NH non resident permit?

07/22/2016 - Sent the letter and $3 to NH via regular US mail for change of address on non-res P&L.
07/27/2016 - Received my new non-res license, in hand.

5 Day Turnaround!
Yep, that's what mine was very recently. Didn't even need to do that much - new license is optional. I just wanted to have my new address in there and $3 is chump change.

Hey guys new to the forum but was wondering if you guys could help with some laws, in NH k was told with out an LTC you can either open carry or conceal carry unloaded but you are allowed to have a loaded mag in your pocket it just can't be in the gun? Is this true? Also do you think it is possible to get a resident permit when I have two houses there one of which we have owned for 20 years.

The resident permit question should be directed to your local licensing authority (typically police department) what they require for proof of residency. Most require a NHDL, but you might be able to get a NH ID to meet the requirement.

Quick question. Where it says 'resident state license number' is it asking for my MA LTC license #? This is directly above the line for driver's license #.

thanks

Quick question. Where it says 'resident state license number' is it asking for my MA LTC license #? This is directly above the line for driver's license #.

thanks

Yes it is...assuming you're a MA resident. ;) The residents of other states would but their state's LTC # in there

The resident permit question should be directed to your local licensing authority (typically police department) what they require for proof of residency. Most require a NHDL, but you might be able to get a NH ID to meet the requirement.

I would suggest otherwise. NH RSAs are also very clear: No picture is required for an NH P&R. So I wouldn't even volunteer the DL.

If you're a resident of NH, then apply.

- - - Updated - - -

thanks

A out-of-state license is not required to apply for, or receive a non-res P&R license.

I understand the the NH courts have overturned the requirement for non-residents to be licensed in their home state in order to qualify for a NH concealed carry permit. All the applications I have seen ask for the applicants home state LTC number, and require you send in a copy of your license. How is that being handled with the new ruling? I cannot find an application that does not ask for this info... or have I misread something and am completely wrong??
https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/volokh-conspiracy/wp/2016/06/02/n-h-supreme-court-rejects-agency-imposed-limits-on-concealed-carry-permits-for-out-of-state-residents/

Thanks

I understand the the NH courts have overturned the requirement for non-residents to be licensed in their home state in order to qualify for a NH concealed carry permit. All the applications I have seen ask for the applicants home state LTC number, and require you send in a copy of your license. How is that being handled with the new ruling? I cannot find an application that does not ask for this info... or have I misread something and am completely wrong??
https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/volokh-conspiracy/wp/2016/06/02/n-h-supreme-court-rejects-agency-imposed-limits-on-concealed-carry-permits-for-out-of-state-residents/

Thanks

I just left it blank, filed it days after the ruling, got my NH CC.

So today is 14 days since they received my application (6/7/16 at 7:19am) and normally I'd wait a few days just in case it's in the mail, but my check hasn't cleared. So I called and went through the menu and the recording told me applications were running about 4 weeks...Didn't I hear that they only had 14 days? Anyone have a cite on this for the non-resident permit?

Before I leave a message asking about the status I'd like to see where the 14 day limit comes from myself. I'm betting someone out their has the location memorized.

update: found the reference, call and left message asking for status.
How do you know the exact time and date in which they received your application?

Wrote my check and sent it in on August 9th.
Check cleared my bank on Sep 16th.
Waiting for my license to arrive.

So basically about another 10 days whoa ok guess ill just keep waiting lol. My check just cleared so im probably looking at the same turn around time.

I would guess that having your check clear means that they have decided that you are a worthy applicant and that your license is being made. All you have to do is wait.

But, I am still like a little kid at times. I know that Christmas is coming but I want it to come NOW! [smile]

I would guess that having your check clear means that they have decided that you are a worthy applicant and that your license is being made. All you have to do is wait.

But, I am still like a little kid at times. I know that Christmas is coming but I want it to come NOW! [smile]

that's a false assumption.

The assumption should be closer to "They're finally processing your application".

that's a false assumption.

The assumption should be closer to "They're finally processing your application".

No.
In NH, if you're denied the permit, they send your check back to you with the denial letter.
Unlike Mass, where they consider it an "application fee" and keep your money either way.

8½ weeks

8/12 - Check & application mailed,
9/20 - Check cleared bank 5½ weeks later.
9/30 - Old permit expired,
10/11 - New permit arrived 3 weeks after the check cleared

8½ weeks

8/12 - Check & application mailed,
9/20 - Check cleared bank 5½ weeks later.
9/30 - Old permit expired,
10/11 - New permit arrived 3 weeks after the check cleared

Most important piece of information is, the issue date of the license.

Issued 9/30/2016, expires 9/30/2020
I really thought 7 weeks would be enough.

Based on my experience, expect your license the beginning to middle of next week.

Indeed, came in today. 32 days from mailing to license in hand.

Nothing on it indicates "concealed". Is that because NH doesn't require a license unless you carry concealed?

And looks like it is 5 years, not 4 (exp. last day of your Bday month).

Indeed, came in today. 32 days from mailing to license in hand.

Nothing on it indicates "concealed". Is that because NH doesn't require a license unless you carry concealed?

And looks like it is 5 years, not 4 (exp. last day of your Bday month).

You're overthinking the little card. The license is the license. The RSAs say what you need it for, not the card. It applies to more than carrying concealed.

As to the date, it is a minimum of 4 yrs, ending on the last day of your birthday month. I'm guessing your birthday wasn't very long ago.

You're overthinking the little card. The license is the license. The RSAs say what you need it for, not the card. It applies to more than carrying concealed.

As to the date, it is a minimum of 4 yrs, ending on the last day of your birthday month. I'm guessing your birthday wasn't very long ago.

Correct, my license is valid for 4.5 years now.

Back
Top Bottom