, maybe they do get it after all!

I said that as well. The news/media were anticipating all week the Friday conference, and I'm guessing they were thinking it was gonna be when the NRA finally caves in on gun control. When they didn't, the press freaked out, and continues to do so.

This bears repeating.

I said that as well. The news/media were anticipating all week the Friday conference, and I'm guessing they were thinking it was gonna be when the NRA finally caves in on gun control. When they didn't, the press freaked out, and continues to do so.
Do you have any source to back up the contention that new/media were anticipating that the NRA would "cave" (whatever that might mean) on gun control. Maybe I missed it, but I don't recall any speculation other than that they might come to the table to talk. That became a possibility ,however unlikely, after some of their long time Congressional support backpedaled on gun control.

Do you have any source to back up the contention that new/media were anticipating that the NRA would "cave" (whatever that might mean) on gun control. Maybe I missed it, but I don't recall any speculation other than that they might come to the table to talk. That became a possibility ,however unlikely, after some of their long time Congressional support backpedaled on gun control.

Huh? Do you read any newspapers or watch any of the major TV networks?

The NRA's statement has been met with absolute shock by the main stream press. Heck, the cover of the post today says in huge, all cap letters "GUN NUT" with a picture of Wayne. They all thought the NRA was going to support an new AWB and can't believe that instead that the NRA gave a "bizarre rant."

24607052.jpg

^SigNation gave me a rep point for this. [troll] [pot]

same here. He neg repped me too. What a d-bag troll! How is it that non-members can even access the rep sytem anyway?

This was a setup from the beginning - the police knew who was 'carrying' and where they were in the room. Pretty sure that the people that were 'carrying' hadn't had classes (like most of us) they were just kids that answered the question as yes they would like a gun.

All you need to know about the 'news shows':

Chevy pickup exploding - with the help of the igniter.
George W Bush National Guard Story - 'typed' document from 1972?, proportionally spaced and super-script.

There were a couple other big ones - but they escape me currently.

Huh? Do you read any newspapers or watch any of the major TV networks?

The NRA's statement has been met with absolute shock by the main stream press. Heck, the cover of the post today says in huge, all cap letters "GUN NUT" with a picture of Wayne. They all thought the NRA was going to support an new AWB and can't believe that instead that the NRA gave a "bizarre rant."

No, we are discussing predictions of what the NRA would say in the period BEFORE the Friday press conference. Actually, there wasn't even a press conference. There was a one way speech/presentation.

That some press outlets referred to the NRA in highly derrogatory terms does not substantiate the assertion that the press predicted that the NRA would cave in on gun control. I did not see any predictions in the mainstream press to the contrary.

Sent from my Barnes & Noble Nook Tablet using Tapatalk 2

Last edited:
Start watching at 3:44 and see if you can comprehend. [rolleyes]

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/3036697/ns/msnbc-hardball_with_chris_matthews#50274462
Then go crawl back in your hole! [rofl]

First of all, the piece you mention was post-NRA presentation, not pre as has been claimed. If YOU bother to listen to the tape again, the commentator made no prediction of the NRA caving in. There a particular word this one commentator used post-presentation that/is the key. Watch it again and see if you spot it. :) I don't know of the press predicting that the NRA would cave in as opposed to saying it/would be in their/interests to compromise. That may be the problem. The NRA has painted itself to into a veritable corner from which it play its hand. At least Wayne will likely get more help from Ted, now that he's off Discovery Channel. ;)

First of all, the piece you mention was post-NRA presentation, not pre as has been claimed. If YOU bother to listen to the tape again, the commentator made no prediction of the NRA caving in. There a particular word this one commentator used post-presentation that/is the key. Watch it again and see if you spot it. :) I don't know of the press predicting that the NRA would cave in as opposed to saying it/would be in their/interests to compromise. That may be the problem. The NRA has painted itself to into a veritable corner from which it play its hand. At least Wayne will likely get more help from Ted, now that he's off Discovery Channel. ;)

Painted itself into a corner? We get it you want an AWB and you are butt-hurt that the NRA did cave as everyone expected them to (for a source see every major newspaper in the country). Go clean your .22

I wonder what the reaction here and in Congress from the Republicans would be if our African-American president had proposed placing armed guards in every elementary school in the US at a now estimated cost of $14 billion per year with no plan on how to pay for the program. Flip. [rolleyes]

Back
Top Bottom