• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

No but seriously, when is the effing roster going to updated?

Because it was completely legal to buy an AR in this state right up until it wasnt.
Make no mistake about it, if she had her way she would close every legal way to purchase a firearm in this state, starting with the obscure ones that we currently use to still enjoy a little freedom.

It still is. The law hasn’t changed. She is just bullying retailers and gun owners.

Bob

Because that's how inbounding MA dealers get shut down, lol. There's a difference between the AG "being aware of something" VS being handed stuff on a silver platter, and then the AG/EOPS inventing or excavating some other reason that has nothing to do with compliance/fake law/garbage to shut someone down. I've seen that movie play out a few times before over the past decade or so. AG/EOPS doesn't like someone for reason X, but uses reason Y that they excavated or what have you to get them shut down.

The few now retired dealers I knew that escaped harassment from the AG/EOPS/ATF were the ones that only so many people knew about. That's usually a pretty good correlation. It's called "flying below the radar".

-Mike

It's certainly a reason not to name stores, but not sure it's a reason to not tell noobs how to legally buy what they want, but that's probably not much help anyway since the hard part is finding the FFLs willing to risk a nasty-gram from the bitch.

Because it was completely legal to buy an AR in this state right up until it wasnt.
Make no mistake about it, if she had her way she would close every legal way to purchase a firearm in this state, starting with the obscure ones that we currently use to still enjoy a little freedom.

I need to do some shopping, I do worry about more made-up 'laws' closing what few options we have.

not sure what's more depressing, the roster or the P365. the firing pin drag is a real issue. AFAIK Sig's solution is (per usual) denial. this is coming from a company that considers being drop safe an "upgrade".

not sure what's more depressing, the roster or the P365. the firing pin drag is a real issue. AFAIK Sig's solution is (per usual) denial. this is coming from a company that considers being drop safe an "upgrade".

Sig is becoming the Tesla of gun manufacturers.

"We have this really cool product . . . we just can't figure out how to manufacture it."

I don't know, maybe stop building parts in India?

Too bad zero hour arms closed. Oleg the owner was selling brand new glocks via efa10 to anyone. He didnt give a fduck

P320 subcompact would do me just fine I know.

I have a p220 hand cannon (I over-bought but it’s a great gun and I’m keeeeeeping it.) but Shield 9mm is my edc.

There are so many things in that ballpark that I know I can choose a half dozen other guns and be happy.

I really want a German p245 (I know not small) but I love the da/sa p220 and love the idea of the p245. Shame they killed it.

I really want a German p245 (I know not small) but I love the da/sa p220 and love the idea of the p245. Shame they killed it.

P245 has been out of production for a while. they were making the P220 compact which is the same thing with a few tweaks including 20th century slide machining. the P220 compact was in production until 2017 or so. it held 6 rounds and looked cool. they still make the P220 carry model which has the same length grip (8 flush) but the 3.9" slide. it makes a fine shoulder carry pistol for old timers who need to carry 45acp (perhaps part of AARP benefits).

but in seriousness, if you are looking for a 45acp carry pistol checkout the XDS-45 or Shield 45. I have no use for either of those pistols in 9mm. the XDS-9 is too heavy mostly because of the thick-as-hell barrel and the Shield 9 never fit my hand correctly. now both of these in 45 acp are winners at least for me. i do not own an XDS 45 but have shot them and like the gun. for whatever reason i hit everything that i want with the Shield 45. i have made hits at 25 yards on steel without even sighting it. just point in general direction and steel rings. i don't understand it. i do not plan on selling mine, and that's coming from a 9mm dude. don't worry i still hate S&W.

i haven't yet played around with the springfield XDE but those who own it seem quite pleased. you don't see them in the classifieds much. i would give that one consideration if wanting a hammer gun. there are actually a lot of solid options out there which is why I don't follow the logic of becoming Sig's beta tester of the P365. and sorry the whole marketing ploy around "365" is just F-ing dumb. i don't see why i should reward Sig for bspending more $$ on marketing than R&D.

Last edited:
That, among other things, is the reason they are closed. :emoji_frowning2:

LOL. I never actually made it there. I think I was PLANNING on going when they "closed for renovations."

I'm hoping a new roster AND good P365's. Just b'cuz.

The P365 is a good gun, the problem is getting a good p365. Mine is 2500 rounds and going strong. No malfunctions.

Half the stuff I read about the P365 describes it as having a polymer frame. When the P365 was announced it was described by Sig Sauer as having a stainless steel Nitron coated frame and slide. Repeated checks of the Sig Sauer website all state this. Are there any free-state owners of P365s who can confirm the frame material?
Thank you.

I bought a XDE in 9mm from FS on the tax free weekend. Their price is better than the Springfield discount for NRA instructors. I've only had it to the range once, but was pretty happy with it. The only thing I did was buy Talon grips for it.

I don't like as my as my 3913TSW, but it's a suitable gun to take with me out of state. Unlike most of the S&W 3rd Gens I own, I can just go and get another XDE if something happens to this one.

The XDE does have a MA compliant DA trigger pull, but the SA pull is actually pretty good.

i haven't yet played around with the springfield XDE but those who own it seem quite pleased. you don't see them in the classifieds much. i would give that one consideration if wanting a hammer gun. there are actually a lot of solid options out there which is why I don't follow the logic of becoming Sig's beta tester of the P365. and sorry the whole marketing ploy around "365" is just F-ing dumb. i don't see why i should reward Sig for bspending more $$ on marketing than R&D.

The in-depth reviews for the P365 have mostly been stellar. If one superimposes the P320 drop issue onto the P365 for no other reason than the brand name (i.e., different issues entirely) it comes off as hollow criticism (“Sig quality of late sucks!” kind of statements).

Once you filter out brand haters (who will hate everything always) I can’t believe that the positive reviews are all just shills being given free stuff or payment etc. (No one here has said such, I’m just going on what I’ve seen on the ‘net so far).

The reality has to be it is overall good but a few issues that are being addressed quickly not unlike basically every other gun we now know and love, right? Or am I being too damn reasonable and I need to pick a side haha

The XDE does have a MA compliant DA trigger pull, but the SA pull is actually pretty good.

AFAIK SA isn't installing a heavier hammer spring for those in MA. the gun is both DA with a thumb safety so the 10 lb AG BS doesn't apply.

The in-depth reviews for the P365 have mostly been stellar. If one superimposes the P320 drop issue onto the P365 for no other reason than the brand name (i.e., different issues entirely) it comes off as hollow criticism (“Sig quality of late sucks!” kind of statements).

Once you filter out brand haters (who will hate everything always) I can’t believe that the positive reviews are all just shills being given free stuff or payment etc. (No one here has said such, I’m just going on what I’ve seen on the ‘net so far).

The reality has to be it is overall good but a few issues that are being addressed quickly not unlike basically every other gun we now know and love, right? Or am I being too damn reasonable and I need to pick a side haha

1) most reviews are bought and paid for

2) who is claiming the P365 has drop safe issues? that pertains to the P320, not the P365

3) my issues with Sig go far beyond brand-hating, they are based on experience with their company which has been mostly terrible. they try to control everything particularly at the FFL level.

4) what P365 issues are Sig "addressing quickly?"

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4U5sPGhO9pw&t=1008s

I bought a XDE in 9mm from FS on the tax free weekend. Their price is better than the Springfield discount for NRA instructors. I've only had it to the range once, but was pretty happy with it. The only thing I did was buy Talon grips for it.

I don't like as my as my 3913TSW, but it's a suitable gun to take with me out of state. Unlike most of the S&W 3rd Gens I own, I can just go and get another XDE if something happens to this one.

I kind of like the little extra bit of safety with DA/SA - hard to find that in a single stack.

Yes it is. That's why there are a number of people that wish that S&W would bring back the 3rd Gen guns. The 3913 is a great carry gun that's incredibly reliable, easy to carry, and accurate. The Shield is a POS in comparison.

I kind of like the little extra bit of safety with DA/SA - hard to find that in a single stack.

That's good to know. There is a rumor or a company producing a lighter trigger group that can be retrofitted to the XDE. So far, the DA trigger pull is the only thing I don't like about the XDE. I can even live with the polymer frame although I like the alloy frame on my 3913 much more.

AFAIK SA isn't installing a heavier hammer spring for those in MA. the gun is both DA with a thumb safety so the 10 lb AG BS doesn't apply.

i would like to compare an XDE 45 to the shield 45. granted it's hammer vs striker but given the XDE 45 is 23 oz with 6 rd capacity of 45acp it sounds appealing. if SA could make the XDE with decocker only (for me no need to ever have condition 1) i would be interested in the 45acp model. the 9mm model is 25 oz empty. when loaded up that's going to be a rather heavy pistol. an empty glock 17 is just barely lighter than an empty XDE 9mm.

my guess is that SA is trying to cut costs by machining the barrel area of both chamberings to be the same external dimensions. they did this with the XDS. the result is the 9mm has a barrel that is retarded thick. the fanboys claim this is somehow beneficial. one way the glock 43 is relatively light is the thin walled barrel. same for the G42. if SA were willing to re-examine their designs in favor of being lightweight they would be an absolute homerun. however the costs of doing this probably far outweigh the # of purchases (like myself) who care.

despite all my complaining about the XDS, having owned an XDS 9mm i would certainly take it over a Sig P365. the XDS 9mm was 100% reliable, well built with top notch machining quality, good looking, soft shooting, etc. my only gripe was the weight. a loaded G43 weighs about the same as an empty XDS 9.

Last edited:
Half the stuff I read about the P365 describes it as having a polymer frame. When the P365 was announced it was described by Sig Sauer as having a stainless steel Nitron coated frame and slide. Repeated checks of the Sig Sauer website all state this. Are there any free-state owners of P365s who can confirm the frame material?
Thank you.
The Grip frame is polymer. The Frame, which is the modular internal firing mechanism is stainless.

Back
Top Bottom