Now I might be getting nervous...

I'm picturing trying to push slivers of saran wrap past the fuel fill thingy. This is a great idea but needs a delivery system.

I'm picturing a plastic / rubber tube, maybe a foot long, plugged at one end with a marble, then filled with the slivers and finally a wooden dowel sized to slip through the tube with some resistance (you don't want it to fall out OR be too hard to push through).

Insert he marble plugged end into the fuel fill, push the dowel (like a hypodermic needle) and the marble and slivers will be pushed straight into the tank.

The only issue is those fuel doors that are keyed or are released with a lever from inside the vehicle.

Disclaimer: I would never do this and would discourage anyone else from trying. Just thinking "out loud". I like solving puzzles!

Just fill a proper sized hose with the plastic pieces, insert in filler tube & blow. As far as a locked cap........puncture tank....toss match....done. [wink]

Transmissions are where you attack. They are the easiest to disrupt and the most labor intensive/cost disruptive to fix. And they only take ONE bolt to drain them. Drain it into a pan in the middle of the night, they'll never know it's empty. Also the steel wire connecting a driveshaft to brake lines is ****ing genius. But you might have to get creative to find the lines if it's air brakes, or if it's built like a HumVee with the brakes buried under the truck, inside the chassis, instead of in the wheels like conventional vehicles.

I don't see where the gas goes in on one of these bad boys. It might actually fill INSIDE the back of the truck? But they have a 40 gallon tank on there somewhere.

If I remember correctly, Top Gear took one of these and let off an "IED" underneath it. Drove off functional. They're pretty amazing, the tranny might not be easy to harm.

Not that I'm advocating any type of vandalism to police vehicles, I'm just speaking on hypothetical situations where one would become a threat... But if they ever were, my first move would be to clear the major city areas (I know a lot of you have) Then once I'm sheltered in somewhere...... Physical obstacles will defeat these. They're too heavy with low critical tip angles. Mounds of dirt, rock, gravel, dug out pits, and fallen trees will be the death of one of these trucks. They'd have to dismount to clear a path. Go from there.

If I remember correctly, Top Gear took one of these and let off an "IED" underneath it. Drove off functional. They're pretty amazing, the tranny might not be easy to harm.

I meant harm with some tools. As for their "IED" test.... I've watched/heard of 80,000 lb MRAP cougars and caymens getting tossed into the air and ripped apart. I have pictures of what a roadside bomb did to my team leaders truck. There is no way that flatbottomed bearcat is going to put up much of a fight. Those Marauder are a different story... but Afghans have already shown how easy it is to disable a "Mine resistant" truck.

599095_490388414343391_1851989706_n.jpg

I really, really want a Bearcat for my commuting vehicle...

This...

090416-08-GMC_EM50_Urban_Assault_Vehicle_from_Stripes.jpg

Ask the IRA how they lit up British APCs like it was the 4th on a weekly basis. A little ingenuity and determination goes a long way.

Sent from an illegal communications device deep within the bowels of an illegal detention center, yeah I've been black bagged.

Other small green towns got 2 hummers each this past year ... And some other retired military vehicles. Link provided.

New Wheels: Dighton receives Humvees, other equipment - Taunton, MA - The Taunton Daily Gazette

http://www.thesunchronicle.com/reho...0-b757-58a6-aee7-03b26cec4105.html?mode=image

Now who wants to do a correlation between the receiving towns of these vehicles an the "Most Armed Towns in MA"

Massachusetts most-armed towns | WCVB Home - News

My Podunk town got 2 of them as well.... and this is a town run by people who probably post dog shooting threads on NES. :D

I don't agree. Imagine this situation; You've got an tyrant at home with his wife and 2 kids. He's the kind of man Adolf Hitler would wet his pants over. Say this man is responsible for rounding up thousands and sending them to FEMA camps. Do you burn down the house to kill the tyrant and call his family collateral damage - an unfortunate reality of war? Or do you let him continue to oppress the masses to save the few?

All I have to say was already mentioned by a rather well known Civil War 1 General when asked about his policies during his "tour" of Georgia. "War is hell." Now I'd let the families leave the proverbial house unharmed assuming they showed no aggression, but the oppressor would die, any material of value to the cause would be considered civilly forfeited, and the house made uninhabitable, if not razed outright.

Back
Top Bottom