• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Not N/D, but accidental......... not my Glock....

Yosemite Sam

NES Member
MGN_1280x720_00720B00-NVGDN

CAMDEN, N.Y. (AP) --State police say an upstate New York police deputy's gun accidentally discharged in a restaurant and injured two people.
The incident occurred Saturday evening at a restaurant in Camden, about 20 miles northeast of Syracuse.
State police say an off-duty Otsego County deputy's handgun discharged while he was seated at a table.
The bullet went through the bottom of his pants, ricocheted off the floor and struck a 38-year-old woman and a 10-year-old girl.
The woman suffered a minor injury to her right foot, and the girl was treated for a laceration to her right thigh and elbow.
State police are investigating.
Author Profile Photo

Associated Press

"the gun accidentally discharged"

Yeah, mine do that all the time. That's why I keep them locked up separate from the ammo. And the ammo's locked up too, in another building, to prevent accidents.

fcktard.

"the gun accidentally discharged"

Yeah, mine do that all the time. That's why I keep them locked up separate from the ammo. And the ammo's locked up too, in another building, to prevent accidents.

fcktard.
I have a real hard-on for this. I firmly believe the press deliberately misstates this to make gun seem dangerous. They just "discharge" all the time.

To drive home this point home in my NRA BOPS classes, I pose this scenario:

It's Thanksgiving, and grandpa is cutting the turkey. Suddenly he slips, and gashes his hand open. You drive to the ER.

ER Nurse: "What happened?"
You say: "He was cutting the turkey, and..." What? To a person, they all say "...and he cut himself." I say, "Would any of you say '...and the knife cut him?'"

What BS.

ALL accidental discharges are negligent discharges. Change my mind.
If a gun is fundamentally unsound a holster discharge is possible, but i would think it's pretty rare. I bet something was caught in this guys holster or similar, though. Or he was f***ing with the gun when he shouldn't have been.

News story I read today said he had the gun in his pocket didn’t say pants pocket or jacket
Obviously we won’t get details like what model did he have pocket holster etc .
What we do know he is a dumb ass

I had a Sig p220 that the previous owner turned in to a "race gun", played with the trigger so much that when I let the slide slam in to battery, it fired. Finger was nowhere near the trigger. Hole in my couch and my dog never looked at me the same again.

I had a Sig p220 that the previous owner turned in to a "race gun", played with the trigger so much that when I let the slide slam in to battery, it fired. Finger was nowhere near the trigger. Hole in my couch and my dog never looked at me the same again.

Sorry, but the dog comment earned a like.

Pistola in his pocket, not holster, female guest with a foot under the table, bang 2 casualties. Thank heavens outlying only professionals have guns in NY; otherwise, people would get hurt.

THIS is an accidental discharge, along with those Rem 700s that fired with the right combination of safety and bolt manipulations.

If it’s not a result of a mechanical defect or deficiency, it’s negligent.

If a gun is fundamentally unsound a holster discharge is possible, but i would think it's pretty rare. I bet something was caught in this guys holster or similar, though. Or he was f***ing with the gun when he shouldn't have been.
Probably trying to be gangster pointing it under the table at someone while trying to get paid.

THIS is an accidental discharge, along with those Rem 700s that fired with the right combination of safety and bolt manipulations.

If it’s not a result of a mechanical defect or deficiency, it’s negligent.
I had one of those 700. I lighten up the trigger so much, it would fire when I closed the bolt. Of course, I was smarter than testing it with a live round. A little tightening of the screw fixed the issue.

Back
Top Bottom