NRA News Conference at 11:00 AM Fri. (TODAY) Will broadcast on NRA website.

This. Please. I was playing Doom II when I was 3 years old and that began my video game career. I've killed countless hookers, cops, gang members, and plain old citizens in the GTA series since III came out in the late 90s I think. It doesn't promote violence at all, if anything it just plays out taboo situations that you would never do in real life. Other than this, NRA did a fantastic job.

Sent from my POS iPhone

exactly Cold, I am an avid gamer as well and have played many a violent game and in no way has it made me want to do something crazy

Watching our local ABC news, it seems the press conference was all about a protester with some guy in the back ground peering over the top of a sign. My shocked face[shocked]! Is it any wonder why we are loosing the PR battle? Better image management is needed, should have been prepared for these asshats.

The rights stated in the Declaration of Independence are "unalienable" which is different from "inalienable"...WAY different.

We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness...

"Unalienable: incapable of being alienated, that is, sold and transferred." Black's Law Dictionary, Sixth Edition, page 1523: YOU CAN NOT SURRENDER, sell or transfer unalienable rights, they are a gift from the creator to the individual and can not under any circumstances be surrendered or taken. All individual's have unalienable rights.

Inalienable rights: Rights which are not capable of being surrendered or transferred without the consent of the one possessing such rights. Morrison v. State, Mo. App., 252 S.W.2d 97, 101. YOU CAN SURRENDER, sell or transfer inalienable rights if you consent either actually or constructively. Inalienable rights are not inherent in man and can be alienated by government. Persons have inalienable rights. Most state constitutions recognize only inalienable rights

Natural Law, that is all that matters.

One of the best parts of the speech was when he mentioned that guns are seen to be good to protect the President but are bad when it comes to protecting our children.

This has to be mentioned more often - to show concerned parents that the gun grabbers don't really care about their children.

I would even mention that Obama's kids ARE protected by armed guards while in school.
I would also suggest for Obama to try for a week what he wants our children to do...be in a 'gun free zone'! Make it the same as the no fly zones wherever he goes. Put a half mile radius around the President and declare it a gun free zone (including his bodyguards)...see how he likes that feeling.
I mean - if it's good for our children....

This part really needs to be emphasized, and if Obama really feels strongly about supporting gun free zones and disarmament, then he should put his money where his mouth is, and show all of America that he isn't afraid to be inside of a GFZ, or have HIS children there!

This part really needs to be emphasized, and if Obama really feels strongly about supporting gun free zones and disarmament, then he should put his money where his mouth is, and show all of America that he isn't afraid to be inside of a GFZ, or have HIS children there!

I have been hitting home with that point in my discussion son this topic with others all week.

They simply have no answer.

Make the Obama daughters go to a gun free school--no secret service members shall have arms, period.

someone stated that sign would be used in an earlier post...guess that was easy to predict

NBC News also. Once it hits the AP, it spreads like wildfire. The NRA should have had a graphic of the shield thing distributed ahead of time. I suppose they can still try to get it out there. Isn't there something about equal airtime?

exactly Cold, I am an avid gamer as well and have played many a violent game and in no way has it made me want to do something crazy

Yup, I haven't played GTA-IV in a while, I will definitely be playing that during my nice long weekend. For now it's been the killy Halo 4, which is super violent... killing aliens is tough. [rofl]

The rights stated in the Declaration of Independence are "unalienable" which is different from "inalienable"...WAY different.

We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness...

"Unalienable: incapable of being alienated, that is, sold and transferred." Black's Law Dictionary, Sixth Edition, page 1523: YOU CAN NOT SURRENDER, sell or transfer unalienable rights, they are a gift from the creator to the individual and can not under any circumstances be surrendered or taken. All individual's have unalienable rights.

Inalienable rights: Rights which are not capable of being surrendered or transferred without the consent of the one possessing such rights. Morrison v. State, Mo. App., 252 S.W.2d 97, 101. YOU CAN SURRENDER, sell or transfer inalienable rights if you consent either actually or constructively. Inalienable rights are not inherent in man and can be alienated by government. Persons have inalienable rights. Most state constitutions recognize only inalienable rights

Thanks for the clarification on that, one letter does make a difference! I need to be more careful on who I quote haha. I was trying to convey the message that our rights can never be removed by a simple vote, no matter how "popular" people perceive it to be.

I thought Wayne had a lot of good things to say, and agreed with about 99% of it. I hope it changes something, but I doubt it will.

Actually, I was surprised that he raised a valid point that I hadn't really thought of. I dropped my daughter at Kindergarten this week and was surprised to see zero security. Meanwhile, I pass three cops on way way to work giving out chickensh!t tickets. How about we have the cruisers park at the schools, while waiting for emergency calls, rather than pulling people over trying to get to work on time.

Of course I know this would never go over as it doesn't generate revenue.

I personally think that this news conference did nothing. The dems and antis are still going to push their agenda for a new AWB, and will most likely get it.

I thought Wayne had a lot of good things to say, and agreed with about 99% of it. I hope it changes something, but I doubt it will.

You are missing the point, a news conference does not fix anything. it is getting people to get their thumbs out of their butt and show they are going to help push this forward. politicians do not care what the news says, they care what their campaign fun contributors think, look at how they are constantly getting called out on flip flopping and don't give a ****.

Start sending e-mails to politicians, send e-mails to your friends and have them do it. If piers Morgan can do some simple subtraction and say 300 million people should fight for gun control, what the **** are we doing just sitting around bitching. Send an e-mail, make a phone call.

You guys need to give up being so damn nit picky about video games the news or if he didn't say enough about the 2a or not. Who cares that he said he wants retired police and military to be a citizen armed security force. The goal is not to make every god damn person here happy, the goal is to defend against this attack we are under and do the best we can to offer ways for people who may be on the fence to lean our way. If it takes retired .mil and .popo to do that, i do not care. People will get turned off if we recommend weekend warriors to bring guns to school.

I just re-upped my NRA membership for one year. Even if the NRA didn`t a put on a good press conference I would have done it just to stick it to the anti's. Bring it on you cowards. I will place NRA stickers on my car now also.

I agree, throwing the game, and movie industries under the bus is not a sound way to go. People need to take responsibility for their own actions, not say "I did it because I played COD!". WTF, we all grew up watching Roadrunner and other cartoon violence, but how many of us tried to enact that shit in real life?

[cerberus];2758230 said:
I don't really think that is what he was getting at. I would say his point was to say that these things make killing easy because it has become "normal"
SOMEONE GETS IT!
I think his point was violence is in or culture, like it or not and there's no hiding from that fact.

Last edited:
I disagree. The singular concern the left will focus on in promoting an AWB IS the school shooting. He presented a solution that addresses that concern more effectively than any ban would. He also pledged the NRA will fund the necessary training. There will be plenty of time in the future debates to defend 2A rights. But in the immediate term there is a solution on the table. Hopefully the house will propose a bill to adopt his recommendations ASAP. I think this is a brilliant move and puts the onus on the left to accept or reject. If they reject increased school safety it puts a spotlight on their real agenda which is disarming the populace not securing our schools.

Excellent points!

Excellent points!

I concur as well.

This is a concrete, actionable and realistic plan that could never be conceived by politicians.

We can't let a large minority (the media) dictate the terms of this debate.

This battle must be fought at the local level, because once one school in an area accepts this offer, and there will be many, others will follow suit.

Remember some 20% - 30% of registered democrats are gun owners too.

Actually, I was surprised that he raised a valid point that I hadn't really thought of. I dropped my daughter at Kindergarten this week and was surprised to see zero security. Meanwhile, I pass three cops on way way to work giving out chickensh!t tickets. How about we have the cruisers park at the schools, while waiting for emergency calls, rather than pulling people over trying to get to work on time.

Of course I know this would never go over as it doesn't generate revenue.

I was surprised by the same thing in our town. I had to go to my daughter's school to drop off an assignment yesterday that needed to be turned in so she could get credit even though she was home sick. I was a bit nervous thinking I would have to go through a TSA style patdown on the way in being an angry looking white male and all![laugh] But no, I actually walked right through the door with a student holding it open for me that just got buzzed in. I seriously thought they would have been on high alert at least this week, but apparently they went back to "business as usual".[rolleyes]

I'm strongly considering proposing a system, much like the volunteer firefighters, to my local school.

I can see the taxpayers pitching a fight over paid people, but volunteers while still costing the town money (Insurance, etc.), would be an easier sell.

There are lots of retired/former military members in the area to recruit, I'm not, but I'd still give up a day a week to do this for the town.

I'm strongly considering proposing a system, much like the volunteer firefighters, to my local school.

I can see the taxpayers pitching a fight over paid people, but volunteers while still costing the town money (Insurance, etc.), would be an easier sell.

There are lots of retired/former military members in the area to recruit, I'm not, but I'd still give up a day a week to do this for the town.

I agree that this plan is a good proposal. If you count up the number of people here with a CHP, we would only need to volunteer 1 day per school year. Small burden IMO. Just tell the kids that you are helping out with paperwork that day.

Good idea but I wonder how that would work from a liability perspective.

[cerberus];2758630 said:
You guys need to give up being so damn nit picky about video games the news or if he didn't say enough about the 2a or not.

Will you give up being so damn nit picky about your scary assault weapons?

For the record, the short tirade about video games made a little uneasy, but he didn't come out and say something like "we need to get rid of these" so it didn't bother me all that much.

Good idea but I wonder how that would work from a liability perspective.

I agree. They would have to at least be willing to cover liability insurance for "volunteers", otherwise I see it as a non-starter. I would volunteer in a heartbeat since I have very flexible hours working my wife's business, and my own sideline. I wouldn't be happy if I had to foot a big bill though for donating my time.

I agree. They would have to at least be willing to cover liability insurance for "volunteers", otherwise I see it as a non-starter. I would volunteer in a heartbeat since I have very flexible hours working my wife's business, and my own sideline. I wouldn't be happy if I had to foot a big bill though for donating my time.

But under current tax code, the ammo you purchase for volunteering might be considered tax deductible. I will be carrying 5000 rounds the day I volunteer.

Wayne might as well have taken out his ccw, put it in his mouth and blown his fing brains out. He just committed suicide on behalf of the NRA with the general US public. The NRA right now is doing more to harm gun owners than any other person or organization in the US. If you're an NRA member, better make certain you have several cases of Astroglide handy. Ya'll gonna need it. BOHICA

But under current tax code, the ammo you purchase for volunteering might be considered tax deductible. I will be carrying 5000 rounds the day I volunteer.

[laugh2]I love it! Where you I sign up?![laugh]

- - - Updated - - -

Wayne might as well have taken out his ccw, put it in his mouth and blown his fing brains out. He just committed suicide on behalf of the NRA with the general US public. The NRA right now is doing more to harm gun owners than any other person or organization in the US. If you're an NRA member, better make certain you have several cases of Astroglide handy. Ya'll gonna need it. BOHICA

Did you even watch the broadcast? If so, what makes you feel this way? Aside from the attack on the video game industry most here feel he did a pretty admirable job overall, including those who have been pretty anti-NRA lately.

Back
Top Bottom