• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

NH non resident permit?

Looking to get my permit and was wondering if it's acceptable to drop off application and check in person? Any info is appreciated. Thank you
I suppose you could drop off your Non-resident application and check at 33 hazen drive in Concord, but it won't speed up the process any.

Question about payment. The 2nd page of the application says to use a check. Right now, im waiting for them to be reordered. If i wrote out a money order addressed to the NH treasurers office, is that ok? Has anyone dealt with this?

Question about payment. The 2nd page of the application says to use a check. Right now, im waiting for them to be reordered. If i wrote out a money order addressed to the NH treasurers office, is that ok? Has anyone dealt with this?

I have no idea. You coudl call and ask them

Your bank can usually give you a check for you account (not a "bank check"), one with your account info but no name or address. My checks were so old the address is two moves back. I just crossed it out and wrote in my current address. NH cashed it no problem.

I'm sure they really do not care, as long as it isn't cash.

Anybody else experiencing delays?

I sent my renewal out end of October. It's end of December and my check still isn't cashed.

My license expires on the 31st... is there any buffer period or proof my application that has been sent in?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I sent my renewal out end of October. It's end of December and my check still isn't cashed.

My license expires on the 31st... is there any buffer period or proof my application that has been sent in?

I had a decent delay. Sent out on the 17th of Oct and received permit on the 28th of Nov.

You can make a phone call to them, not sure if you'll reach a human or it will speed up things or not however.

Mine (early last year) took 6 weeks IIRC.

Sorry, but there is no grace period in NH. I confirmed that as I delayed a shopping trip until I received mine (I was expired by ~3 weeks).

Thank you for the response folks.

I called yesterday and was prompted to leave a voicemail. I doubt I'll get a call back.

I'm spending this weekend in North Conway for New Years with some friends. Looks like I'll just have to transport my firearms the old fashioned way. We're going to be at the house most of the weekend so carrying isn't a huge issue for the time being.

Thank you for the response folks.

I called yesterday and was prompted to leave a voicemail. I doubt I'll get a call back.

I'm spending this weekend in North Conway for New Years with some friends. Looks like I'll just have to transport my firearms the old fashioned way. We're going to be at the house most of the weekend so carrying isn't a huge issue for the time being.

Just open carry (not in the car). No license required.

I'm sure this has been answered before but my searches didn't find much so I apologize.

Without a license I can carry concealed, as long as I don't have ammo on me??? Can my wife carry the ammo if she doesn't have a firearm on her?

I'm sure this has been answered before but my searches didn't find much so I apologize.

Without a license I can carry concealed, as long as I don't have ammo on me??? Can my wife carry the ammo if she doesn't have a firearm on her?

As long as your gun is unloaded. And, carry your own damn ammo. [wink]

You can carry concealed without a license but the firearm can't be loaded. You can have a magazine in a pocket or mag pouch. Note: This doesn't apply to motor vehicle carry as once in a motor vehicle than it's considered "concealed" and a P&R is required to be compliant with the law if it becomes loaded.

Alternatively you can open carry a loaded pistol or revolver. But the same prohibition applies once in a motor vehicle.

As per question regarding wife: There's no license or permit for ammo carry.

PS: We're trying to get NH to become the next Constitutional Carry state. It should happen early in the next session.

You can carry concealed without a license but the firearm can't be loaded. You can have a magazine in a pocket or mag pouch. Note: This doesn't apply to motor vehicle carry as once in a motor vehicle than it's considered "concealed" and a P&R is required to be compliant with the law if it becomes loaded.

Alternatively you can open carry a loaded pistol or revolver. But the same prohibition applies once in a motor vehicle.

As per question regarding wife: There's no license or permit for ammo carry.

PS: We're trying to get NH to become the next Constitutional Carry state. It should happen early in the next session.

I appreciate the thorough response. Could you please clarify what you mean in regards to entering a vehicle.

I'm under the impression I can carry my unloaded Glock iwb, and a spare mag in my pocket. Do I need to change something upon entering a vehicle?

Thanks again!

I appreciate the thorough response. Could you please clarify what you mean in regards to entering a vehicle.

I'm under the impression I can carry my unloaded Glock iwb, and a spare mag in my pocket. Do I need to change something upon entering a vehicle?

Thanks again!

"I'm under the impression I can carry my unloaded Glock iwb, and a spare mag in my pocket. Do I need to change something upon entering a vehicle?"

Nope. Nothing needs to change.

I wonder if they'll be a sudden drop in non-res submissions since the chance of Constitutional Carry becoming law in the next month or two is very high.

The chances of NH adopting Constitutional Carry just increased immensely on the account of my 100 dollar check being cashed.

Back
Top Bottom