NRA News Conference at 11:00 AM Fri. (TODAY) Will broadcast on NRA website.

Wayne might as well have taken out his ccw, put it in his mouth and blown his fing brains out. He just committed suicide on behalf of the NRA with the general US public. The NRA right now is doing more to harm gun owners than any other person or organization in the US. If you're an NRA member, better make certain you have several cases of Astroglide handy. Ya'll gonna need it. BOHICA

Whoa where did this come from? Care to elaborate on your opinion.

I personally know of some kids that fill their heads with shit by doing nothing but sitting around playing Black Ops. They say some very stupid things.

Edit: Not all kids, some.

I agree, but people have to understand the only way to deter force is with force because laws are meaningless to the people who are going to commit these kind of acts.

+1, why don't the pol's understand that, some dipshit was talking

about the NRA press conference and how should learn
to respect each other, tell that to the Lanza kid, FU a**h***.

He didn't say that.
Wayne said:
Now, the National Rifle Association knows there are millions of qualified and active retired police, active, Reserve, and retired military, security professionals, certified firefighters, security professionals, rescue personnel, an extraordinary corps of patriotic, trained, qualified citizens to join with local school officials and police in devising a protection plan for every single school.

True, not exactly what he said, but there is always the undertone that only trained, certified "professionals" are acceptable for handling firearms.

I'm just not sure we want to go down this road, look where it got us with airports and the TSA. Do we really want our schools locked down like prisons? Metal detectors, body scanners, guards with submachine guns and body armor? We shouldn't trade liberty for security. I think our society in general needs some improvement, not militarization.

I take back what I said earlier about articles reporting facts. Now they've had time to editorialize and provide opinions. Nearly every article uses the image with the protester..

First you had the TSA now you get the ESA ( rolls hands their falling for it hook line and sinker )

Education Security Administration

Hurry before their sold out!

boots1.jpg

[cerberus];2758340 said:
Parents want a solution, they do not care about broad gun rights. By providing a solution to this current "problem" it makes people happy and we go back to doing what we are doing.

In this case we need all hands on deck, and not be splintered. You know right well the other side is after one goal, and we have to fight it as a group.

The NRA has offered an alternative to more stupid regulation. Laws and regulations haven't worked in the past and won't work in the future. These suggestions could work, and make a lot of sense.

Our legislators have said they want to have a "conversation" about this issue. LaPierre has opened that conversation. I'll be waiting to hear what the other side has to say. A conversation would be nice, because I'm sure as hell tired of being dictated to by fools who have no idea how ridiculous some of their suggested laws and regulations are.

[cerberus];2758917 said:
Man you guys will bitch about everything? I bet someone could be saving your life and you would bitch about what color shirt they had on.
Anything but neon pink. It hurts my eyes. [wink]

I'm glad he didn't take questions. The first rule of holes...

Especially when the holes are the ones asking the questions. There is no way the MSM is going to approach the NRA with a fair question. Any question they would have asked LaPierre would have been of the "Have you stopped beating your wife yet?" variety. Best thing he could have done is not play that game. When the deck is stacked against you, don't play.

I worked in the game industry for years. The fact is, that companies like Gamestop pretty much require people to sell games like that to kids. I am not against the freedom of speech, i am against a 10 year old playing games like that. I am against censorship, but i do believe that kids shouldnt be allowed to play a game like that.

No, who comes up with stupid shit like this?

- - - Updated - - -

It their parents' fault for allowing their heads to be empty in the first place.

Boom! Headshot.

True, not exactly what he said, but there is always the undertone that only trained, certified "professionals" are acceptable for handling firearms.

I'm just not sure we want to go down this road, look where it got us with airports and the TSA. Do we really want our schools locked down like prisons? Metal detectors, body scanners, guards with submachine guns and body armor? We shouldn't trade liberty for security. I think our society in general needs some improvement, not militarization.

He did begin with the fact that gun free zones prohibit the individual with the ability to defend themselves and others.

He just didn't take that line of thought far enough imo.

He did reinforce the truth that leos are good guys with guns just like the many not in uniform that carry. And good guys with guns whether they be leo or not are the only ones capable of stopping these tragedies.

Remember the emotional sheep around us that are acting with only emotion and without reason arent emotionally mature enough to comprehend that the many well armed gun owners are the best protection that they have against violent crime.

Sent from my mobile device.

Last edited:
I'm glad he didn't take questions. The first rule of holes...

They're not in a hole, that's my point...they should have nothing to hide from. But when you present with a bunker mentality, people think you have culpability. You're not going to win over the antis or most in the MSM, but you still need to be persuasive, without being prickly.

No, who comes up with stupid shit like this?

- - - Updated - - -

Boom! Headshot.

Im not kidding, EBGames had what was called the vender of the month. If we didnt promote whatever product that the vendor paid to get promoted, we would lose our jobs. It didnt matter what the game was or what content was in it, we had to promote it. I remember my district manager having me push turok evolution to a 9 year old who wanted to buy pokemon. First, that game was terrible, secondly, it should have been the parents choice what they wanted there kids to play, not EBGames, or the vendor.

Im not saying i agree that video games are the root of violence in this country. I am a huge video game fan. What i am saying is that let a parent chose how we want to parent our children. Let us decide how we feel about our 2a rights. If the liberals have an issue with it, let them all move to California.

Last edited:
I get the feeling that the NES NRA-haters are disappointed the NRA didn't make concessions just so they could bash the hell out of them.

Unfortunately we can't tell people to just leave us alone and let us decide what kind of gun we should own. Sitting around and saying the argument was a little to this, or a little to that is just going to hurt us because we are to busy convincing each other what the second amendment is. Nothing is going to be perfect, but unless you want 3 round magazines, by all means keep up the bickering.

Im not kidding, EBGames had what was called the vender of the month. If we didnt promote whatever product that the vendor paid to get promoted, we would lose our jobs. It didnt matter what the game was or what content was in it, we had to promote it. I remember my district manager having me push turok evolution to a 9 year old who wanted to buy pokemon. First, that game was terrible, secondly, it should have been the parents choice what they wanted there kids to play, not EBGames, or the vendor.
Well, you're using about as updated information as those retarded gun grabbers are. Great. So because it happened by a failed company a decade ago, it happens now? Great.

Next we'll see data from 1994 cited to support "common sense" gun control.

ETA - Pat - aside from the seagulling on the 1A it sounds like it was decent.

[cerberus];2759155 said:
Unfortunately we can't tell people to just leave us alone and let us decide what kind of gun we should own. Sitting around and saying the argument was a little to this, or a little to that is just going to hurt us because we are to busy convincing each other what the second amendment is. Nothing is going to be perfect, but unless you want 3 round magazines, by all means keep up the bickering.

I have no idea what you are trying to say here.

They're not in a hole, that's my point...they should have nothing to hide from. But when you present with a bunker mentality, people think you have culpability. You're not going to win over the antis or most in the MSM, but you still need to be persuasive, without being prickly.

They put themselves in a hole when they started talking about Mortal Combat (as if that was still a thing) and music videos. In an otherwise OK speech, they just had to find a taking point that would alienate two generations of members and potential members. And they did it in a way that made them sound hopelessly out of touch.

I didn't hear it, but yeah, the blame video game crap is pointless.

My concern ultimately is what's going to happen in January:
Congress likes to "fix problems"...they can't help themselves. Every night on TV/radio/web/facebook will be Chuck Schumer, Diane Feinstein, Joe Biden, with their fixit plans. These plans will ban guns, reduce our ability to own guns, magazines, transfers, all that. And if the NRA (I am a member) isn't there with alternative plans to fix "the problem" (even if primarily to defect the discussion), and they aren't communicating it effectively/intelligently, every night, addressing the fair and the unfair questions, to the media, to their membership, to legislators, and everyone else...they will lose. Which means we will lose.

I get the feeling that the NES NRA-haters are disappointed the NRA didn't make concessions just so they could bash the hell out of them.

i can't speak for the others drinking the haterade, but me personally? i'm glad that they didn't. however, this was not the press conference where they were going to address possible legislation, so there is still time for them to cave. i will happily support them if they recant on the police state business (.mil at schools? nahhhh), the video game/music/movies bullshit, and if they THEN tell people to eat shit when it comes to legislation.

Back
Top Bottom