NH FFL Went Out Of Business, Ducking Me To Return My Consignment Pistol. Recourse?

this is literally my pistol
At least it was a 40!!

Seems like a shit situation. We all end up taking losses now and then. If it’s a less than 500 dollar loss, although all losses suck, it ain’t the end of the world. 500 bux ain’t worth your small claims court time, unfortunately….unless you value your time at like 10 bux/ hr….

Meh, I’m not an FFL, but when you’re in the business of selling firearms (FFL) what your business possesses, needs to be in the book. When you work on someone’s gun for hire, sign it into book, then out of book. For it to be in his shop on consignment, into his book, and out when he sells it, or returns it un-sold to original owner. FFL needs to do 4473 to take things out of book….
If its only a repair/work no 4473 is required. It just logs in and out as a repair its that simple.

Sounds like club fed may have a bed ready for him.
Or the funernal home a casket.

I say that meaning if he doesn't deliver the goods he's on his way there and usually people take the easy way out as federal prison isn't a picnic, especially with who's in charge now and would love to throw an FFL behind bars.

It's almost Wednesday. Great Thanksgiving Day gift - spending the night before in jail for theft. Can you go livestream when you and the cops show up at his place tomorrow night? I dislike the ATF, but will enjoy seeing their wrath poured out on an unscrupulous dealer.

Funny aside: I was listening to 'ZLX a billion years ago. Rocko in the afternoon. Guy called in that he had a Super Bowl pool going. Squares. He sold them all for $20 or $50 each and then spent all the $. Actually, I think it was $50 a square but he lied and only sold HALF the squares - figuring he had a 50/50 chance of winning.

HE SPENT THE MONEY, LEBOWSKI! [rofl]

It was THOUSANDS of dollars. He was just dodging the guy that won.

Call the ATF explain what is going on. The ATF loves this stuff they will send a couple of ATF investigators to visit this guy. These ATF agents are not the same as the auditors they are the law inforcement arm of the ATF. They are much more scarier then the guy that comes out to audit your shop and bound book.

Friggin HATE it when good folks get totally screwed by $hitbags.

Hope some positive closure can be had.

I too took it hard in the azz to the tune of $495 back in 2017 from Sharp Shooters Supply where i paid up front for a custom stock for my Savage 12 Palma. Months of exchanged emails / excuses and in the end i got nothing for my money, and played for a chump. Learned a few lessons moving forward after the above stated screwing.

O.. so your gay

Why didn't you just say that I'm sure the fbi will be happy to help you recover that 40 now
When I lived in MA, my philosophy was if I'm limited to only 10 rd mags, I'd rather them be 10 rds of 40 vs 10 rds of 9. Now that I dont live in MA, my carry gun has 17 rd mags, and I cleared out my 40 cal pistols and consolidated calibers.

When I lived in MA, my philosophy was if I'm limited to only 10 rd mags, I'd rather them be 10 rds of 40 vs 10 rds of 9. Now that I dont live in MA, my carry gun has 17 rd mags, and I cleared out my 40 cal pistols and consolidated calibers.
No need to justify your choice. .40 destroys everything, including guns.

1700607518409.png

This is really going to blow your mind...
.45ACP
Seriously though, a similar line of thinking during the Clinton AWB had me buy a Glock30.

Back
Top Bottom